Merrity
Forum for posting in character stories about the people, characters and world of Seirra Na
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Merrity

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Merrity

Today I am become a paladin! *smiles, happy dances!*

Peradoc, the Cleric under which I have been studying these past three years, said the time was right, and that I should pray at the altar by myself until Arvoreen answered.

I was afraid it would take many hours, but it happened almost at once! Suddenly I felt very warm, and there was a light so bright that I could see it even through closed eye-lids! Then I heard a warm and kind voice in my head: "Merrity, I name thee Protector" it said. Then the light and warmth went away.

I ran to Peradoc and told him what Arvoreen had said and he was very surprised! "I thought you were going to be a cleric like me, but it sounds like Arvoreen has made you a paladin instead!" Then it was my turn to be surprised, because that's what I had thought, too.

Just then carpenter Gilly entered with his arm in a sling. He explained that he had broken it when he fell off a roof that he was repairing, and asked Peradoc if he could fix it. Peradoc said I should try, and told me to put my hands on Gilly's broken arm. When I did as he asked, I felt a kind of power well inside me and surge into Gilly's arm. It healed right away! "Yep! Arvoreen has made you a paladin, allright!" said Peradoc.

The rest of the day, Peradoc told me all the stories he knew about paladins. Most of them were about Mazzy Fentan, who lives in Amn. That isn't so far away from here, so maybe I'll meet her one day!

When I went home to finally get some sleep, I noticed that the villagers stopped what they were doing to look at me. I'm sure Gilly must have told them how I healed his arm, because there was a look in their eyes I haven't seen before. I think it was respect. I bet there'll be no more teasing about me being so clumsy anymore!

Tomorrow I'm going to Beregost to buy myself a bigger sword and maybe some real armor if I can afford it. Each time I have used the healing-power on someone they have paid me a little gold for it, even though I always tell them it isn't necesssary to pay me anything.

Peradoc says I should visit the temple to Lathander and say hello to the cleric there from him. He also gave me a list of supplies that he needs and some extra coins for buying armor for myself. I only hope he hasn't expended all his money for my sake!

I wonder why Arvoreen has sent me to this new world, but I'm sure he'll tell me when I'm ready for it.

I opened the door to the temple of Lathander in Beregost, and just as I stepped forward there was a flash of light and I found myself here instead of inside the temple. (Which by the way looks rather gaudy from the outside. Guilding the entire roof must have cost a fortune!)

I have met a couple of old dwarves and a human woman named Cele who has given me various jobs to do. I haven't met any other halflings yet, unless I count the half-halfling named Tralla. She was very nice and told me that there are other halflings in this world, but they live very far from here. I shall set out to find them once I feel I am prepared for the long

Story Written by Nereng
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon