the Long trip (Melocia intro)
Forum for posting in character stories about the people, characters and world of Seirra Na
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

the Long trip (Melocia intro)

Post by Winterhawk99 »

The Long Trip

The Dark figure stealthfully made his way through the halls of the Academy. In his hand; A small vial of White powder carefully tucked away within his palm. The Halls were silent this late at night. He slid in and out of the corridors careful not to touch the walls and watching for signs of magical traps. He knew there would most likely be none until he reached the room that he searched for.

He suddenly stops by a door and carefully reads the plaque.

Department of Alchemy
Professor Dart Mengal
Student assistant Melocia

The figure smiled and carefully searched the door. Now he became wary. Mages were quite tricky. Alchemist could make all kinds of salves and small viles to place within locks to protect themselves. He saw nothing and relaxed, looking at the vial. He choose arsenic because of its commonality. The magical community often used rare poisons on eachother a poison as common as arsenic was much more undetectable to someone looking for rarities.

Dart had been causeing quite the set of problems for Ren-o-star the merchant represenitive of the free city of greyhawk. A friend of a friend hired him to free Ren of this particular problem. The shadowed figure didnt care about that or any other problem that Ren-o-star had. He was an eliminator or problems. So long as he was paid well he cared not about it.

The figure picked the lock made to keep out students quite easily and opened the door.

The Room was quite large filled with desks, cabinets full of bottles, jars, beakers, and all manner of rare items. There were two very large cauldrons in the room. The Figure carefully inspected the room and deduced the professors desk in the front of the room.

As he made his way to the desk he stops. Something was eating at him. Something was wrong! he freezes less any motion sets off some kind of trap. Slowly turning his head around he inspects the room again, very slowly, looking for something he may have missed on his first inspection. He felt as if something watched him.

There! on the Assistants desk the perch with nothing on it! He felt the sting just as he deduced the perch. The figure fell smashing the vial on the inside lip of the cauldron The small dragon started to bite and claw on his ankle. The man kicked it off of him sending it flapping across the room. He fled out of the room and into the night disappearing in the shadows.

Melocia opened the labratory and walked over to the office a magic mouth appeared on the door and spoke. " Mel, I will be detained for early classes today due to a small experiment im conduction at home. Please be a dear and teach my morning classes again so I can complete my experiment." The woman sighed a moment and continued into the office grabbing up some notes.

The woman Was small with pointed ears and a light grey cast to her skin. Blonde trussels ran down to her shoulders and deep violet eyes stared out at the world with a knowing smile. She was a Grey elf usually rare and reclusive, Grey elves were the smallest in number on Oerth and also the smartest of elves. She was thin and frail looking but anyone watching her entertain parties on weekends knew that she could wield magic as easily as a pixie could fly. Magic was Melocia's very nature and she excelled in the academy among many of the fields taught.

Melocia came back into the labratory to the main desk to start her preperations for the first class. Looking over at Phase she saw he was sleeping quite comfortably on his perch.

Todays lesson was on Love potions. She thought a moment the base ingredients were already mixed and fermenting in the cauldron. a light frothy skin seemed to run along the surface of the pot showing a slight seperation of ingredients. She lit the fire and stirred the pot until it came to a light boil.

"Now what kind of person do i want to take hold of?" she said outloud. Phase wakeing up slithered off his perch and down to the floor. Mel looks to her companion,giggleling, " perhaps a lovely sprite to be entralled with a little dragon. Lets see now butterfly wings, a smiggen of snap dragons." she tosses some flowers into the pot. " and let me think.......how about a small jar of pure sunshine." giggleling she explains" that should be perfect. To bad its only for show little friend."

Phase tangle himself up in her feet and tries to trip her. Melocia surprised swings her arm down and scoops him up, " Phase what on the moons are you doing! It was simply a joke and you know the potion is only used as a teaching enhancement! The dragon chews on her shoulder and claws her a bit with its talons." Phase! stop that whats wrong with you today! have you been into the jars again!" Her eyes narrow a moment searching the shelves and holding phase tight against her breasts. Nothing seemed to be out of place. She sets him down on his perch and explains, "stay there! I have to get ready for the class." She walks back to the cauldron.

Stiring it up Melocia starts a simple spell. " now to add alittle visual effect ill trap a dancing lights withing the potions so when it activates....." Phase flys across the room and hits Melocia square in the chest.

She Tumbles knocking over the caulron onto herself as she hits the ground. The potion sizzles as it seeps into her body and her nerves. Theres an explosion and Melocia disappears!

Melocia wakes up confused. Shes laying on a stone slab with lights dancing above. She looked up at the lights, They seemed so pretty as they danced here and there. They were yellow set against the pink sky in the background.

She slowly gets up swaying looking around. Phase was flying in circles calling out in wild abandonment. What happened? She remembered starting a potion and slipped......or something. There was an explosion and.....nothing. She walked off the platform and looked around. The folage glowed slightly from a green aura. She smelled smokey meat cooking somewhere close. She looked again at the pink sky while a magical manifestation sprang up from the ground close to her.

" Strange! Phase are you seeing what im seeing? Phase tiering landed on her shoulder. Melocia dived into his mind takeing full possession of him." She was very surprised the world looked to phase like a bright light......she tried to switch visions and couldnt. it seemed he was lock into his starlight mode of seeing

She petted phase as she walked about feeling the residue on his scales. Unlike in the past she didnt think into the slimy substance she was enthralled too deeply into the situation. "Phase my friend......I dont think were anywhere near home anymore. in fact I dont even think were in oerth.

The pair step into the forests with its glowing plants and pink sky to explore this new land.

The investigator looked over to the Diviner coming out of his trance. "Well?" she said. The diviner looked at the cauldren. " Not her doing. It was an ingredient unknown to the mage. An assasin dropped the vial into the caulron when attacked by her familiar." The investigator looked at the caulron, "The assasin?" "Dead from the sting. If you want him questioned I may still be able to call his spirit?

The investigater considers it a moment, " No I dont think thats nessesary? what happened to the mage? and what did the potion do to her?" The diviner casts a spell on the remaining liquid on the floor and jumps away. " Its a powerful psychotropic acid much of it useless now except for the part thats still in the pot. It seems light can destroy its nature. As for the mage I cannot say. She seems to be totally obliterated by the accident. I cannot even find her spirit.

The investigators nods," Sad day to loose such a fine mage. I must write my report and send it to the council. Thank you Jules for helping me." The investigator walks off leaving the Diviner. The diviner looks far off and whispers, " There is something.....a hint of something far off?" He shakes himself out of the daze, shakes his head, and he too makes his way out of the labratory.

Written by winterhawk
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon