Progress post 08 2018: Brightblade & Fireforge
General public discussion and advertisement area for this project.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Black Rider
ctp: Yes
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Black Rider »

I “finished” Brightblade (IG screen):

“Finished” means, that it has reached the same status as the groups mentioned in the former posts.

Since there is an interior for Brightblade, this time I placed the windows on the outside at the same position as they’re on the inside.

I’m now working on the Fireforge group and here discovered yet another approach regarding the usage of tree leaves: Smaller branches, which hold the leave-meshes! (Well, it was more a re-discovery. We knew, that there are a couple of groups, which had additional small twig-like branches, but since I started with the most raw models, I didn’t pay attention to the ones, which are in a much more advanced stage - e.g. they already have the second approach regarding the root leaves - see viewtopic.php?f=130&t=2735)

Here is a toolset screen showing the smaller branches holding the leave mesh from beneath:

Remark: Here the leave meshes are still the original ones (see viewtopic.php?f=130&t=2734 - 2nd image)!

Since the leave meshes are (mostly) not a part of the big branches anymore, this approach lead to the fact, that a very high number of leave meshes were/are needed to cover these branches (toolset screen of the Fireforge group):

This really makes up a nice canopy!

The new leave meshes, which have been added to the groups mentioned in the former posts, don’t always fit in size. So, ATM, I’m trying to find a compromise, so the new leaves work and the number of leave meshes is reduced a bit.

The following is an IG screen showing work in progress.

Since this isn’t too much fun to work on, because it needs much controlling of the looks in the TS and IG (= exporting - controlling - adding and adjusting - exporting…) , I also started to work on the root leaves of the Seeker group (which is also not really too much fun to do… :lol: ).

Black Rider

Re: Progress post 08 2018: Brightblade & Fireforge

Post by Black Rider »

Due to the well known RL and various other distractions I finally found some air to return to the Fireforge-group.

Since this is a preservation project, my plan was to leave all the branches as they are and “just” exchange the leave-meshes. After MUCH tinkering, I came to the conclusion, that it won’t work out, since the new leave-meshes have a set size (small, medium and large templates) and they don’t always work with all the branches. Most of the branches are the original ones, but I moved and scaled a handful, so they work with the “new” leave-meshes”.

I added smoke and windows, too. Since there is an interior for Flint Fireforge, I placed them at the according outside spot - as I did for Brightblade (see posts above).

As you can see in the screenshot, the texture of the outer walls do not work well with the windows. So I had to rework those walls.

Here are some screenshots of the current stage (night time - windows glowing):
(Remark: The toon is DLA-Lisa’s Caramon Majere!)

I also found, that those branches are/were in a pretty rough stage: They had textures on only one side and no Aurora Trimesh Modifier. Upon export, they get this modifier with shadows activated. So I still have to deactivate the shadows here, but else, this group has reached the same stage as those mentioned in the other posts!

Next group is "Seeker".

Winterhawk99
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Very nice BR. Are some of these going into DLCR?
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Black Rider

Post by Black Rider »

Winterhawk99 wrote:Very nice BR. Are some of these going into DLCR?
Sorry, but somehow I did not get a notification on this reply and I missed it...

Well, why not? But progress is slow... Don't know, when it will reach a stage, that it can be relased. When Bannor and I got the OK to continue to work with this set, it was made clear, that it should be in good shape, when it is released. So we can't port this to DLCR, yet.