The Harvest Moon Consortium

A NeverWinterNights Guild and Player community

Found a floating ballista? Maybe your Shifter's a little shiftless? Post any the bugs you find inside.

Moderators: gildur, The_Folex, Lord Plubuss

To see or not to see....

Postby robert scherer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:07 pm

While playing the last few nights in Duerra, it seems that the scarecrows and ghouls were able to "see" Slippy whether hips'd or invisible. I checked their info, which made no mention of them having true seeing or see invisible.

Is this some glitch or do they just have really really high spot skills - even able to see invisible, apparently?
robert scherer

Re: To see or not to see....

Postby -Moton- » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:13 pm

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Listen
Can only hear invisible creatures within the max attack range.

Whatever that means.
-Have you signed your organ donor card yet?

Re: To see or not to see....

Postby robert scherer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:26 pm

After reading the description of listen skill, a successful check of listen by the creature against the character's move silently skill can render hidden or invisible characters 'visible' in a sense and therefore becomes a valid target.

... but I definitely don't agree with this. I would agree that the creature can hear you and be alerted to your presence, but to know exactly where a character is and attack it effectively? Not a good thing. If that's the case.... not good.

And... my move silently is 51. how high is their listen skill? i'm thinking it's bugged or something
robert scherer

Return to Where's my bug-spray??