The Harvest Moon Consortium

A NeverWinterNights Guild and Player community

A "Mod" adds or changes items in base Skyrim game. This is a short list of what we have found as really Useful or Beautifying mods for Skyrim.

General Game/Landscape Improvements

Postby Bannor Bloodfist » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 pm

This list is short, simply because my computer can't handle all of the great improvements that ARE available. Since I can't run them, I don't bother testing most of them. If you have other suggestions, please add to this topic. This list may also contain other mods, like sound effects, weather modifications etc.

HiRes Legible Road Signs This improves/clarifies the readability on at least 95% of the various road signs you find across Skyrim. Highly recommended since Bethesda thought that making things harder to read made it more realistic. However, here in USA, having legible road signs is a LAW! :mrgreen:

Immersive Skyrim Thunder I like how this mod author changed the sound effects of thunder and rain.

Immersive Fullscreen World Map I used this when playing fullscreen, have not tried while using a smaller screen so not sure if it works there or not. Nice, cleaner, world map, easier to find things, has less clutter, is usable with other world map mods like ones that add additional icons for other locations (your home) etc.

Unmapped Places: Dragon Mounds This adds map markers for all the dragon mounds found in the world. Note: This does NOT mean you can fast travel to them prior to actually finding them yourself first.

Unmapped Places: Shrines This adds map markers for all the Shrines found in the world. Note: This does NOT mean you can fast travel to them prior to actually finding them yourself first.

Unamapped Places: Player Homes This adds map markers for all the vanilla Player Homes that you can purchase in game in the world. Note: This does NOT mean you can fast travel to them prior to actually finding them yourself first. It also does NOT mean you own the home, you must first perform whatever quests are related to gaining access to these homes. However, once they are yours as intended by Bethesda and Skyrim, you can now fast travel right to your front door instead of having to travel to city, then walk to it. Generally skips at least one loading screen so it can save you wasted time.

Pimp My Proudspire Really BAD choice of names, this is NOT an Adult mod. What this does is improve your home Proudspire by adding additional features to the home. This mod auto fills the home for you and YES it does allow access to this home prior to you actually earning that usage via normal game play. You can still purchase stuff for the home from the Jarl etc, but they dont actually add anything to the home since they have all already been placed there by this mod.

More Carriages Adds carriages to more towns, including many of the smaller towns found on the map. Carriages allow you to travel to places you have never been before, saving you long walking distances. Greatly speeds up game play when you have to get to a portion of the map you have never visited before for a quest. IE kill a Dragon located at XXX, and this mod MAY get you to a town/village that is closer than walking halfway around the world first.
CTP Team Lead

Re: General Game/Landscape Improvements

Postby Bannor Bloodfist » Fri May 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Found a new file that radically improves the look of stones, mountains, etc. Parallax Rocks and Mountains Alpha by Pannonian . This really makes the stones look real, even at lower resolutions or lower level graphics settings.
CTP Team Lead

Return to Fun Mods / Upgrades