The Harvest Moon Consortium

A NeverWinterNights Guild and Player community

This forum is for those using the Creation Toolset

How to "CLEAN UP" a mod you have created.

Postby Bannor Bloodfist » Wed May 09, 2012 5:52 am

This is a KNOWN bug in the CK that is not likely to ever be fixed. Bethesda never fixed it for the Oblivion version either.

When you are building your own custom mod, and you just OPEN an area from the OC, just to look and see how things are done, the CK records that as a change, and incorporates anything you may or may not have intentionally changed as an addition to your mod.

The CK is so buggy, and sooo sensitive that if you were to accidentally select and move instead of just selecting to copy something, that MOVED object will now be permanently in the OC sections of Skyrim if your mod is loaded. This also bloats your mod and will increase loading times of the OC cells that have been "touched".

Bad news.

However, there are two ways to help clean up this crap that Bethesda Insists you want in your mod, one uses the CK itself, the other uses the Tesvsnip program.

Read through this forum post for full instructions: Cleaning up a mod inside of CK
CTP Team Lead

Re: How to "CLEAN UP" a mod you have created.

Postby Winterhawk99 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:56 pm

excellent post Bannor, Thank you :)
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Re: How to "CLEAN UP" a mod you have created.

Postby Bannor Bloodfist » Wed May 09, 2012 6:38 pm

It is fairly easy to do from what I can tell, I just cleaned up my current working version, and have not noticed any bugs generated by this. Basically, you are just "Deleting" the so called changes to OTHER areas by following the steps in that forum post.

I will likely work up a pictorial tutorial on this in the somewhat near future.
CTP Team Lead

Return to The Creation Toolset