Arelush's Journal
This forum is for anyone to put their PC's stories down for other servers than Anchorome and Harvestmoon both long dead. Many may read them and get some inspiration for their own characters or for dming from their adventures.
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Arelush's Journal

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Captain says I should write journal. She told me it is to practice my letters; also, to remember. I am not sure I want to remember. My life was grief until I met the captain. Then more grief when I had to leave her.

I was born a slave. I was born in a country of sand where gods walked the land and ruled the people. It was a land of great culture for those who are free. It was not so good for slaves. If slave did not do a good job for master, they would not eat.

I was taken from mother and father when very young: when I no longer needed mothe’rs milk. I was sold to another who raised me to cook and clean house. When became 15 or 16 they sold me to another. My job was to share master’s bed or his guest’s beds. I did this until I was somewhere near 20 maybe 21 then was considered too old and too used to be good bed warmer. I was sold to a green giant with tusks in mouth. He take me to a new land and put me in a dirty cage. He did not feed me well and did not care for me. I had sores and bugs on me. I was very dirty and smelled of bathroom because had no place to do this but bucket in corner.

This new land was a land where giant glowing crystals were placed around the water and land. There were floating cities and other strange wonders. Their gods were different. They lived somewhere in the sky not on the land. They did not talk to people only the priests.

After many months I was not sold. I think master would take me out of the city and cut his loss on me. Was not much of a loss I was sold this last time for ten silver coins. I awaited the day when he would give me to the gods of the lands but something happened.

A woman from my own land came to the slave cages. She was dressed in official robes of the house of life. Those that make magic. Her robes were black and red meaning she was one who spoke to the dead, and helped the priests make guardians of the temples. Guardians are creatures beyond life that walk the temples at night to scare those not meant to be there. If they touch you, you become sick with plague and die.

This woman was of brown skin like me but had pointed ears and metal-colored eyes. Her eyes were the color of the sun metal, not gold but stronger than gold that the old weapons were made from. She brings me to a ship. I later find out that this is her ship. She is captain of this ship that moves cargo across the sea to other ports. It was very big as long as three houses and as wide as one.

She take me to what I know now is state room just in front of her cabin in back of ship. There she tell me that she will make me a free woman, but she also say that I am not ready to be free. I do not understand this and not know if to trust her or not. She tell me that I will be free today. She will give me my papers but she has a proposal. She said if I stay with her, she will teach me to be proper free woman. She will teach me my letters and numbers but that I will have to work too.

She said she needs a cabin girl. One who cleans ship and her place, lay out her uniforms, bring her food and drink when asked or oil for her hands. She say I will get coin for this. As her cabin girl I get ½ share of crew. She say it is not much but it is pay for work and as bonus she teach me to be a free woman.

I have to think a long time on this. Maybe she cons me to think falsely then kill me to make guardian for her. I take a chance and accept her words as she tell truth. I am glad I did.

She teaches me my letters in common trade tongue like this and our home language which is written in pictures. I do ok. I know I need to get better but I only write here so is not so problem like her. She write many letters and numbers almost all the time. Some letters she send me to deliver at ports. She tell me she working in secret and cannot be seen with them. I accept this.

In numbers I get the basics. How to count how to take away even how to multiply but she try to teach me how triangles make circles. This I could not get. She say all sailors need this. I still cannot think how something with three sides can make a circle. This is not logical. Still she use this numbers counting when she uses her metal hand fan with looking glass. She say she reads the stars and sun with this and make triangles to find place on sea.

After many months maybe a year. The captain. She gets very sick. We find out she was very sick for a very long time. Crew worry she cannot get them home but her people the elves and the short people called dwarves they help her. For the next many years she works on a great spell to get crew home. This spell so great and dangerous that she say she would stay here so the learning of the spell can never be again.

I offer to stay with her since I am from here. She tell me I must live my own life. So I decide to go with crew if she can create spell and her machine work with it. During these years captain make me learn from many teachers. They find what am really good at besides warming a bed. They find out I have good eyes and that my steps are soft.

One of her people take me and tell me I would do well to learn from him. He teach me hunting on cold ground of this place where ice and snow cover ground much of the year. He teach me to survive this cold. To catch small animals, to skin and cook them after cutting out bad parts. He also teach me of the animals and tracks and many other things. I become a good hunter. He was very proud to take former human slave and make her hunter. I am thankful.

After some years the captain, she completes work. She sends crew home. I decide to go with them. She worry I upset some kind of balance but I say I am no one like she say. She have saying she like to say to keep her beneath the gods She say ‘I am no import to the greater scheme.’ She say it is important to be humble so can respect others and the great gods too. I remember this. She also give me bracelet. She say it is from her first homeland, where she was born. An island of forests and elves like her. It is silver made of many wires. They have small green stones on the wires she call emeralds. It is my prize possession. I wear it all the time. To remember her.

We worry for captain. Before we left she fall down almost every one or two weeks and shake. Still she get crew home. We find ourselves in a great cold wasteland. It is a land of pale giants and hobgoblins. We start south. Before we get back to towns of humans all die from cold, giants or accident. Only ones left is her second a blue skinned elf by name of Cyr and me. We split up I go west. Cyr go east. Now I am in new and strange land. I hope to hunt and sell meat to market. I still have my papers of freedom she gave to me. I hope I will not need them but have them if I do. It is time now. I will see these new people and their place. I will see if I can live here and make a living with my hunting.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Winterhawk99

Re: Arelush's Journal

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I find people in a new place. This place was very confusing with no markers. there were many places I get stuck not knowing how to leave towns or areas. This place festers with many enemies and is no place for those not of experience should be. I will not name this place. It is a place of darkness and depression where things they do not add up. It is good that not many like me go there so it will remain unnamed. After a month I leave this place and travel south to another. Here I find better situation.

I am still not sure of the name of this place I now live. It has a great forest. It has much game and a few of the people I have met seem kindly. They say there are no slaves here. It is a good thing, I think. The first thing I do is wander the big city in this area. I buy some things I need, arrows a new bow, some new armor. Then I look around town. This city it has a palace with the many names of heroes and heroines written on statues in stone. I see the captain's name on one. It makes me sad but also makes me cautious.

I know the one I know is dead but also know she also alive. This one who is alive I do not know. I do not want to disturb this one. It would cause problems for me and for her. I know she would try to avoid fate. it is best not to tamper with fate. So, I think a very long time. From now on I will not call her captain but mother for she is like a second mother to me. I did not know birth mother: but the captain: she takes me in, frees me and treat me like a daughter. Before she sends me here, she gave me a bracelet and said she thinks of me as a daughter. So, I will call her mother it is a show of both respect and reverence for the one who freed me from slavery and taught me to be a free woman with my own mind.

The next thing I do is meet a man. this is a kindly man much like mother. His name is Zeek. He is not elven and not human but part of both. He also knows magic but does so with no books. Mother always looked at books: Books on magic, on how to build things, and charts of the sea and land. She always has her nose in paper. Zeek, he does not. Somehow, he just knows magic.

At first, I did not know if I could trust this Zeek. He swayed me and after only a day he gives me a key to what he calls his secret hideout. It is in the desert. It is a tower that covers a deep cave with an oasis. a strange place. Between this I meet with him many women. Most of these women are overbearing. I had a hard time keeping my peace. They are energetic and young, little more than half my age. One of these is a huntress like me but follow a god called Malar not Anhur. She seems somehow twisted. I do not like her manner. I stay quiet and listen while with these girls. Mother told me once it is more important to listen than to talk though she always say she is not so good at listening herself.

Along the way between meeting Zeek and others I was with one or two of them or all of them. we fought the little dragon men, goblins, orcs even bad elves though why would there be bad elves? I guess all people can be good or bad. I just wish to survive while hunting that is what I do now. I also walked past a half-orc he was green skinned and had tusks like my last master. I shied away to the other side of the street. I know my papers will only protect me so much. if there are slavers wishing to steal people, I know the papers will not mean much to them.

Zeek he also teaches me some woodwork. He says if I stay to it, I will make a bow whose arrows can touch the sun. I am not sure Ra-Ammon would like an arrow to touch him, but I understand what Zeek means.

So far this looks like a good place to stake for year maybe two. I do not know. I am optimistic. I have written in this journal now two times. I will try to write more in the future. I thank the gods of the Mulan that they show me a place with this much potential.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I stay in the forest north of the big city when not working with wood or going to help people with their own things. I went into the city these last three days. Much happened and some very big surprises. At first worked with many adventurers to help them in their goals. Zeek several times, also another fire wizard. This one was dwarven and though he likes fire is more careless than Zeek. He did not care if others were in his way when he threw his fire or what he burned. I follow very far behind him, so I do not get burned when we clear giant ants out of their nest.

I question Zeek on this for several hours about how his magic work. Mother always used a formula she spoke and things she used to make her magic. Zeek do not do this. I wonder how he keep control of his fire. Mother I think would trim formula by the way she speak or how much of ingredients she use had fine control except when she do the life and death magic. I think she call it positive and negative. When she do her pulse the energy would come out from her body in a great pulse of magic centered on her. all living things would either turn to ash or blow up I think depends on which she used life or death energy.

Zeek tell me he has perfect control, but the dwarf does not care to control his magic. Zeek explained it to me, but I got lost in explanation. Like when mother try to teach me how triangles make circles. I am satisfied, I think. Zeek I never see him burn anyone he like with his fire. Nor do woods catch on fire or a home nearby. I think he have control.

Early when with Zeek helping him I find a special bow. It is called Tilverton. It is strong and has a bit of spark in it. I like it a lot. Until can make a better bow will use this one. Later I make my first mahogany bow. Was very lucky to accomplish this and am very proud. Am not proud that had to sell to merchant for only 15 gold. I go back to store later and he selling it for over 1,000 gold. Merchant he robe me.

In fact all these merchants in city and surrounding only buy for 15 gold. I ask myself what would mother do? I think about this a very long time and decide I know what to do. I will flood market with my bows. I will make so many merchants can no longer sell them for such price. It will take work but am very mad how these bad merchants cheat the people. Is almost not worth to make these things. Still I count what can make. With arrows I do not make anything. I lose coin, but with bows I can make 8 coin per bow. I do this.

I meet this Hemt again who is priestess of the dead. Not Osiris but another god of the dead. I try to shy away from her and hide behind Zeek but she talk and talk to me. I respect all gods but my gods are different. I try be respectful. The woman mage who know my culture Serwyn I think is name happened by. So I tell hemt that she know my culture and to speak to her about my gods. I told her I am not smart and she better spokeswoman than me. It did not end her trying to speak to me but somehow she seem satisfied. Is good. Will not have to deal with her questions anymore I think. I still shy away from her. she may turn me into a mummy if she catches me unawares. Slaves will never trust those that deal with the dead and being former slave, I do not trust their words. They lure people with sweet words then all the sudden you trapped in your own dead body wrapped tight in linens.

The oddest and most unnerving thing was last thing I did before going back to woods. Serwyn had important mission. Something about something she was researching and old place……..a very old place Tel…….something. It is deep within the Hullack forest.

I decide to go with her along with the lizard girl Astra. I find out she can snort smoke out of her nose during this trip. Is very odd. Also the dead hemt come with us Her name Ethal or something like this. And horned girl come after finding us in Hullack her name is Rienhilde I think. I do not know these people well so forget names.

First while in forest the horned huntress she still a bear but then she lead it somewhere else. I can still bears too but cannot lead them. Once we get to a safe place to rest I ask her for help on this. She talk to me. She say to control an animal you cannot still all animals at once. You must concentrate on this one animal then you can ask it to follow you. I have not tried this yet but will practice and see if works for me. I tried taming bear once and as soon as I try it attack me. It ravaged me good too. I almost did not make it to Hillmarch. I learn a lesson to be more careful. When I come out I had to call a shock lizard to defeat it. It was waiting for me outside the gate when I worked with my wood. So I will try to follow her directions and see if I can take next step.

So we rest as we talk then we go to a great fort in the swamp. There were many snake people there. we fought them. I had a hard time to climb up and down the fort. Still we survived and Serwyn she take a bunch of things out of the box and change into them.

Going back home we find more bad elves. Zeek he fall and Astra pick him up. But body suddenly disappear. Astra say that his gods saved him. I never see a body disappear in thin air. I think this must be true even when I have not seen him yet to make sure he is alive.

So Astra and Serwyn convince me to find something in the deep forest. We come upon crystals in air and ground. There is a floating green crystal here that look something like the crystals that warmed the water in Conch and Hadrian. But it was green. I would never know purpose unless someone tell me what is so I leave it alone. We then find a ruins.

Here is where things get strange. I start to see things I almost recognize. Words, markings and things. Though I could not read them they seem familiar to me. These ruins were underground and crumbling badly.

We come to a place where there is a poem on the ground about a queen. While I read poem Astra starts to speak Netherese. I could never learn the language or understand it while I was there. Mother say that my head could not be filled with another. Something about the smarter you are the more languages you can speak and I could not speak anymore. I speak my homeland tongue Mulhorandi, the common trade tongue and I can speak to animals though animal is simple language like me. Has clicks and whistles and body movements.

Still though I do not speak it, I recognize it. I try to cover myself by asking Serwyn about it. She did not fall for it. I think she know I was in Netheril. This makes the hair on back of my neck stand up. Mother always tell me I should make small steps in sand after I leave not big ones. She say remember our motto. ‘We who are of no import to the greater scheme.’ But I have to question this too. She say this. She believe this but no matter how hard she try she always leave big prints in sand. I guess some people like that.

As we go on memories of past keep floating to my head. How I deliver letters for her in Hadrian and Conch, Ascore, and Harborage. I remember all the floating cities in the air and the great blue crystals along the sea. It start to get creepy. By this time I almost want to leave and take a portal before Serwyn and Astra do.

When I do I find a much different place. I am in a great open hall of stone in the trees of the forest. The stone path widens to a hall and the first thing I see is the seal of Horus. I stop very confused. The people of this land this old place knew the god Horus most like worshipped him. Serwyn tell me he is Horus-Re now but how can two gods become one. I do not understand.

I give reverence to the seal and leave a pelt there for the god. It would be disrespectful not to do this in front of one of your gods seals. I walk down the hall to see a floating being. I think may have been an angel. I shy away at first until Astra and Serwyn come. Astra boldly speaks to it then leaves. I then step up and talk to it.

The angel said it needed my help to protect this sacred place and that if I say yes then the whole of the group must join me. I look back at the seal of Horus then to the other two women. They say no do not do this your soul will be forever attached to this angel and this place. I am not sure what to do. One of my own god’s seal marks this hall. There is an angel here that asks for my help. I look back at the seal again and to the women.

I decide it is not my place to decide for others what they should do. I decide that I must listen to companions on this for they must make their own choices on what weighs on their soul. I tell angel I cannot at this time. I hope this does not add weight to my own soul but I think is the right choice.

We leave. Astra leaves so fast was almost like a blur. So now it is just me and Serwyn. She questions me on some things. Then I know she knows I am not from here at all at least not this when here. It was that smile she did when she put things together in her head. I think she keep my secret. I hope she do. I can only make small footsteps. I find this harder and harder but am determined to do this.

And if ever see mother I must leave before she see me. If I change her life in any way she may not save me when she meet me in Sullivan slave pens. I have feeling that I would die there and never be a free woman.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I go to town for a few days to see people. I like nature would rather be there now than in town but know somehow always being alone is not so good. I have my secret home in the desert now and a use the woods near Hillmarch. I switch between these as needed for health of mind. But this writing is not about these things it is about when I go to city.

The first person I meet is a man in shining armor. I do not know his name, but he uses shield and mace. He is a gruff man who never tells me his name. He want me to help him with looking for some relic. We go with another woman (I forget which woman now as loose track of time) but I know I know this one.

We go west to haunted cave where I have been before and see the children of Osiris. We go in. I explain to this gruff man that I will help him kill undead but not the mummies. For mummies are sacred to our people.

I also know many slaves, friends turned into mummies by the house of life and priests of Osiris. They are guardians, custodians, and protectors of the dead and their treasures.

The gruff man did not like this, what I say to him, and tell me to leave even though I say will help with other undead. I say ok and leave.

I know this man now is blind and will not listen to others. I will be wary of this man from now on. He only listens to his own words and cares not for others. He is a bad man. Will also be wary of anyone with his symbol. which look like a sunrise or sunset. Most likely an evil god or lord.

I go back to Hillmarch and make bows. After this I follow the fire dwarf into some Netheresse ruins. I know this because I have seen this the way the walls are painted and statues. I think was maybe one of the floating cities. Why it fall? I know not. I know mother say that in her time all floating cities had fallen. this must be true. I have proof now. I could recognize writings but again could not read. My head is not made for this. I am for the simple things in life.

We leave soon after. The dwarf he disappear and I get bad feeling of this. So I an another leave this place. I remember though a bed with high corners covered with canopy. The cloth black and looked like someone been sleeping on it.

When we come back, I go to Hillmarch again and make more things of wood. I am getting better at this. I no longer have to concentrate to make arrows and turn timbers into staves and planks.

After this, I wander some to know my new home. at this time the death priestess. The one who worships this places god of death need help. I try ignore her summon and head to Hillmarch but the group meet there. I hide and try to just listen but Zeek show up. He is what I would now call friend and since he go I need to go to make sure he safe. I show myself.

Is good thing because woman who is part goat, Reinhilde show up. She seem to like to teach me like elven man who taught me to hunt. very gently and by showing. I like this. I must practice much to get what others get right away sometimes. So, now I am glad to be with group.

Dwarven fire mage also show up. He nearly killed me later. but will get to this. We go north past the desert to a dead city. Reinhilde she and I try to calm animals and lead them away from group but group was too many and many want to fight the animals when not necessary. We encounter tigers.

Maybe if I ask Reinhilde to teach me to tame a companion I can tame a tiger and have a friend when at one of my two homes. I am not sure. Have not asked her yet.

We try to calm the tigers but the others did not understand and attacked them. The tigers died. I think this was a waste. We go to the town and fight a few undead not many. The death priestess focused on a well in the dead town and try to bless it. I sit down and wait but Zeek ask me to guard so I do.

After all was done we start to go back. We encounter goblins and we start to fight. This is when dwarven fire mage cast a spell and catches many of us in it hurting us very badly with fire.

After battle we question him. He say we should not be within his range when he cast a spell. He mean he did not care that we just collateral damage. this when I make a decision.

Very much later I go down to Immersea and pick up bags of spikes. Nest time I group with this fire mage. I warn others not to be around him. then when he casts spell I will throw the bags of spikes at him. if he say something I will tell him he was in the way of my spike bags...........I wonder if I can get something that spreads cold. He will not like that at all and would be more effective to message I want to convey. I got back next time in town to see if they have this.

I also calm a bear and the same dwarf attack him. I yell at him that I had control. Reinhilde then shout to me that he does not care. That when I fully understand. I thank her for her understanding of this and to make me see I must take steps to make sure this dwarf, he do not get away with this again.

When we get done the death priestess she want to pay everyone. when she come to me I step back. She say I cannot pay you if you run away from me. I say is ok I was just guild. I hope she gives it to church. This would be respectful.

Someone question me on why I do this. I tell them that I knew many friends dragged into temple by priests of Osiris and others and turned into mummies. I will always respect priests and priestesses but trust them is another thing. I will never trust a priestess of death. One moment you let guard down and they have wire pulling your brains out through your nose.

Last really important thing is Zeek want me to make him a mahogany crossbow. It take me a few tries but I make one for him. I also make 60 piercing bolts and 60 bludgeoning bolts.

Before I go back home he help me make price. He pay me 2000 for crossbow and 100 for each set of bolt. He also give me 500 for doing in few days bonus. So now I have price list. I am not good with values like mother was. Help in this is appreciated. I now will sell mahogany bows and crossbows for 2,000 and arrows or bolts for a little less than a coin an a half per item.

I am not ready for fancy longbows with tension pulleys yet but these tension pulleys they cost very much. When I am able to I will ask Zeek about pricing these for two which are needed cost almost 1,000 coin.

I am tired of writing so I will end entry. I hope mother is proud. I put my fist to my chest to salute her with my eyes up as she wanted. Hoping wherever her soul is she sees it and is proud.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Arelush walks down to Immersea. As always she covers up her tattoo when she goes to the port city. She walks along the shoreline along portside as ships move cargo back and forth from ship to warehouse or warehouse to ship.

As she walks she comes upon Umberlee’s shrine. She throws a few coins in the pool saying, “I know this goddess. She is goddess of storms. Sailors tribute so she stays away. It is a bribe. If ship does not tribute they find bad storm in their path.”

She prays to the shrine, “please stay away from these ships they most likely good people just wanting to feed their family.” After that she moves on walking past the ships to the wear they work on a new ship being built. This one is much bigger. She measures the length and beam with her thumb. “It looks like they trying to copy Moonflower II. Captain once told me many try but none got cargo weight and speed correct.

Arelush passes the ship and walks along the shoreline. She finds a spot on the other side of town near the water and under a shade tree to sit. She does that watching the water lap over the rocks. She stares out into the bay thinking, remembering, meditating.

It doesn’t take but an hour before an older woman shows up. She wears the blue robes of the moon goddess. Arelush looks up at her as the woman introduces herself, “Hello there you look troubled. May I sit miss…….”

“Am Arelush, is just Arelush was former slave.”

“I’m a priestess of Selune. There’s a shrine up there on the hill if you would like to seek council or pray. That’s where I live.”

“Yes. See the robes. Know the goddess. She is a goddess of sailors.”

“Aye, that she is. So what troubles you, miss Arelush.”

“This place. This Arabel. It is good place. I get good start here. I make my wood things, bring meat to market from hunting. I help others sometimes kill bad things in the forest or desert. But I think have to leave.”

“Why leave if you like it so much.”

“More and more I feel is much danger for me here, priestess. You see is chance I could change my future if stay near this sea.”

“Why would that be?”

Arelush pulls down the covering from her tattoo without comment.

The priestess studies it a moment, “Lauriella finally built her ship. I don’t see that’s a bad thing, but why are you not on it?”

“Captain I know is long dead. Captain I do not know still alive. Sails this sea if she see me it may change my future or hers. I do not know much of higher things. Am not smart but she say this to me before we part that I should stay small when come here so not change things.”

The priestess waits for Arelush to continue confused by her words.

“I see you do not understand. I do not think I understand either. But try tell you story of moonflower ship. 200 years from now maybe 250 Captain much older but still sails these waters. She get chased by pirates. She goes into mist. This mist near uncharted island it take her back in time 3, 3 ½ thousand years to place in Netheril.

There she studies hard becomes Spellweaver and what we call Hem Netjer, I think you call this archmage. Captain she studies time and complete much work from another called chronemancer a spellweaver that die few centuries before.

This is the time she find me. She need cabin girl to help her. I was slave sent to Netheril because my use was done at home. Half-orc buys me for 16 silver coins. He take me to this Netheril and put me in a cage for sale. I was there a long time. I start to think this green man he take me out and kill me to save profit. This often happens when slave not sell for long time.

Captain comes to him. She see I am Mulan and buys me. She free me same day and she say she want hire me as cabin girl. I thought since she is house of life and mage that speak with dead she make me guardian. A mummy. I have to think a long time before say yes but do.

She do not make me mummy she teach me numbers, letters, basics. I clean ship for sailors and her rooms. Was like this several months, until she fall. One night on what you call reflection. Is reflection to your moon goddess yes?”

The priestess nods, “That’s right its called Sailor’s reflection. At each new moon worshippers gather quietly and tell tales, reflect upon their lives and learn from each other. A subdued ceremony but very healthy for the soul.”

“Yes, Captain she start to speak but fall down. Her eyes turn white, She shake almost bite her own tongue out. Lieutenant he takes ship to Ascore and looks for help. Elves come, dwarves come they ummm look captain over, use magic on her. They find out she have accident when young and there pieces of bone in head that move when she stress. These pieces of bone they kill bits of brain year by year and was so long ago this accident that body thinks they part of it or something. There is no way to heal her. They say if she stop adventuring she may live maybe 50 or 100 years but no more.”

Captain she park ship in lonely place far to north on narrow sea. There she, elves, dwarves study time. It take 8 years. She make a machine and great spell. A spell that cannot be used after sky cities fall to earth. She send crew home on summer solstice but miss target. We come 200 years to early or something. At least that what Cyr said after looking at stars and looking around.

When left captain in past she fall down maybe once every two weeks. We know she not have very much longer. I hope she die well and peaceful.

When come here we come to great cold desert. Anuach or something Cyr say. There many giants, hobgoblins it very cold. All die trying return south to warmer place except Cyr and me. We split when land become warmer. Me west, Cyr east.

So that is tale and what happen. I am not from this place and because captain she here and alive. will be there to rescue me. I cannot disturb her. She would find out what happen and may avoid. I do not want this to happen. Then she will not save me because will not go to past.”

“So if her ship comes here…….”

“Is very bad if I am here.”

“I can understand this. Self-preservation but what will you do now?”

“I think cannot be by this sea. Will go west. I know now can live well with things I make from wood and hunting: bringing furs and meat to market. I find another place. One where captain never be or crew. Start again. Part of being huntress is moving, seeing world. I will do ok.”

The priestess smiles, “Well, it is a fantastic story. I’m not sure I believe all of it. I will write it down for church records. She and her crew are, were followers of the goddess.”

“Please do not. More that know more can change.”

The priestess winks at her. “I will lock the story away for 300 years not to be opened until then. My promise to you as a follower of Selune.”

“Thank you, I guess. I stay here and think tonight. Thinking is hard for me. Maybe not think just remember the good things then travel west into unknown. What Selune blessing. The night guide you?”
“That’s a Sehanine blessing but close enough. The night guide you Arelush and fair winds to you.”

“Fair winds priestess.”

The woman leaves to the west. Most likely to that shrine Arelush has never seen. As for Arelush she spends the night in reflection. Upon the dawn she finally gets up and starts her long trek to the west and the lands of the sword coast.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Arelush sits on a crate at the docks of Southport looking over the water at the ships coming and going into their designated slips. It takes her a long time to decide what she is about to write about her new home. She muses at some of the schooners coming it. She does not know if the Moonflower II is finished or trolling the sea of fallen stars now. She does know she is safely away from the Captain thus she will not change time by what she does. She looks out on the water one last time before putting quill to paper writing slowly in Hieroglyphics.

In Arabel I hear of a great port to the west called Waterdeep. I can take a ship west from there far away from the captain: The one I call mother. I do this. I take a ship going to an island near the strange new continent. I do not know if it is close to the island captain grow up at: An island called Evermeet.

Coming here many men see my tattoo on left arm. It is an anchor with some leaves around it and above the name Moonflower II. Few of them give me much respect and captain of this ship ask if I can help with riggings. I tell him truth that I was only cabin girl. Am familiar with riggings but never work them. He ask I give it a try. I do. I work lightly with crew while learning riggings and cranks. Captain he also give me rebate on my passage coin when we slip into harbor of Southport on island of Amia.

I now be on Amia a month or so. Have met many people. Some helpful but many ignore me. Is ok, Captain always want me take small steps. Have a good life, be no import to the greater scheme and take small steps in the sand this way is better chance of a good life.

First person I meet is Ashe the wizardress. She give me first job once she know I am a hunter. It take me a few weeks but fill two bags with certain kind of wood I find nearby. There are not many trees and they are hard to find but I complete job. She give me 38,000 in coin for it and some arrows and things. I think things were given out of charity and coin is for job. I was very grateful for her generosity to me. Will work for her anytime.

Ashe she give me second job to fill two bags with coconuts. I scratch head telling her there are many coconuts in Mulhorand but here is not good place to grow them. She tell me there are boats to islands to the south and I should try there. I first try a small tropical island I find some coconut trees but must wait a long time to harvest them I did not want to wait 3 or 4 years to fill two bags, so I try another place called Blue Lagoon.

I go there to find a pirate island. I must tread very lightly here and make sure tattoo is always covered but this Island have many resources. I quickly fill bags with coconuts and harvest everything from potatoes to small emeralds, mussels, wood, and game. I make my own traps and harvest much game from island that is common here but rare in Southport. I make much from that.

I now have coconuts and will await until we see one another again. I will write more tomorrow of this new land. I tire and need rest.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Arelush wakes up in her camp in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. Even though it is early spring the air seems warm tonight. She goes outside with a long thin stick and places the ends in the hot coals of her cooking fire now just smoldering. The stick lights up. She then lights two oil lamps and sits by them for awhile thinking of the dream. In time she brings out quill and journal.

Coin is easily come by here but also easily spent. I must be careful what I buy so I do not overspend and break myself from want of goods. I try to be careful. This brings me to second person I meet that work with me in one way or another. This person I call Xyn is a woman. A black elf with white hair. I find out there a few of these elves here. I thing at first this woman a priestess but was wrong. Another laugh when I say this and tell me Xyn is a witch. It surprise me because Xyn always talk about her winter goddess Aruil who ever goddess may be.

Xyn to me is someone I can come to and ask questions about the land. And is also merchant. I buy bags from her that make things weigh almost nothing and as do can ask her questions about surrounding land. She answer me with truth, so I know is trustworthy. I would not call this one friend but someone I trust enough to help me if in need. She is sometimes very distant and cold.

There is also Alex. Alex is another hunter I sometimes travel with. We often seek one another out. Alex is half-orc like my last master who mother freed me from. Alex is not like him. Alex is god man and someone I look up too. We have walked many miles together now and had a few adventures including walking to villages, so we know the land better.

There are a few others I note. One is elf like mother of darker but not black skin, browner, a sun elf. This sun elf special, I think. He is smart but I think he have delusions. He can turn himself into a dragon and thinks is a dragon. I not so sure about this. I think he want to be dragon so makes up world so that he is when isn’t. I told him I would keep this secret so I will not put his name here.

I think I play along with this delusion. It is said that delusions are functional. A mother’s thoughts about her baby; How strong, smart, or pretty they will be keep her from killing them at birth. It sometimes wrong to say to someone who think wrongly they are wrong when they believe it truth. Causes much discontent so I will play along with this.

There is also a group of mercenaries that come to town on regular basis. They include a priestess I would like to speak to for council. Another black elf woman but these mercenaries are exclusive and seem to be secretive. They ignore all others. I do not know why. I have strange dreams of late. Strange dreams where I learn new powers. I know this priestess T’ssvery or something may be able to help but I have troubles approaching this one. This group is very intimidating. I start to question value of coming to her. They seem only interested in themselves and leave quickly after the do what mean to do. Maybe is best I leave these ones alone.

This takes me to new dreams. In dreams a man comes to me. He is a black elf like Xyn. He tell me that he want to be my friend and teach me of thinks I should know. I ask why. He said that because I wear mother’s bracelet I am of mother and mother is family to him. He tells me mother rejected him but since she make me family he still want to be friend and teacher to me perhaps one day I find him and know I should be with him.

Something about this elf is wrong. I know deep down somehow, he is wrong. This elf very pleasant in dreams and ummm persuasive. He never tell me I am dumb and say he only want to help me but I know from many former masters sometimes help come with grave price. I let him teach me a little but hold back because something is wrong with this elf.

He is young black elf with white hair. He always wear grey and his face always covered with either hood or mask. Different masks he has many some smile or frown like masks at theater, others small masks that cover eye area. He is thin and wiry like most elves.

He teaches me to have 6th sense of danger like alarm even though I cannot see what danger and can avoid. He teaches me to see like elf too. I almost think I becoming an elf because of this. Darkness it do not effect sight anymore. He also teach me to walk so softly that I hardly even disturb grass under my feet. I can walk softer than an elf now and spot or hear those that hide themselves more quickly. I can also teleport short distances by envisioning grey land that is under real land. I cannot explain this other than there is another world around us cast in grey but is smaller somehow than world we see. I see this grey land and step. Is like I teleport many yards in real world with few steps in grey world.

I can also cloak myself in shadow to help defend myself making shield like bark skin. The strange also teach me to call one of his creatures like I call my animal companion skyqueen. I do this only once and recoil from what come. It is a creature of the dead I think. Someone who died and become like shadow. I decide I never call this one again. I do not like this creature. I know I am not as good person like mother was but I am not bad person. She vow to never work with undead. I think this is good thing so I will not call this creature again.

Elf he seem disappointed when I tell him this but he still teach me. I do not understand but know eventually he will want something from me. Maybe price is too high but how can I stop him from coming? I do not know. I must find priest or priestess of either Anhur or of moon goddess. These two gods I trust.

That is all for now. I tell about adventures and few other people I have walked with when next write. I wanted to write about these things now because these on my mind this elf and exclusive group of adventurers. I go back to sleep now maybe elf will not come back tonight.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Arelush comes back into camp with 5 large animal hides. The first thing she does and put them one on top of another except for one. She takes that one ties the end to a tabletop held steady by ropes; the top tied to a tree the bottom ropes tied to stakes in the ground. She quickly takes a large draw knife from another table beside it and gently, carefully fleshes the pelt on the skin side.

As she cuts the flesh and fat off the skin it begins to turn white. Once every scrap is off the skin and it takes on an amazing white color, she hangs it in the tree to dry. Quickly she takes the next one up and repeats the process until all the pelts are fleshed out and clean. She then rests for three hours until the pelts are dried.

While she relaxes and eats, she thinks about all that she has seen and experienced the last few days. The university in a place called the shadow realm, The duke that worships Hoar an enemy of her own patron god, and the many new people she has met.

Before she goes back to the pelts, she takes the animals’ heads that she had killed and saws the top of their skulls off. Once that is done, she pours about a gallon and a ½ of water in a small cauldron. Extracting the brains she places them in the water and mashes them with her hands until they are all dissolved and the soup has a consistency of the lotion noblewomen put on their hands to keep them supple. She lights a fire and places the pot over it to boil.

Now that the pelts are dry, she takes sand and sifts it through open cloth until the grains are the size she needs. She puts on gloves. Throwing the new fine sand on the pelts she sands the pelts with her hands so that the brain solution will hold upon the skin while she smokes them. With that done she checks the pot then goes to a new area about camp.

In this area she has angled wooden frames that come up to her torso in front and down to her knees in the back. The shoveled leavings of her fires are at the bottom in the ground below. She starts a fire in five of these charcoal pits. With twigs and dried branches. She then leaves and checks the brain soup again.

She waits there for it to boil. Once it starts, she slowly counts to 20 nine times. Once she has done that, she takes the pot off the fire bringing it to the table where she has her fleshing tools. She waits for the soup to cool. Once it is cool to the touch, she lays out the first pelt on the table, dips her fingers in the soup and works it into the skin of the pelt. When it is completely covered by the solution she made, she rolls it up in a damp towel. She then repeats the process with the other 4 pelts with just enough soup to cover each one. She takes the rolled damp pelts and takes them to a table by the framework with the fires underneath. She sits and waits for the fires to burn themselves down to coals.

Once there are only coals left, she adds moss, and pungent rotting wood to the embers. As quickly as she can she stretches the pelts on the frameworks. She goes from one to the next to the next as the smoke and the brain solution make a ‘tar’ that will protect the pelt from water and rot but not make it waterproof.

Once the first pelt has been smoked for 30 minutes or so she flips it fur side down and begins to stretch it. Wasting no time, she repeats the process with the other 4 pelts stretching them repeatedly for about 30 minutes. When that is done, she takes them all off the racks. She then folds each pelt into a neat roll to take to market. Exhausted, she sits down and opens her journal.

I go out to see the world, then come back to camp for a 10 day then back into world for few more days. Many things happen since last write in journal. Now I am at camp for two 10 days. So, I write about what happened to me in world.

Most impressive is someone show me the university in the grey land for people that can do these new things I can do. They call it dancing with shadows. Ashen say it a very elite group. I ask her is group full of good or bad people. She say both just like real world. This calmed me because was never sure about grey land. She also say is dangerous place but If I stay to this shadow town should be ok.

So, I leave her and go in this university. The girl at desk after getting my name give me book to study and say I am student. She said there tests and first is to talk to a professor. I study book for many days and come back. I answer his first question right but not second. He tell me to come back after studying book some more. I do this.

I come back few days later. Again, I answer first question and get second wrong. This frustrates me. I am not meant for learning like this, I think. Still, I think of mother’s words about not giving up. I go back to real world and study harder.

I come back. This time I answer all questions correctly and profess give me badge. Am now lesser dancer with university. Would never believe that I would ever be in university let alone pass test to become part of it. If mother was alive, I think she would be proud of me. Maybe she watch me from her moon gate she always talk about and smile.

I also meet a woman there. I think one who graduated before. I do not remember her name but is an elf. We talk all through the night. She say I am somehow very impressive. I do not think this. I do not go to impress others. I just walk my path. If one wants to speak to me about something I try listen, understand and tell what I think of things we speak of. I tell her I am not smart, and she say there are other things that are important that she sees in me. I do not know what but smiled and nodded.

This last outing I found no one to walk with me to explore. So I did much trapping and collecting at blue lagoon. I make more than ten years pay in but few days. I come back many times because I found no one that needed help with their quests. So, I do job and thin the creatures that need to be thinned, collect coconuts, tree limbs, raw emeralds and sapphires.

I also find new quest I do alone. I fight mounds of slime with many mouths and gibberlings. I go deep into their nest to find mad wizard that controls them all. I kill his spirit and man who sent me was very happy I killed him. He give me gift. It take me two tries to do this but get it done alone with my shadow and pixie summons. I forget to mention that university book say creature I can call from shadow is not undead. It is not good or evil. It is something else that uses my shadow as gateway. Is very hard to explain but they assure me I do no wrong by calling it forth.

I meet holy knight by name of Xyrxrys or something. I also meet shapechanger by name of Mizette. I think she a nature priestess at first because can become a cat or fox. She say no. She say her connection with nature and her gifts is different is more like me as ranger with nature connection not as deep as priestess of earth.

I finally meet someone that worship a god I know. Is a nobleman, A duke. When I first meet him I shy away. The symbol on his chest was of Hoar an Uther god of war. Hoar and my god are enemies so I shy away and do not speak. I see what he say first.

When he start to speak to me. He know I am of Anhur. Must be way I acted. He assure me he do not want to fight. We talk and agree that even though gods fight we mortals do not have too. Shows he is honorable and more important respectful to all gods even ones he may call enemy. I breath sigh of relief.

There was also an annoying pixie and a pair of hin about to be married around at the time. The pixie was quite annoying, but I bested him in game of thought. He did not like me at first because I eat crocodiles and he has pet crocodile. But I think how to make him change his mind and I do this. Now he like me. He may change mind later these little fey always change mind one day to the next. I cannot keep up with such silliness.

This all I have to say for now. I did explore more towns and cities. One town of really bad pirates called Demon something. Is not like the pirates of blue moon who are tolerant. I also explore a holy city I think forget the name something like Carrissess. There is ranger station there, but door was locked and woman outside just give me lip service. I leave.

I will write more after exploring more of the land until then have job to do. Next thing is to get bow bench to make bows. Will save for that.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I have been here a few months now in this land called Amia. It is much more quiet than the mainland and other places I have travelled. I like this place. I do my Job, the one I am trained for: Watching over wilderness areas, count animals, hunting when need to so that the chain of life stays in balance.

Many do not know that we are all part of this chain. We have our place in hunting and herding. We eat both meat and grains. It is our place and when we die it is the insects that take over turning us back to dirt. Maybe we are renewed in life, a tree, an insect, a great beast or again a person. I do not know. I have heard this said a time or two. Would like to think this happens but am not that smart in the ways of the chain. I just know within my soul that this is the way life is. So, I do my part as huntress and caretaker of wild places.

I sell meat, skins, fish, and other things at market. It helps the cities with their food supplies. Many here do not respect the chain. I know this. Some wish for people not to hunt. If people would stop hunting the beasts would overrun in a few generations. This would not be good.

I have also learned more of these lands. In time I will be able to guide others through the forests, tundra and desert of these lands. I like this idea.

I passed second test at university. It was not hard. Maybe is I just start to understand more how to use twilight. I know I do understand more both how to take advantage of this new talent and how dangerous it can be.

While at this college I walk around city of shadow. I find a statue that look something like the grey man of my dreams. Only he is different because statue is of a human, not an elf. It was in a temple. the only temple I find in the city. It is called the temple of Mask. I think I know who is this man of my dreams. The one that friend Ashe say likes to mislead others. I do not know what this man is like. I think I leave him be. He seem a dangerous thing.

Mask. I think on his name much after I see this statue. Here is what conclude: Everyone wears a mask. Most do this to protect themselves; Some, like mother, it is part of their nature. Still some, they wear masks to fool others. these last: They are not good people, I think.

I go to town 4 days. Mostly to Blue lagoon to make coin. I make much the first two days. More than it take to build mothers schooner. Could maybe even buy two schooners with money I make. I almost spend it all with Ashe and others. I buy many things to improve my equipment. I have new bow, desert armor, new helm and new cloak. these all cost much more than I would make before. I will have to work harder to build back what lost in coin. Still with better things can go more places, see more things.

I also solve two mysteries. First was getting a metal heart from a machine golem. I get help from a brother of twilight. We do well till the end. I see giant golem and it put such fear in my heart I ran away. a smaller golem chase me. I could do nothing but weep in corner while golem pounded me. I black out but partner kill them all. He wake me up after and give me heart to give to crazy gnome.

gnome he make me a machine for myself. It look like floating dwarf in steel armor. It have two hammers that fight good against machines. Hammers vibrate and sing song when hit something hard. is good reward. The other I went with one of the small folk, A hin by name of Bogus. We go to place with floating skulls. I do much better there. Both of us used range to advantage supporting one another. Sometimes I go to swords.

There were mummies here. I did not want to hurt the guardians of the tomb but Bogus he was touched by one even though I warned him to stay away. It cursed him. We find cure and move on. That is when I decided to fight the mummies. I did to help protect my partner. I know it is stain on my soul but a necessary one. I cannot let a partner die in lonely tomb. This would not be right. If I find a temple of Osiris I will tell priest of what I did. Perhaps he will absolve me. I hope so. I have not much treasure if die at moment and I feel that my soul has put on weight from killing these guardians.

At end of venture Bogus, he give me ring that helps with merchants. I look at it carefully. It is a ring dedicated to the god Hathor. He is a god of my people. I ask him if I can keep it. He say yes, so I do. Am very happy he do this and tell him if he need me I will return favor.

I go to camp for 10 days to tan and be with nature. Maybe one day will be able to afford better. Until then will camp in forest of Amia. this is all I have to write today. I hope fair winds will stay with me and with these lands.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I stay out in the field for a full month plying trade and refreshing myself by steeping in forest and nature. It gave me new energy. I have come back now to see what happens in cities. I bring pelts and many other things to trade making good profits. I do not need much but have upgraded supplies many times. I make much coin but also spend much too.

At first time there I spent on game hunting. One time I meet very big man. This one is a warrior. He say to another let us go murder something. It struck me like some masters I was under were. I took dislike to this one and say something like what one says is what one is like to do. We have short words and he leave to go murder his victims. I think may have taken this wrongly and am somewhat sorry but, in some ways, not. Maybe he learn to use better words next time. I know I am least to talk about words. I do not speak or write well but try to bring thoughts to words and writes in good ways not bad.

I meet Rosary again in dale with her man and companions. one a tall man called Dorje. he part of organization i think is called monks group. he calls it gompa. Am not sure what meaning this is. I find out he is Darmarian. am not sure but think that across the sea from my home. He recognize mulan language and ask me to write letter for him. To write letter to church of Horus-Re through silver coin trade company. I do this but must word correctly so future of captain not change. She need go into the mist of pirate islands and back to my time to save me.

We go to big hin city and meet Rosary's aunts. there was big feast with much noble foods. I only eat sparingly. a friend from Thay he try make me eat more. I try but do not like taste and finally push plate away. This when Dorje he ask me about priest of Horus-Re. We go then and fight great beast. I almost die and had to raise one twice with scroll. a hin general that have wing and tail like dragon and small copper scales on body. was very bad fight but we prevail.

I meet Marisa again and we have long talk. I break silence about where..... when is from and she tell me of her misgivings of adventurers. We help each other with problems. Was good talk.

I meet with Rosary and friends again. we fight great purple worm and dragons of north. I pick up scale but get lost so ported back to wave tavern without group. I could not turn my scale in. will have to try when go back. but most important must send letter so I will write.

(This letter is written in the Hieroglyphics of the Mulan language.

To Silver Coin trade company,

Hello Zard and Christine Sithiir

I am former crew member of the Moonflower I will not say my name but I am one of no import to the greater scheme, (crew motto). I retire from crew with honor many year ago. I wish not to speak my name at this time. I hope captain is doing well. She always hard but fair at least until she wear her house of life robes. I hope she is happy when she dance at midnight when Selune show her full face.

I have business with church of Horus-Re. Christine as holy knight of church I hope take other letter to Hems of church. An important man in place I retire requests the services of Hem or hemt of Horus-Re. Maybe Holy knight be good too. I am not sure. His name is Master Droje Siachen. He wish to speak to Hem or Hemt. His leader is leader of Crouching Lemur Gompa (Name of person Dorje gave her) It would be good for church to send Hem here. I would pray even when god of heart is Anhur. Captain teach me to respect all gods. You know her ways as I and know what means.

If Hem, Hemt or holy knight of church come I will await arrival in main city of Island where most ships from other lands come in. It is called Southport. I show my ring proudly here the only Mulan I know that does. so they will know me.

Fair winds to you
Former crew member.

Letter to the church of Horus-Re Sealed with a plain wax seal

Dear Hems and Hemts of the church of Horus-Re

My Name is Arelush the huntress. I am former worker for the Silver coin trade company and crewmember of the Moonflower II. Company is owned by Sithiir family of elven One of which is Christine Sithiir, Holy knight of Horus-Re. Company is in Skuld harbor district. I have my ring and am free woman.

I humbly beseech that a Hem, Hemt or holy knight of Horus-re come to Amia. There is important man would like to meet with church. His name is Master Dorje Siachen of crouching Lemur. His leader is Gompa (Nam Droje gave her). I would also beseech if Hem or hemt come that I would like to pray with them. There seem no Mulan church here. I miss a proper person for my prayers and even though Anhur is closest to my heart I honor all Mulan gods that do not have darkness in their hearts.

If in wisdom you send someone here I will await arrival in Southport. If do not. I understand Amia is long travel from Skuld.

Fair winds to you
Arelush the huntress.
CTP team member