Symrastar
Forum for posting in character stories about the people, characters and world of Seirra Na
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Symrastar

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Symrastar

Symrastar's Notes to Self

1) Returning to Toril.

This does not seem to be possible, but I have no wish to do so at the present anyhow. More important is to discover why I was sent here. It could well be Rillifane's will.

2) Find or create a shrine to Rillifane!

3) Investigate the presence of Malar in the vicinity of the Vale! The Malar panthers encountered just south of the ravine is a strong indication of a Malarite shrine nearby. Not sure I am strong enough to cleanse and destroy it on my own, so I should find other druids. Forming a circle would be good.

The recent outbreak of a Malarite cult among the gnolls means that this can not be postponed!

4) Monstrously Enlarged Animals

This is most likely not connected to the Malarite problem. Enlarged animals were encountered near the druid grove. Elpis, a cleric of Sune, looked in her scryingdevice and gave these clues while in trance:

a) "Green scales, red eyes." Probably a description of the culprit responsible.

b) "An ancient evil returns, The Curst walk again." This sounds like a reference to undead, though I may have misheard, and what she said was: "The cursed walk again."

c) "Seek the Rose's Weapon". I have never heard of someone called "The Rose". The only thing I can think of is that the weapons of ordinary roses are thorns.

Resolve: If ever I meet one of these enlarged animals again, I must calm it and dominate it so that I can enter its mind and read its memories. I must inform all other druids I meet about these events!

I met two other druids, and together we sought and found the Malarite shrine in the pine forest. There were dozens of Malar Panthers in the area, all of which we exterminated, but the shrine itself resisted our best efforts to destroy it. We then poured Holy Water on it hoping to achieve something, but whether this action had any effect remains to be seen.

Not far from the Malarite shrine is an elven temple that confuses me. I can weekly sense the presence of Corellon and the elven gods inside it, but on the outside the animals are as disturbed and hostile as they are elsewhere. I even encountered a Malar Panther a few meters from the main entrance. The Forest Maiden called Swan says the temple was built by a certain Caland. I am beginning to think that it has yet to be properly dedicated and that it has never been actively used by anyone. Perhaps if I start visiting it regularly myself...

Story written by Nereng
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon