People of Sierra Na
Forum for posting in character stories about the people, characters and world of Seirra Na
Mermut

People of Sierra Na

Post by Mermut »

Elpis

Elpis wakes up and gets up out of bed. She doesnt need to sleep but finds that sleeping relaxes her for the next day better than meditateing. She looks around her house and puts on a robe. In the house you see no mirrors, which is very strange for a priestess of Sune. She steps ouside walks down the path and goes to
the shallow lake near the house. She disrobes and goes in humming.

Its a beautiful spring day. as she washes she looks around at the trees in the area. They were all carefully planted by her years ago. Now they are strong and old some bear fruit for her year round. The sacred grounds of Sune must always be beautiful. Elpis would have it no other way.

After an hour in the water She slips out and goes to the fire. She sits and relaxes among the natural beauty.

A deer walks past her and looks at her. It instantly turns to stone. She becomes troubled walks over to the deer from behind. lifting her hand she concentrates on the ring that it bears. It sparkles a moment and the deer is revived.

" There you go young one. Dont look back again and go find a nice girl to play with". The deer wanders off none the wiser. She had forgotten this day to put her hood on.

She goes to the house and gets it tieing it so her face remains unseen. She gets a diary and comes back outside to the fire.

So long has she waited for people yet they dont come. Is it another of Sune's jokes or something else?

Elpis opens the diary and reads the entries shes most fond of the ones related to her and the priestess she studied under.

Diary entry I

A feast of spring like no other

Today was the Feast of spring, The most holy of days, and happiest of festivals. For me, High priestess of Rock Points chapter, it is also a sad day. As I communed with The Goddess many messages came to me. Messages of Doom for Greater Sierra Na. A Promise of a new beginning.

Sometime in the near future there will be a calamity of world wide proportions. Many will die. Many will simply disappear. A mystery and a star fall together will destroy much of the world we live in. Things will start anew.

I have been commanded to make a special ring and dagger this day, and to take on one of Sune's worst enemys. A creature so evil and vile that a single glance can turn you to stone. I am to pierce its heart with the dagger not to kill it but for something else

The first thing I made was the ring, for though it is complex in its make it is the one thing I can do without the help of all the brothers and sisters of the temple.
I first took The hairs from the mane of a pegasus, one of Sunes divine creatures, and braided them tightly into a ring. I then dipped the ring of hairs into a bowl of
quicksilver. As I took the hairs back out I spoke The holy writ of Sune. Enspelling the quicksilver to harden around the hairs. I then put the ring on the small alter
in my room and enspelled it again with Sunes holy words of longevity and supple spells to turn stone to living flesh.

As The goddess wispered to me, The ring should now forever hold the power to rejuvenate flesh from a stone prison.

Just as I finished the ring an acrolyte softly knocked on my door. It was Pysche; A beautiful blonde initiate whose beauty rivaled that of the of no other in the
realms. I went with her to the Main Temple chamber where the faithful reclined. I took my postion and told the tale of how Sune created the world though her vassel
Pelora, and how Sune raised Pelora up afterward to the stead of the the title The goddess now inherits.

Afterward I did something very different. Hidden within the alter there is one of Sierra na's greatest artifacts. A Greatsword that has never shead the blood of a mortal. I cast a great spell upon the Alter. All stood up mystified at what I was doing. As I completed the spell There was a shaking around the temple tremurs shook the very foundations to the point all thought the walls would fall in around them. Lightning struck the alter spliting it apart, The remnants crumbling to the ground. I reached down and pulled the sword out of the shattered remains. It has had many names thoughout the ages. Sune's lost tear, The sword or mercy, The healing hand, or simply its proper name Sune's Silver Slither. All were in awe that such a thing existed right in their midst.

I said to them children gather around we have a great task to preform. As they gathered I pulled a mythril dagger out of my robes and placed it abover the Slither. I want you all to concentrate on the dagger. Place all your good thoughts, love, mercy, and healing ability into the blade for today we make a Woundhealer, A lesser Slither, To both cure and save a once departed sister.

They gathered round and concentrated on The dagger while I Started the special ceremony chanting with all my heart to the goddess. the Chant waned and waxed for neigh an hour; then The Sword of mercy glowed a rich golden color expanding to include the dagger. After a time it receeded leaving the dagger alone glowing the bright golden color of love and mercy.

I must have collapsed for I woke several hours later in bed with Pysche tending to me. I then told her of her part for I needed someone to go with me to Elpis'es lair. Together: we must find a way to entrap her and use the dagger . I saw the fear light up in young pysche it was profound making me worry for us. If we dont accomplish our mission all will be lost for the future. Pysche thought long and hard about what was to be done,
then slowly she nodded in resign and renewed resolve. she would do it.

We held eachother tonight for tomarrow we may not come back. Only with Sune's blessing shall we prevail.

Elpis Looked up from her reading a moment to survey the area. Off in the distance she caught sight of the dryad coming down to enjoy the lake. She smiled. It's a rare morn she comes over to visit.

Elpis then goes back to her reading. The Dryad will not disturb her meditations.

Diary Entry 2

A Truely sad day this was. The Morn was wet, rainy, a chill wind came off the northern mountain range. As Psyche and I made our way past the weaver's haven and down deeper ever so deep below the sewers of Rock point we became wary of every scuttle of a rat. Once we met shadow beings but Sune's light prevailed to destroy them. As we fought them we somehow got turned around and found a strange anti-chamber where there was a stone circle with a black void within. strange pin sized lights slowly danced in the void. Perhaps it is some sort of summoning circle of a wizard. If so its enormity spelled dire consequences for anyone trying to use it. The thing sent shivers down our spines. We quickly moved away.

Still deeper we began to find a statue here or there. I knew we were close. The hallway opened up to a Coloumed way and a grand door. The Grand hall was lined with
all manner of statuary. Psyche, curious of them, when to touch one but I drew her back saying please do not disturb their rest. She backed off

We opened the door to find a Feast hall. This must have been some long ago buried elven keep or dwelling long forgotten. Elpis sat there confident in her place.

She stood and spoke, "What manner of beings disturbs me in my home". I held up my holy symbol saying, "Elpis, Daughter of Aguthra, Cursed of Sune, This Day You shall
be forgiven and Repent!"

She did not hesitate. Her bow quickly in her hand She attacked. I Spoke Sune's holy words. It Shielded the two of us from most of the onslaught of arrows. The Battle thus began. Psyche started to cast as Elpis threw her bow away and picked up a mace. I managed to hold her back with The holy fire of Sune for a moment While Psyche closed in. I screamed to warn her but not in time Elpis only momentarily dazed lifted her hood and looked at Psyche. The transformation was not instantanious it took a few seconds enough for Psyche to realize her mistake and freeze with a mask of terror on her face.

It was my chance I quickly Lunged and buried the woundhealer in elpis'es heart. It glided in as though the flesh wasnt even there and caught in her very heart.
Elpis fell. The Dagger healed her heart and then, Then the guilt began.

Elpis cried at my feet for begging for forgiveness. For hours I said nothing.Guilt from Eon upon Eon washed over her. Almost as long as humans have held Rock point Elpis and her sisters have terrorized Sierra na for a long ago sin. At least for elpis redemption is near at hand.

Elpis, Daughter of Aguthra, Sune has need of you. For now You must undo all that you have wought here. This ring made by Sune's blessing has the power to revitalize
your victums. You will spend one month repenting and reading Sunes holy book. Then you shall present yourself before Sunes temple. You will have a chance to redeem yourself in Sunes eyes But! it will not be easy.

The pitiful creature just cried. As I backed away it crawled twoard me. I Said, "One month Elpis. We shall meet again".

Elpis looks up at the sky. Its almost Noon. How time flys on good days like this. The area iteself somehow has milder seasons than the rest of the eldrich forest.
Sune shows her splendor in many ways.

She catches a feint whiff in the air. She looks around a moment then smiles under her hood. "So There is only one alive today that smells of the infernal lands yet
can cast a spell of unseeing aye". She laughs, "It's late spring. I suppose your up from the bogs for supplies dear Katashi". A voice beside her says, "Elpis how are you and yes Ive brought gold and some insence for you if you could. As you know, I wouldn't stand too much of a chance of survival in Morzelmore". She nods, "Yes,I know it is unfortunate your races dont get along". She then giggles, " and you know even fey'ri sorcerers cant hide from anything your smell gives you away".

A black scaled drow with dragon wings appears sitting beside her. in his lap is a large staff. The strange creature is smiling. "yes I know it is easier to move this way sometimes". "News"?, she says to him. " Well Daph'trissia the black dragon that shares the swamp with me is now awake and hungry. I had a.......a confrontation with her recently. The truce still holds". She stays silent a moment then speaks again,
"And the family?" "well Elpis they are well Niombi is not the nicest or most leinent of family Heads my other brother and sister stay away as much as possible." Elpis nods "Yes, I have met Niombi on a few occasions she has mastered silence and uses it often. I wouldn't worry shes faithful to her goddess as you are just shows it in a different way. I will have your supplies next week. Your welcome to stay." he responds," I think I'll take you up on that offer Elpis there are a few flowers and herbs in the area I have need of and can take my time collecting them". She laughs, " As you wish my
gentle creature its always a pleasure". " Thats good to know elpis thank you I'll leave you to your reading then". He gets up and walks toward the temple.

Elpis opens the diary again and begins to read

Diary Entry 3

The Day came in bright and clear. The breezes from the sea brought the fresh salt air to us all. By mid day I had grown impatient. Would she come? Would she bring
Psyche with her? I wasn't sure. I feared that Elpis somehow countered the woundhealer.

By mid day I became so edgy that others notice. Several elder priest and priestess had come this day for the council meeting. I went to the meeting with lost hope in my eyes. As the meeting drew to an end several acrolytes crashed into the meeting with fear stricken hearts. Thermon High priest of Calentir stood up. "What are you children doing cowering in fear? What is it?" they pointed down the hall. One managed to say in
a choked voice," It is one of the Sisters of Dark dreams and Ugliness". "She is expected child! All of you behind the dias and watch carefully this day!" They then scamper behind the rooms alter watching the Elders and the two figures approaching down the hall.

Elpises fate had been decided by the Goddess but it was still a choice: the one thing that all mortals have. I was both frightened and gladdened of her prescence.
I saw that she had brought Psyche. A very good sign. Still there could be a battle had se decided to take revenge. I hope the woundhealer had seated itself deep within her heart. They stopped before the council. I stood up for this was my home temple. I was host.

I spoke softly," It has been a month Elpis. You have come late to the appointed hour but you have come. How do you feel?" Elpis shuffles her feet, "Guilt still riddles my heart Priestess." I say to her "The guilt will last a long time but it will subside in time. You were chosen Elpis to become a priestess of Sune. Sune in her splender and mercy has proclaimed it if you chose. If you are true to her in your heart you have a chance to become what you were. Instead of the grotesque form that you now carry. You have a chance to become human once more. You will found a temple within a year and when you have gained one hundred to your congragation Sune will transform you. Until then you will study the Holy writ and participate in all its ceremonys at
this temple under the guidence of Psyche. Do you accept?"

For many minutes Elpis was silent. It was in the end her choice to do this.

Elpis finally after several minutes said, " The goddess herself cursed me this you all know. If I give myself to her and there is a chance to right past wrongs I will do it. I will willingly give myself to her in the hopes it will lift the curse and I may be whole again."

I said to her "If this is about the curse and the curse alone you will never make it. Elpis You must have the Goddess in your heart to suceed. It will not be easy for you; under the curse to attract followers. It will be enough for now. We will start your training and see. Psyche take her to quarters......And Elpis Never remove your hood in this temple. Do you understand?"

She said "yes". The two left I truely hope Elpis finds both faith and redemption in time. She has a long road ahead of her.

Elpis closes the Diary and looks at it, as she remembers the end.........the begining. The fateful night that showed the way she must travel.

That morning The High priestess Lady Aoibheil asked to see them. They came to her chambers. She looked old and haggard. Elpis had never seen the high priestess as such. It stunned her a bit. She told them that an enterprising weaver had taken a silver chalice
from the temple earlier that night. The chalice was sacred to Sune and was used in the festive revels of the temple. The Priestess said that since Elpis knew the ways
of the sewers and had had contact with the weavers, that She and Physche were the best choice to go down and negociate to get it back. We agreed of course since the needs of Sune must overide our own. Before We left however the priestess took a book out of her dresser.

She said, "Elpis....These are my notes of times past since I myself was but an acrolyte of the temple. You will need it in the future. I am sure you will need it to
keep your faith. Read some of it when you find the time and read it often."

We left on our mission. Phsyche was silent as we walked to the sewer entrance. As we got there she said,"I've never seen the priestess seem so.....". "Old", I replied.
"Yes Elpis what has happened to her? Is she getting ready to meet Sune?" I thought for a moment. Phsyche is my sprititual guild, my teacher, friend, and partner. She was meant to teach or re-teach me in the ways of Lady Firehair, yet this was not of the teachings of Sune this was of life. With my eons of experiance I knew and have seen the signs that the priestess showed while Phsyche could only guess. I looked down at the book, a diary, the Priestess gave me. "physche I believe that she is and many will go with her if we are quick we may be able to save her. How I don't know but we must do this quickly."

We dashed though the maze of the sewers. I lead the way occasionally stopping and showing physche how to avoid the ingenious traps and pitfalls the weavers are known
for making to their hide aways. Soon we were meet by a dark cloaked man. The man recognised me and without a word begged with his hand to follow him. We criscrossed
the byways of the deep sewers a bit before we came to a large chamber that looked for all intensive purposes a small inn. It was different but for the weavers it served
the same function. There we met the leader of the Guild Degan Yaegerson.

We sat down with him. He smiled and put a silver cup on the table, "Ladies with your red finery on I believe I know what your looking for. It seems it was misplaced
somewhere. An associate happened upon it. I would gladly give it back to you however my associate when to quite a bit of trouble in delivering it safely to me, one who
would know what to do with it". I replied, " of course Lord Degan and we are much appriciative of your generosity." He taps his finger and smiles, " I would say 25 should be sufficent for my generosity." I nod, "That is acceptable Lord Degan. You can find such in my lair with more take as you please." Degan looked surprised "In all my years I've never thought to go that deep and see what you have Elpis but the offer is accepted hartily." He slides the cup over and I slide a ring of skeleton keys to him. Physche toke the cup and gingerly placed it in her backpack.

As we got up the ground began to shake! Phsyche went for the wall and clung on. Degan fell back on his chair and scrambled to the center of the room. I scrambled under the table hopeful it wasn't an earth quake but some beast of the earth moving. We heard a great roar not of some creature but of something distant possibly on the surface.

Silence ensued a moment, then without warning I felt myself being pulled almost as if my soul was being torn from my body. I looked around Degan was lying on the floor his eyes rolled to the back of his head. to my right Physche had already fallen. I slept.

Elpis awoke to a scene of utter chaos. Degan was shaking her. Psyche was moaning a bit and standing up. She was a bit shaky but alive thank Sune. Degan got us up and made sure we were alright. The weavers were frantically trying to seal the tunnels. "What happened?", I said. Degan replied, " I'm not sure Elpis but the undead from the island have overtaken the city. Some are filtering down from the streets. More are coming up from the deep sewers. Those are shadows. "Elpis concerned said " Have some men go to my lair and get supplies there is enough to last a long time. We must make it to the surface is there a way?" Degan thought a moment, " Yes but you must be quick, even now my men are sealing the exits all of them. We'll wait these creatures out until help comes."

We dashed though the sewers as fast as we could. Others dashed here and there, in and out of the shadows. It seemed like hours to find a way up but we did. What we found there was not pleasent. We broke the surface at a run and quickly Stopped dead. "Ghouls!", Pshyche screamed. We started chanting using the spells we knew to stave off the undead; while frantically making our way to the temple. We collected a few here and there that were saved by what ever catasophy hit the city. Along the way we also saw many that had died so quickly they didn't even know that they were gone. Ghosts everywhere! We avoided them for the fear they inspire can kill even a priest. We made it to the temple to find many ghosts and dead. Little did we know we had been seen and were being surrounded.

The ghosts vaporized as we got to the temple. Something it seemed had turned their fear against them: They fled. the Temple entrance grew strangely silent. We made our way in to find bodies everywhere. Pshyche started to sob. She ran to the body of the High priestess. I heard glass crunch behind me as a boot purposely stepped down on what was left of the front stained glass window on the floor. I turned around slowly backing up to protect
my mentor.

A handsome pale man slowly walked twoard me. "Ladies, You have survived Its nice to see some living among such......chaos". Psyche was still sobbing holding the body of the High priestess. Other figurers aproached from the back of the temple. I knew I wouldn't
have to worry about them if this was their leader until he signaled. " Ladies you have the oppertunity of a lifetime. You are priestesses of Sune and would be a wonderful addition to my rather small family", he smiles showing his pearly white fangs. "Your no threat to me
Vampire. I'm already immortal, cursed by it. If you want a fight know that you fight against one of the four sisters." I replied. He Stops.

Vladimir Knew of the four sisters and the one rumored to be deep under Rock points sewers. He had no wish to take on any of them. He looked at the priestess carefully. Not a piece of skin showed iteself to him. The hood and veil she wore completely hid her face. If it was a ruse it was a good one. This priestess was either very smart or very stupid. The one thing that he did know is the one of the sisters would never go back to the Goddess
that cursed them in the first place. He watched his children in the background ready to descend upon them. "So, You claim to be a sister. Show me veiled one turn your powers against me. If your not a sister then you will die for your indignance. Nothing but food.....but the other......I have plans for her." The Priestess carefully lifted her hand to her hood and pulled it off.

Pshyche wasn't paying attention to anything. All she new was that Her high priestess had died the magic of youth now gone; her body looked old and wasted. She felt herself grabbed. It was too late they picked her up and threw her to the ground again. Teeth sunk in to both her shoulder and her leg almost at once. She felt the numbing pain of the vampires saliva start to course though her veins. She could do nothing but watch the horror of them feeding off of her: Knowing she would be cursed until someone cut her head from her body and placed it in the sunlight.

As I lifted my hood; the vampire realized he had made a grave mistake. He turned his head in time and ran out the entrance. I Turned to the The others behind me. I drew up my bow and started fireing upon them As they looked up they looked into my face and instantly
turned to stone. Most undead are immuned to me but vampires, They pride themselves in their twisted handsomeness and beauty. Instantly they turned to stone. others fled or were felled; at least for a time by my arrows. I ran to pshyche and pushed her head away when she tried to look. I saw the marks on her leg. What to do I had no idea her only chance was to get out of the city. Covering her eyes and picking her up I wisphered to her to have no fear. I walked out of the city none came to stop me. All the undead would fall upon a priestess of Sune, but none would challenge the mighty Elpis, Daughter of Aguthra, who for a millenia has met every challenge lent to her.

Outside the city gates I laid Pshyche down. Her eyes were growing cold. She asked me to kill her. I couldn't. I told her that I would come back with more to rid the city of the undead and restore her once the leader was dead. As she turned to stone I said "Forgive me, I cannot
loose you" .

I wandered many years before founding this temple and now I wait for both those that would come and those that would help me save my friend. I can wait: for unless someone kills me, I cannot die.

Written by Winterhawk

Mermut

People of Seirra Na

Post by Mermut »

The Tansue Family

The slight woman came to the dining room. She looked to be in in her 40's or so. She had blood red eyes and white hair. Her ears pointed showed the distinct elven
ancestory of her kind. Her scales, scent and the great black dragon wings on her back showed her other ancestry, that of the Devils of Tiamat: the Abishia. She walked up to the dining table' an elderly man waited there. She bowed and smiled at him showing the 4 small back swayed fangs in her teeth; not noticable until she intentionaly smiled.

The Elderly man braced his arm to get up but She put her finger to his nose and pushed him back down. She giggles and hugs him. " Ah my love its so good to be back," she says.

Chuckling he says, "Sit down Naoki. I dont know how you still have all that energy after 8 children. How was your trip and How is Niombi"? She sits down and fools with her robe for a moment. "she is coming momentarily love. The trip was uneventful. The Dark elves are doing well. There have been no forays into their realm for some time. They have though spotted creatures moving in the upper tunnels similar to Abishia. It disturbes me. I do not think Abishia would be here for very long however I do believe something dragonlike lingers in the tunnels. I didn't observe one of these creatures
myself. I hope after our vactaion Niombi and I can go back and explore.

Haakon Looks at his wife. She looked happy and excited, and with good reason their first born daughter was about to become a woman. Naoki glowed. As always while in the home she wore a light robe. cut so her wings would be free to react. Her belt had a golden hand fan clasp to it. Tied to her thigh was a short slightly curved sword scabbard and a longer one tied to her back the scabbards were very plain made of light leather. She never parted with them. In the back scabbard was a katana its handle made of the purest ivory. An Intricate knot was tied to it binding it to the scabbard It looked extensive with delicate knotwork along it. Haakon knew though that one pull of the knot and a twist of the blade would bring the sword in her hand the scabbard falling to the ground. She was not beautiful far from it. Battlescars lined her scales up and down almost every inch of her was scar tissue. It was not that that drew him to
her it was her shining soul that lured him so long ago.

He leans twoard her and clasps her hands smiling. The servants bring a meal for them as they watch the yard the children were playfighting. They place a cup and raw meat in front of her and a bowl of fruit in front of him. She absenmindedly takes a strip and places it in the cup of blood then eats it. Haakon doesnt even blink for most of his years hes seen how his wife eats. At first he tried to change it but gave up after several years. Naoki sighs and looks at the small boy in the room chittering out the window.

She looks at Haakon a whispers very softly, "What is katashi doing here"? He smiles and whispers back, " The boy is fine". She looks back disappointed a moment but quickly replaces it with a smile. Unbenonst to her the small child caught it out of the corner of his eye.

She Whispers "I dont know Haakon the boy is so ugly and weak. He gets sick so often. I dont understand it. His scales are so dull and he has trouble with his lessons.

Haakon gets serious a moment and whispers, " Dear the child is just different. He may not be perfect or handsome in your eyes but he is the most Handsome of our children in most others. I dare say he may even be the most powerful tansu ever." She Laughs, "I dont know how you feel that way he would not survive the training. We will have to marry him off to a rich guildmistress or such so she can protect.......she suddenly
grows sad, her eyes drop. Haakon hugs her, "The boy has talents love. You cannot see them because you are not looking. He strokes her hair and chuckles " Even after I
leave I'll still be with you Naoki. I love you and will always be there for you no worries love". He picks her chin up forceing her to look into his eyes. "So Samurai
fear nothing aye. She begins to speak but is interrupted.

The small boy that looked no more than 5 in human years stared out the window to the doves perched in the apple tree. He really wasn't suppose to be in the dining room this time of day. He was suppose to be playing in the yard with his brothers and sisters. He looked down a moment to them with their bokkens. They were all playing war hitting one another in duals. Katashi just wasn't interested in that kind of game. Even with his infernal blood for some reason it seemed a waste of time and besides the bokken his mother built him seemed so heavy. He had a better game to play one that required a bit of patience and a small spell the old wizard Renaldo had taught him.

Father was in a chair behind him. Katashi heard the door open and steps, the flapping of wings which could only mean that mother too had come home. She was coming for her morning meal and to chat with dad. She would probably chastise him for being in the dining room and not out with the others but this game was too interesting and may even make her proud of him for once.

She sat down and talked. Katashi perked his ears and lost his concentration on the doves while they talked. he chittered occasionally to lure the doves into a false sense of security. As they talked he got disheartened a moment and put his full concentration once again on the doves. Whispering the spell he chittered again. one of the birds took off, circled the yard once then went straight twoard him. He was ready this time and put his hand out. the bird flew in and perched right on his hand.

He kept his concentration on the dove and walked over to his parents the excitement inside was almost unbearable but he had to stay calm and walk slowly. as he got within a few feet he lost it.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look!" he cried. The bird takes off and circles the room landing on a chandelair frightened. His mother turns to him with pursed lips. "Katashi! you should be outside with your sword not in here chasing food around ", she sais tapping her foot. "But Mommy, Didnt you see I called it to me Renaldo taught me. She smiles, " Well when your all grown at least you won't go hungry" she hugs him and smiles. "Now what would really make me proud is if you can get past Tangs guard once and score on him". Katashi looks down " but mommy the sword is so heavy." Haakon gets up and picks the boy up. He says, " Thats ok Dear I think Katashi and I will go for a walk today. Flap your wings Katashi and help me now. I can still pick you up but you are getting heavy."

Katashi flaps his wings while Haakon puts the boy on his shoulders. Naoki gets up from her chair, " Alright you two the conspiracy worked this time. Be off with you but be back in time for dinner." They both reply in unison, "yes Mother Haakon your wish is our command." They all laugh and Haakon takes his son out. Nyoki goes to the window watching her children with a critical eye judging every move and countermove every fient, parry and thrust.

Niombi stared up from refereeing in the garden and saw her mother watching them. She motions to her. Niombi stops everyone and tells them to go for a swim. She walks up and into the Dining room. She Bows to Naoki never taking her eyes from her. Mothers eye's sparkled red almost hypnoticly. While hers were still a dull irisless black. Nyoki bows to her daughter.

"Yes Mother Sensai", she ask. Naoki smiles, "You did very well with the dark elves Niombi and now they know you. Theres much to speak about troubling undercurrents."

" What do you mean mother the world has been at peace for hundreds of years now?" Niombi replies.

Naoki pauses, "Your about to become a woman and a Samurai if you survive the ceremony. It's time for you to know our part in the family what we do. Haakon leads the guards and army of greater rock point. We... we listen when we can, and fight for rock point when Haakon cannot.

There are a few things going on now that troubles the two of us. The first is the rumors of the Dark elves that small dragon creatures haunt the upper tunnels. After we go to the summer home you and I will investigate these rumors. The second thing that concerns us is the tensions surrounding Martecs temple and its worshippers. Our home is near the main temple we will go and speak with them. We've had quite good relations with them as our neighbors better in fact than here at Rock Point with its citizenty.

The most important is councelman Xavier. The odd fellow from the slums. Your father has odd feelings about the man. When Haakon has those kinds of feelings it usually means trouble. Your father has a kind of six sence about the intent of others. its hard to explain but I've learned to trust his intuition."

Niombi nods, " Father always seems to spot trouble before it happens".

Her mother replies, " Yes.......Xavier always seems to be close to trouble in council pitting council member against eachother. He has also been seen with a very tall sorcerer that calls himself Kane which worries me more than his disturbances in council. For now Niombi, I have a mission of sorts for you. I want you to go to the temple of Sune. Take this bag of gold. The high priestess brews me a special potion for your father. It will be your first foray alone in the city. do not stray many do not like our prescence here." Niombi bows, " As you wish mother sensai". She goes in to change for the city.

Xavier had just carefully wrapped his skeletal arm in an illusion spell just as there was a knock at his door. He looked down displeased. He himself could never tell if the spell worked but he knew it always did. The arm to him still looked skeletal but to others it must look like a normal arm.

He paused a moment and then said, "Come in". An aide opened the door to let a man in leathers carrying a case be recieved. The aide bowed and left closing the door behind him as Xavier surveyed the newcomer. The slight man had hands that could pilfer from the sharpest of eyes but he knew this man didnt do that instead he used those wonderful hands for something much different.

Xavier stood up, "Do You have the Item"? The man replies, "Yes". He takes out an elaborate cane with a ruby on the top. "You see councilor the needle is spring injected all you have to do is slightly twist as you tap and Pop! it is self retracting so the subject or subjects will have no idea they have been hit. It takes an once so quickly its unnoticable. You simply twist counterclockwise slightly and the syringe is released".

The man twists the ruby clockwise there is a small pop and a needle quickly comes out of the tip and back into it as though it was never there then he twists counterclockwise and a small sryinge falls out of the cane tip.

Impressed the councilor pays the man well and takes the cane. as the man leaves Xavier looks at the cane thinking of the irony. The man who told him how to open the dark gate was named Kane a sorcerer of great power over the night. Kane had explained to him that to open the gate he would need the blood of someone born of the lowerplanes. It was one of the many ingredients yet to be collected and he knew just where to find that kind of blood.

Haakon and Katashi make their way twoard the merchant district where the Wizard Renaldo's tower stands. As Haakon carries the child. Katashi asked, " Daddy Why does mommy not like me like she does the others?" Haakon thinks a moment before he speaks and looks up at his son. " Katashi.... Mother loves you just as much. She just doesnt understand you is all. I see your talent but she doesn't because she thinks all her children should be like her. Your bloodline calls to the swords that all the others use but you don't hear the call you hear another. You hear your own. One day your mother will be very proud of you when you grow not many elder fey'ri have your talents." He smiles up

Katashi hugs his fathers head. " what talents daddy? I can call animals to me but thats all i can do? it seems im mostly just in the way." Haakon laughs, " Most of the greatest of people when your age felt like that katashi. I think eventually Rinaldo will teach you much more you have a grand talent. Its already starting to show."

They continue on their way for a spell. As they reach The merchant district a figure approachs them. Haakon narrows his eyes a moment then his face takes on the face of the old diplamat that he has learn to become over the years. The figure bows as he approaches "Good day to you lord haakon and good day to you young sir.", Xavier replies.

Haakon studies the man closely, " I see you have a new cane councelman." Xavier suddenly disturbed says,
" Why yes a merchant came to town recently this was among his wares. It perked my interest so I bought it.....It is nice isn't it?"

"Yes indeed, Councilman. My son and I must go I see you have no pressing business so we say our good-bys for now. Come Katashi perhaps Rinaldo has a nice fat mouse for you." The father and son make their way though the thoughfares.

Xavier curses. That Haakon won't prevent me from getting what I want there will be other chances. As He continues on to the temple district he spys another potential target one not so keen to the goings on of the city......strange she is not escorted by the mother. This is the oppertunity hes been looking for. Xavier smiles as he approaches the Young Lady Niombi.

Niombi was briskly walking though the temple district. She could almost see the temple of sune. As she rounded the corner to view it a figure on the other side stepped out and they collided. Niombi agile from her training quickly gained her legs under her before she fell. The other figure wasn't so lucky. The man in the robe fell. Niombi helped him up. The man accidently placed his cane on her boot. "Oh dear I'm so sorry miss....oh Lady Haakon it is a pleasure" the man sais as he gets up. Niombi then sees the pin councilmen use to identify themselves. She bows "It was my fault councilman......?"

"Xavier..... I hope I didn't scuff your boot and no no it was my fault for not looking. My you have grown to be a strong woman a tribute to your race." Niombi takes a step back but bows wondering if there were any reason he may have bumped into her just learning that mother was watching him. "I'm on an errand for the family. Its...Its a pleasure but I must retire to my duties." "Oh, I am doublely sorry I have slowed you on your duties. Oh!" he feels his pockets a moment looking surprised. She sais, "What is it Councilman?" He replies, "I seem to have lost......." He puts his hand in up and draws an line down with his index finger. "Forget Niombi." She instantly becomes dazed and starts wondering twoard the temple twoard her goal.

Xavier disappears round the corner. He swings around to an alley not often traveled and works the cane. A syringe falls out with alittle less than an once of blood trapped within it. He Laughs and mutters, "Now! Now! i will have Fiend of the Shadow to help me."

Pysche runs into the temple from the entrance distraught. "Mistress Aoibheil! Mistress Aiobheil!" The High Priestess having tea spills her cup. Her eyes roll a moment and she gets up walking twoard the call. "What is it child I'm here." Pysche slides in and nearly screams, "Mistress! a young Haakon comes!" This is enough for the High priestess to get distraught too.

"Call the guards dont let her into the temple." She quickly puts on a formal gown and rushes to the entrance just in time. She sees the guards visibly upset and the young elder fey ri just starting up the steps. At first she utters a musical note and then in a great voice says "Stop!" The elder Fey ri seems confused a moment then shrugs it off. Aoibheil cringes the command didn't work. She draws deep upon her magic and with her finger draws out a symbol in the air then rushes down to greet the woman. In a quite voice she says "Please stop". Niombi freezes as if paralized a moment then looks at the priestess in bewilderment."

Aoibhel lets her get her wits back in a few moments. The guard seem tense. She looks at Niombi appraising her. The black scaled woman already showed the scars of advanced training her nose has been broken many times and swordscars appeared here and there on her face probably from the mothers weapon. Such a sad race so driven to fight for honor never truely claimed.

Niombi gets her wits about her. Strange she felt dizzy and blacked out a moment. She looks at her target the high priestess and bows to her saying, " Good morning Priestess. I have come at the behest of Lady Haakon."

Aoibhel says, "I know what you've come for Niombi....please take your katana out of your scabbard. and show the guards. Niombi a bit confused by the words but willing to obey slowly unsheaths her sword. When Aoibhel sees the sword she visibly relaxes and so too the guards. The sword was steel and no life breathed within it.

Aoibhel then bows to Niombi, "Thank you Niombi, I see you have the gold. Here is what your mother needs. You are not allowed into the temple. Next time you come alone
please approach us slowly. I will welcome you here." Niombi bows and says, " Yes Priestess I will." "good, and thank you Niombi for the Haakon charity it will go to a good place." Niombi nods and bows. She then turns around and starts to make her way out of the temple district. As she leaves a young acrolite makes a face. Ahoibheil pretends not to notice. A hooded priestess at the back flinches as she watches the acrolite then turns and walks away with her head down....as she leaves a bearly autible wimper escapes her lips.

The Hakkons Packed and moved out of the city home for their home in the country. It was the lands set aside in the elven wilderness for the Tansu descendents. Far enough away from Loc Nordith that the elves didn't have to associate with them. Close enough that the Tansus and their descentants could be watched for any sign of evil within them.

All in the family were in high spirits for the Ancestral home was a place of peace and respite from the squalid city. Haakon and Naoki spoke softly to eachother as they traveled the childern some in the wagon some walking beside played games and generaly had fun. Niombi walked slightly behind Thinking of the test she must soon take and the horror of failure.

The home was three days travel from the city and the roads were well travelled there was almost a passer by or two every day.

It was on the second day in the rolling hill country that they saw it smoke in the valley among a clump of trees. Haakon and Naoki stopped and told the children to stay close to the wagon. Niombi came up and Watched the children.

The couple got no more than 30 meters when Five Elder fey ri flew out of the trees and down in front of them.

Naoki couldnt believe it She swung around and could see Niombi racing up to meet them. A stern look and she fell back. She thought to herself, " Good Niombi take care of the children". She looked at Haakon, "What do you think love 5 to 2?" Haakon looks at the five and shakes his head, " Naoki my love Pelora and Araushunne keep us. I'm old this may be my last battle." "Naoki's red eyes flare a moment, " Dont worry love we've prevailed greater odds I'll protect you as you me, back to back and together forever". She smiles, turns around and pulls the knots holding her swords locked in their scabbards.

Kentaro Couldn't believe the luck he's been having this day. His small group had traversed a way around the dark elves undetected weeks before and finally broke the surface after weeks of fighting only to find themselves in elven surface lands. Luck changes thats the rub. They had started with 10 and are now down to five. Then a group of elven rangers spotted them just yesterday while trying to find a place of relative safety. One of the 5 dead died there just hours before while battling them. Now this. A Knight of some kind with an Elder fey ri. He looked at her black scales. A thadrakian perhaps Tansu. He had thought it was just a ledgend, now it seems the ledgend may be true.

He signals the weakest Akira to peel off to the wagon. Then reluctantly steps forward his blue eyes watching the pair carefully. " Kentaro Ferdenan of house Sator ", he bows. " Naoki Haakon of house Thadrak " she responds.

" Parley"? He asks. She thinks a moment and shakes her head, " You have come where you are not welcome. How you escaped I do not know or care. The fact that you are here means others may come. You cannot return". He nods and draws his swords as his compainons. He sees her roll her eyes and a ring of fire surrounds the pair. Damn more bad luck shes a mistress full in her power. He looks as his katana, makes a small prayer to Tiamat and sets off to find his worth.

While Naoki Speaks she carefully observers them. The wounded one peels off going for the children. little does he know hes entering a wasp nest. The leader looks young hes green scales glisening from a recent molt. Haakon starts praying his sword flashes slightly. she feels his divine energy build as he no doubt feels the warmth of her fire glow. She rolls her eyes up bringing her elemental energy into focas a ring of protective fire rings them in its embraced just as the group hits them. "Swing Love." she ducks as Haakon swings his blade over her head while she parries one of the blows. He catches one in the arm making it useless the elder fey ri trips from the blow and falls. She blocks two more blows. while Haakon gets his bearing then strikes its parried back on her.

The battle eases into a familiar ebb and flow. Her eyes light up for the thrill and feel of worthwhile opponents for they have lived past the first 5 minutes. She lunges catching the wounded one in the throat blood sprays out as half his neck is severed. one down 3 to go. Haakon shows signs of both weariness and blood starting to seep in the weak spots on his armor.

They change tatics and come at Haakon. She spins around his body and yells, "Swing Love!" She misssteps. The swords come in. She cant block all three off balance. She knocks one blade out of the way with her sword. and twists around to face Haakon. "I'm sorry love" as the two blades enter her chest. She smiles up at him, "Now its up to you " She feels the ground coming up to meet her, Then.... Silence.

Haakon Blessed his sword as he could feel Naoki calling on the elemental plane of fire her body against his grew hot as the fey ri crashed into them. Naokis blades whirled around him in defence while he took a shot where he could. The teamwork took years but worked well especially with his aged body tireing so easily. "Swing Love", she cried. He saw it and almost cleaved an arm off the fey ri tripped back and fell. She quickly tears out his throat as he reenters. 1 down 3 to go. He feels the weight of the sword more and more as the battle moves on. Then niombi swings around him knocking a katana out of the hands of one and then turns to face him. NO NO he sees the other two katanas enter her Back.

She looks up to him and says, "I'm sorry love, Its up to you now. He sees her eyes roll to the back of her head and she falls. The strength suddenly flows back into his arms and he becomes a dervish cutting and hacking with no thought to defense. The fey ri are stunned but they fight on. Haakon takes lethal blow after lethal blow as he cleaves a 2nd though the rib cage. His sword sticks in the bone only a moment when he rips it out of the body. the other two go from different directions he twists his hips and slices down snapping his wrist in a belletrix snap It cleaves thought the collar bone of another and the sword exiting below the shoulder severing it from his body.

As he turns to meet the last, a sword goes completely though his side. He looks at the fey ri. Its covered in a dozen wounds itself but smileing. Yes, you have one this time. As he draws the sword out of Haakons body His head seperates from his body. It falls and is replaced by Niombi covered in gore and crying. Haakon smiles at his daughter and falls beside Naoki.

Niombi wanted to help her parents she moved twoard them but a stern look from her mother told her she had to stay back. She gathered her siblings at the wagon quickly. "Swords get your swords!..........Katashi go hide!" They readied themselves as a wind passes between them Tang looked at his belly in surprise it had exploded out of his skin. He Fell The wound would take time to kill him. Niombi chased after the phantom.

The figure turns His White eyes looking upon her. She feels the fear within her and quells it as best she can putting up her guard. He lunges after her, " Ah beautiful! I will take my time and pleasure with you." She blocks him he dances around her and attacks the children Haruto and Ren block him and manage to lunge in on him but hes to fast their blades miss he moves on striking Ichiyo down as if he were but katashi's age.

She moves in again This time with moves her mother taught her The Dance of the Red dragon. They draw together in a deadly dance. They Twist and turn parry and thrust. She sees his look of amusement turn to a look of stern concentration. Asako joins in and tries to keep up with her sister. Niombi feels the ground pull at her and she trips Haruto quickly covers her. Strange she thinks to herself. Sakuro over extenders herself. The fey ri hacks his sword though her thigh and she goes down. Niombi again joins in the frey her siblings giving her room the fey ri has some minor cuts now but her brothers and sisters are fairing much worst she has to do something. She tries the flight of the eagle dancing into the fey ri with his own style. Ren gets a good hit on his wrist he tries to twist it out of the way but not in time before her sword hits bone the wakasaki falls from his hand, he is left with only his katana. She whirls behind him and sees an opening, but as she is about to strike the ground again pulls on her she falls. This time Asako stands over her as she rolls out of the way and back up. Asako no match for a full samuria misteps herself and recieves a katana though her eye. She dies quickly. Niombi whistles. Ren and Harauto Draw the fey ri into her. She looks at the ground a moment and gets an idea.

Haruto and ren pass behind and leave the fey ri to her. She stands solid, no bend no movement like a preying mantis awaiting the next meal. He hits her sword flashing. She parries and draws her wakasaki he passes around her but she simpley turns and doesnt follow. He spins in a return she blocks with her small blade and shoves her katana though his armpit out the opposite side of his neck.

Now that the fey ri is dispatched she must get father to heal the family she felt desprate but their wounds were too far for her to help with some some were gone. Fey ri normaly cannot produce tears or cry but in this moment of deep anguish the tears from her human parent start to show. She looks to her parents. Mother mother is down. Father is fighting for his life. She sees hes covered head to toe in blood much of it seeping out of his own armor. She runs!

As she catches up with him the fey ri puts his sword though fathers chest. She acts almost without knowing her sword coming up and cleaving his neck clean. The head rolls a few feet and the body falls. Haakon Smiles at her and falls. She Screams in infernal, "MOTHER, MOTHER, FATHER YOU CANT LEAVE US. PLEASE HANG ON!" Haakon reaches out his and and caresses Niombis face before he dies. Niombi slumps upon her knees and weeps.

The Young knight galloped quickly down the road from Loc Nordith making his way as quickly as he could to Rock point. Elder fey ri had been spotted in the area and he needed to gather a force to meet them. He carried letters from the elven court asking for assistance and armed men. As he galloped he spotted a group somewhat off the rode. It looked like a battle had just encured. As he veered off to investigate he saw them the elder fey ri bloody with a knight on the ground. The knight was so bloody he couldn't identify what sect he was from but he took out most of the fey ri only a few remained. Bodies littered the ground. He took up his spear and made a charge at the one lying on the ground probably takeing spoils from the corpse.

He was in in full charge when a small boy another fey ri ran to the other and pulled out something. What was it a small crossbow? The boy spread out a golden fan with two black spots on it and flashed it at him. The young knight then realized his mistake. He pull the reins back as hard as he could and was discharged from the horse. He rolled. The boy got quickly out of the way but the woman never moved or notice him as he slamed into her his boot smacking into her throat. She tumbled and lay on the ground.

The boy came up to him. "Sir, can you help my mom and daddy and my sisters and brothers? they did the best they could." The knight looked at the carnage. It was awful the devastation. He had never seen the ferocity of the elder fey ri and now as he saw the ending he was shocked. He went to help the girl but she wouldn't get up she sat up but would not stand. " What happened here? how many survived?" Haruto spoke, There are four of 10 sir Father Haakon and Mother Sensai Naoki are gone." Ren suddenly screams "NO!" and points. All eyes turn to Niombi as She buries her katana in her own chest. Ren again screams, "NIOMBI ITS NOT YOUR..........."

The Ground trembles as a Great magic is unleashed. Phantoms surround the area all those though the ages that have taken the sword in the tansu name gather. The children and knight are stunned. Niombis body takes on a stone cast as if petrified. Her body gets back up on its knees and pulls the glowing katana out dripping with acid. Haruto furrows his brows, " She didn't complete the ceremony she commited suicide what is the precedence for this?" " I don't know Ren replies. The knight makes a sign and holds his holy symbol having no idea whats going on.

The magic fades and Niombi opens her bright green eyes. they show the deep sorrow that this day will ever mark the rest of her life.

Written by Winterhawk

Mermut

Re: People of Seirra Na

Post by Mermut »

He leans twoard her and clasps her hands smiling. The servants bring a meal for them as they watch the yard the children were playfighting. They place a cup and raw meat in front of her and a bowl of fruit in front of him. She absenmindedly takes a strip and places it in the cup of blood then eats it. Haakon doesnt even blink for most of his years hes seen how his wife eats. At first he tried to change it but gave up after several years. Naoki sighs and looks at the small boy in the room chittering out the window.

She looks at Haakon a whispers very softly, "What is katashi doing here"? He smiles and whispers back, " The boy is fine". She looks back disappointed a moment but quickly replaces it with a smile. Unbenonst to her the small child caught it out of the corner of his eye.

She Whispers "I dont know Haakon the boy is so ugly and weak. He gets sick so often. I dont understand it. His scales are so dull and he has trouble with his lessons.

Haakon gets serious a moment and whispers, " Dear the child is just different. He may not be perfect or handsome in your eyes but he is the most Handsome of our children in most others. I dare say he may even be the most powerful tansu ever." She Laughs, "I dont know how you feel that way he would not survive the training. We will have to marry him off to a rich guildmistress or such so she can protect.......she suddenly
grows sad, her eyes drop. Haakon hugs her, "The boy has talents love. You cannot see them because you are not looking. He strokes her hair and chuckles " Even after I
leave I'll still be with you Naoki. I love you and will always be there for you no worries love". He picks her chin up forceing her to look into his eyes. "So Samurai
fear nothing aye. She begins to speak but is interrupted.

The small boy that looked no more than 5 in human years stared out the window to the doves perched in the apple tree. He really wasn't suppose to be in the dining room this time of day. He was suppose to be playing in the yard with his brothers and sisters. He looked down a moment to them with their bokkens. They were all playing war hitting one another in duals. Katashi just wasn't interested in that kind of game. Even with his infernal blood for some reason it seemed a waste of time and besides the bokken his mother built him seemed so heavy. He had a better game to play one that required a bit of patience and a small spell the old wizard Renaldo had taught him.

Father was in a chair behind him. Katashi heard the door open and steps, the flapping of wings which could only mean that mother too had come home. She was coming for her morning meal and to chat with dad. She would probably chastise him for being in the dining room and not out with the others but this game was too interesting and may even make her proud of him for once.

She sat down and talked. Katashi perked his ears and lost his concentration on the doves while they talked. he chittered occasionally to lure the doves into a false sense of security. As they talked he got disheartened a moment and put his full concentration once again on the doves. Whispering the spell he chittered again. one of the birds took off, circled the yard once then went straight twoard him. He was ready this time and put his hand out. the bird flew in and perched right on his hand.

He kept his concentration on the dove and walked over to his parents the excitement inside was almost unbearable but he had to stay calm and walk slowly. as he got within a few feet he lost it.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look!" he cried. The bird takes off and circles the room landing on a chandelair frightened. His mother turns to him with pursed lips. "Katashi! you should be outside with your sword not in here chasing food around ", she sais tapping her foot. "But Mommy, Didnt you see I called it to me Renaldo taught me. She smiles, " Well when your all grown at least you won't go hungry" she hugs him and smiles. "Now what would really make me proud is if you can get past Tangs guard once and score on him". Katashi looks down " but mommy the sword is so heavy." Haakon gets up and picks the boy up. He says, " Thats ok Dear I think Katashi and I will go for a walk today. Flap your wings Katashi and help me now. I can still pick you up but you are getting heavy."

Katashi flaps his wings while Haakon puts the boy on his shoulders. Naoki gets up from her chair, " Alright you two the conspiracy worked this time. Be off with you but be back in time for dinner." They both reply in unison, "yes Mother Haakon your wish is our command." They all laugh and Haakon takes his son out. Nyoki goes to the window watching her children with a critical eye judging every move and countermove every fient, parry and thrust.

Niombi stared up from refereeing in the garden and saw her mother watching them. She motions to her. Niombi stops everyone and tells them to go for a swim. She walks up and into the Dining room. She Bows to Naoki never taking her eyes from her. Mothers eye's sparkled red almost hypnoticly. While hers were still a dull irisless black. Nyoki bows to her daughter.

"Yes Mother Sensai", she ask. Naoki smiles, "You did very well with the dark elves Niombi and now they know you. Theres much to speak about troubling undercurrents."

" What do you mean mother the world has been at peace for hundreds of years now?" Niombi replies.

Naoki pauses, "Your about to become a woman and a Samurai if you survive the ceremony. It's time for you to know our part in the family what we do. Haakon leads the guards and army of greater rock point. We... we listen when we can, and fight for rock point when Haakon cannot.

There are a few things going on now that troubles the two of us. The first is the rumors of the Dark elves that small dragon creatures haunt the upper tunnels. After we go to the summer home you and I will investigate these rumors. The second thing that concerns us is the tensions surrounding Martecs temple and its worshippers. Our home is near the main temple we will go and speak with them. We've had quite good relations with them as our neighbors better in fact than here at Rock Point with its citizenty.

The most important is councelman Xavier. The odd fellow from the slums. Your father has odd feelings about the man. When Haakon has those kinds of feelings it usually means trouble. Your father has a kind of six sence about the intent of others. its hard to explain but I've learned to trust his intuition."

Niombi nods, " Father always seems to spot trouble before it happens".

Her mother replies, " Yes.......Xavier always seems to be close to trouble in council pitting council member against eachother. He has also been seen with a very tall sorcerer that calls himself Kane which worries me more than his disturbances in council. For now Niombi, I have a mission of sorts for you. I want you to go to the temple of Sune. Take this bag of gold. The high priestess brews me a special potion for your father. It will be your first foray alone in the city. do not stray many do not like our prescence here." Niombi bows, " As you wish mother sensai". She goes in to change for the city.

Xavier had just carefully wrapped his skeletal arm in an illusion spell just as there was a knock at his door. He looked down displeased. He himself could never tell if the spell worked but he knew it always did. The arm to him still looked skeletal but to others it must look like a normal arm.

He paused a moment and then said, "Come in". An aide opened the door to let a man in leathers carrying a case be recieved. The aide bowed and left closing the door behind him as Xavier surveyed the newcomer. The slight man had hands that could pilfer from the sharpest of eyes but he knew this man didnt do that instead he used those wonderful hands for something much different.

Xavier stood up, "Do You have the Item"? The man replies, "Yes". He takes out an elaborate cane with a ruby on the top. "You see councilor the needle is spring injected all you have to do is slightly twist as you tap and Pop! it is self retracting so the subject or subjects will have no idea they have been hit. It takes an once so quickly its unnoticable. You simply twist counterclockwise slightly and the syringe is released".

The man twists the ruby clockwise there is a small pop and a needle quickly comes out of the tip and back into it as though it was never there then he twists counterclockwise and a small sryinge falls out of the cane tip.

Impressed the councilor pays the man well and takes the cane. as the man leaves Xavier looks at the cane thinking of the irony. The man who told him how to open the dark gate was named Kane a sorcerer of great power over the night. Kane had explained to him that to open the gate he would need the blood of someone born of the lowerplanes. It was one of the many ingredients yet to be collected and he knew just where to find that kind of blood.

Haakon and Katashi make their way twoard the merchant district where the Wizard Renaldo's tower stands. As Haakon carries the child. Katashi asked, " Daddy Why does mommy not like me like she does the others?" Haakon thinks a moment before he speaks and looks up at his son. " Katashi.... Mother loves you just as much. She just doesnt understand you is all. I see your talent but she doesn't because she thinks all her children should be like her. Your bloodline calls to the swords that all the others use but you don't hear the call you hear another. You hear your own. One day your mother will be very proud of you when you grow not many elder fey'ri have your talents." He smiles up

Katashi hugs his fathers head. " what talents daddy? I can call animals to me but thats all i can do? it seems im mostly just in the way." Haakon laughs, " Most of the greatest of people when your age felt like that katashi. I think eventually Rinaldo will teach you much more you have a grand talent. Its already starting to show."

They continue on their way for a spell. As they reach The merchant district a figure approachs them. Haakon narrows his eyes a moment then his face takes on the face of the old diplamat that he has learn to become over the years. The figure bows as he approaches "Good day to you lord haakon and good day to you young sir.", Xavier replies.

Haakon studies the man closely, " I see you have a new cane councelman." Xavier suddenly disturbed says,
" Why yes a merchant came to town recently this was among his wares. It perked my interest so I bought it.....It is nice isn't it?"

"Yes indeed, Councilman. My son and I must go I see you have no pressing business so we say our good-bys for now. Come Katashi perhaps Rinaldo has a nice fat mouse for you." The father and son make their way though the thoughfares.

Xavier curses. That Haakon won't prevent me from getting what I want there will be other chances. As He continues on to the temple district he spys another potential target one not so keen to the goings on of the city......strange she is not escorted by the mother. This is the oppertunity hes been looking for. Xavier smiles as he approaches the Young Lady Niombi.

Niombi was briskly walking though the temple district. She could almost see the temple of sune. As she rounded the corner to view it a figure on the other side stepped out and they collided. Niombi agile from her training quickly gained her legs under her before she fell. The other figure wasn't so lucky. The man in the robe fell. Niombi helped him up. The man accidently placed his cane on her boot. "Oh dear I'm so sorry miss....oh Lady Haakon it is a pleasure" the man sais as he gets up. Niombi then sees the pin councilmen use to identify themselves. She bows "It was my fault councilman......?"

"Xavier..... I hope I didn't scuff your boot and no no it was my fault for not looking. My you have grown to be a strong woman a tribute to your race." Niombi takes a step back but bows wondering if there were any reason he may have bumped into her just learning that mother was watching him. "I'm on an errand for the family. Its...Its a pleasure but I must retire to my duties." "Oh, I am doublely sorry I have slowed you on your duties. Oh!" he feels his pockets a moment looking surprised. She sais, "What is it Councilman?" He replies, "I seem to have lost......." He puts his hand in up and draws an line down with his index finger. "Forget Niombi." She instantly becomes dazed and starts wondering twoard the temple twoard her goal.

Xavier disappears round the corner. He swings around to an alley not often traveled and works the cane. A syringe falls out with alittle less than an once of blood trapped within it. He Laughs and mutters, "Now! Now! i will have Fiend of the Shadow to help me."

Pysche runs into the temple from the entrance distraught. "Mistress Aoibheil! Mistress Aiobheil!" The High Priestess having tea spills her cup. Her eyes roll a moment and she gets up walking twoard the call. "What is it child I'm here." Pysche slides in and nearly screams, "Mistress! a young Haakon comes!" This is enough for the High priestess to get distraught too.

"Call the guards dont let her into the temple." She quickly puts on a formal gown and rushes to the entrance just in time. She sees the guards visibly upset and the young elder fey ri just starting up the steps. At first she utters a musical note and then in a great voice says "Stop!" The elder Fey ri seems confused a moment then shrugs it off. Aoibheil cringes the command didn't work. She draws deep upon her magic and with her finger draws out a symbol in the air then rushes down to greet the woman. In a quite voice she says "Please stop". Niombi freezes as if paralized a moment then looks at the priestess in bewilderment."

Aoibhel lets her get her wits back in a few moments. The guard seem tense. She looks at Niombi appraising her. The black scaled woman already showed the scars of advanced training her nose has been broken many times and swordscars appeared here and there on her face probably from the mothers weapon. Such a sad race so driven to fight for honor never truely claimed.

Niombi gets her wits about her. Strange she felt dizzy and blacked out a moment. She looks at her target the high priestess and bows to her saying, " Good morning Priestess. I have come at the behest of Lady Haakon."

Aoibhel says, "I know what you've come for Niombi....please take your katana out of your scabbard. and show the guards. Niombi a bit confused by the words but willing to obey slowly unsheaths her sword. When Aoibhel sees the sword she visibly relaxes and so too the guards. The sword was steel and no life breathed within it.

Aoibhel then bows to Niombi, "Thank you Niombi, I see you have the gold. Here is what your mother needs. You are not allowed into the temple. Next time you come alone
please approach us slowly. I will welcome you here." Niombi bows and says, " Yes Priestess I will." "good, and thank you Niombi for the Haakon charity it will go to a good place." Niombi nods and bows. She then turns around and starts to make her way out of the temple district. As she leaves a young acrolite makes a face. Ahoibheil pretends not to notice. A hooded priestess at the back flinches as she watches the acrolite then turns and walks away with her head down....as she leaves a bearly autible wimper escapes her lips.

The Hakkons Packed and moved out of the city home for their home in the country. It was the lands set aside in the elven wilderness for the Tansu descendents. Far enough away from Loc Nordith that the elves didn't have to associate with them. Close enough that the Tansus and their descentants could be watched for any sign of evil within them.

All in the family were in high spirits for the Ancestral home was a place of peace and respite from the squalid city. Haakon and Naoki spoke softly to eachother as they traveled the childern some in the wagon some walking beside played games and generaly had fun. Niombi walked slightly behind Thinking of the test she must soon take and the horror of failure.

The home was three days travel from the city and the roads were well travelled there was almost a passer by or two every day.

It was on the second day in the rolling hill country that they saw it smoke in the valley among a clump of trees. Haakon and Naoki stopped and told the children to stay close to the wagon. Niombi came up and Watched the children.

The couple got no more than 30 meters when Five Elder fey ri flew out of the trees and down in front of them.

Naoki couldnt believe it She swung around and could see Niombi racing up to meet them. A stern look and she fell back. She thought to herself, " Good Niombi take care of the children". She looked at Haakon, "What do you think love 5 to 2?" Haakon looks at the five and shakes his head, " Naoki my love Pelora and Araushunne keep us. I'm old this may be my last battle." "Naoki's red eyes flare a moment, " Dont worry love we've prevailed greater odds I'll protect you as you me, back to back and together forever". She smiles, turns around and pulls the knots holding her swords locked in their scabbards.

Kentaro Couldn't believe the luck he's been having this day. His small group had traversed a way around the dark elves undetected weeks before and finally broke the surface after weeks of fighting only to find themselves in elven surface lands. Luck changes thats the rub. They had started with 10 and are now down to five. Then a group of elven rangers spotted them just yesterday while trying to find a place of relative safety. One of the 5 dead died there just hours before while battling them. Now this. A Knight of some kind with an Elder fey ri. He looked at her black scales. A thadrakian perhaps Tansu. He had thought it was just a ledgend, now it seems the ledgend may be true.

He signals the weakest Akira to peel off to the wagon. Then reluctantly steps forward his blue eyes watching the pair carefully. " Kentaro Ferdenan of house Sator ", he bows. " Naoki Haakon of house Thadrak " she responds.

" Parley"? He asks. She thinks a moment and shakes her head, " You have come where you are not welcome. How you escaped I do not know or care. The fact that you are here means others may come. You cannot return". He nods and draws his swords as his compainons. He sees her roll her eyes and a ring of fire surrounds the pair. Damn more bad luck shes a mistress full in her power. He looks as his katana, makes a small prayer to Tiamat and sets off to find his worth.

While Naoki Speaks she carefully observers them. The wounded one peels off going for the children. little does he know hes entering a wasp nest. The leader looks young hes green scales glisening from a recent molt. Haakon starts praying his sword flashes slightly. she feels his divine energy build as he no doubt feels the warmth of her fire glow. She rolls her eyes up bringing her elemental energy into focas a ring of protective fire rings them in its embraced just as the group hits them. "Swing Love." she ducks as Haakon swings his blade over her head while she parries one of the blows. He catches one in the arm making it useless the elder fey ri trips from the blow and falls. She blocks two more blows. while Haakon gets his bearing then strikes its parried back on her.

The battle eases into a familiar ebb and flow. Her eyes light up for the thrill and feel of worthwhile opponents for they have lived past the first 5 minutes. She lunges catching the wounded one in the throat blood sprays out as half his neck is severed. one down 3 to go. Haakon shows signs of both weariness and blood starting to seep in the weak spots on his armor.

They change tatics and come at Haakon. She spins around his body and yells, "Swing Love!" She misssteps. The swords come in. She cant block all three off balance. She knocks one blade out of the way with her sword. and twists around to face Haakon. "I'm sorry love" as the two blades enter her chest. She smiles up at him, "Now its up to you " She feels the ground coming up to meet her, Then.... Silence.

Haakon Blessed his sword as he could feel Naoki calling on the elemental plane of fire her body against his grew hot as the fey ri crashed into them. Naokis blades whirled around him in defence while he took a shot where he could. The teamwork took years but worked well especially with his aged body tireing so easily. "Swing Love", she cried. He saw it and almost cleaved an arm off the fey ri tripped back and fell. She quickly tears out his throat as he reenters. 1 down 3 to go. He feels the weight of the sword more and more as the battle moves on. Then niombi swings around him knocking a katana out of the hands of one and then turns to face him. NO NO he sees the other two katanas enter her Back.

She looks up to him and says, "I'm sorry love, Its up to you now. He sees her eyes roll to the back of her head and she falls. The strength suddenly flows back into his arms and he becomes a dervish cutting and hacking with no thought to defense. The fey ri are stunned but they fight on. Haakon takes lethal blow after lethal blow as he cleaves a 2nd though the rib cage. His sword sticks in the bone only a moment when he rips it out of the body. the other two go from different directions he twists his hips and slices down snapping his wrist in a belletrix snap It cleaves thought the collar bone of another and the sword exiting below the shoulder severing it from his body.

As he turns to meet the last, a sword goes completely though his side. He looks at the fey ri. Its covered in a dozen wounds itself but smileing. Yes, you have one this time. As he draws the sword out of Haakons body His head seperates from his body. It falls and is replaced by Niombi covered in gore and crying. Haakon smiles at his daughter and falls beside Naoki.

Niombi wanted to help her parents she moved twoard them but a stern look from her mother told her she had to stay back. She gathered her siblings at the wagon quickly. "Swords get your swords!..........Katashi go hide!" They readied themselves as a wind passes between them Tang looked at his belly in surprise it had exploded out of his skin. He Fell The wound would take time to kill him. Niombi chased after the phantom.

The figure turns His White eyes looking upon her. She feels the fear within her and quells it as best she can putting up her guard. He lunges after her, " Ah beautiful! I will take my time and pleasure with you." She blocks him he dances around her and attacks the children Haruto and Ren block him and manage to lunge in on him but hes to fast their blades miss he moves on striking Ichiyo down as if he were but katashi's age.

She moves in again This time with moves her mother taught her The Dance of the Red dragon. They draw together in a deadly dance. They Twist and turn parry and thrust. She sees his look of amusement turn to a look of stern concentration. Asako joins in and tries to keep up with her sister. Niombi feels the ground pull at her and she trips Haruto quickly covers her. Strange she thinks to herself. Sakuro over extenders herself. The fey ri hacks his sword though her thigh and she goes down. Niombi again joins in the frey her siblings giving her room the fey ri has some minor cuts now but her brothers and sisters are fairing much worst she has to do something. She tries the flight of the eagle dancing into the fey ri with his own style. Ren gets a good hit on his wrist he tries to twist it out of the way but not in time before her sword hits bone the wakasaki falls from his hand, he is left with only his katana. She whirls behind him and sees an opening, but as she is about to strike the ground again pulls on her she falls. This time Asako stands over her as she rolls out of the way and back up. Asako no match for a full samuria misteps herself and recieves a katana though her eye. She dies quickly. Niombi whistles. Ren and Harauto Draw the fey ri into her. She looks at the ground a moment and gets an idea.

Haruto and ren pass behind and leave the fey ri to her. She stands solid, no bend no movement like a preying mantis awaiting the next meal. He hits her sword flashing. She parries and draws her wakasaki he passes around her but she simpley turns and doesnt follow. He spins in a return she blocks with her small blade and shoves her katana though his armpit out the opposite side of his neck.

Now that the fey ri is dispatched she must get father to heal the family she felt desprate but their wounds were too far for her to help with some some were gone. Fey ri normaly cannot produce tears or cry but in this moment of deep anguish the tears from her human parent start to show. She looks to her parents. Mother mother is down. Father is fighting for his life. She sees hes covered head to toe in blood much of it seeping out of his own armor. She runs!

As she catches up with him the fey ri puts his sword though fathers chest. She acts almost without knowing her sword coming up and cleaving his neck clean. The head rolls a few feet and the body falls. Haakon Smiles at her and falls. She Screams in infernal, "MOTHER, MOTHER, FATHER YOU CANT LEAVE US. PLEASE HANG ON!" Haakon reaches out his and and caresses Niombis face before he dies. Niombi slumps upon her knees and weeps.

The Young knight galloped quickly down the road from Loc Nordith making his way as quickly as he could to Rock point. Elder fey ri had been spotted in the area and he needed to gather a force to meet them. He carried letters from the elven court asking for assistance and armed men. As he galloped he spotted a group somewhat off the rode. It looked like a battle had just encured. As he veered off to investigate he saw them the elder fey ri bloody with a knight on the ground. The knight was so bloody he couldn't identify what sect he was from but he took out most of the fey ri only a few remained. Bodies littered the ground. He took up his spear and made a charge at the one lying on the ground probably takeing spoils from the corpse.

He was in in full charge when a small boy another fey ri ran to the other and pulled out something. What was it a small crossbow? The boy spread out a golden fan with two black spots on it and flashed it at him. The young knight then realized his mistake. He pull the reins back as hard as he could and was discharged from the horse. He rolled. The boy got quickly out of the way but the woman never moved or notice him as he slamed into her his boot smacking into her throat. She tumbled and lay on the ground.

The boy came up to him. "Sir, can you help my mom and daddy and my sisters and brothers? they did the best they could." The knight looked at the carnage. It was awful the devastation. He had never seen the ferocity of the elder fey ri and now as he saw the ending he was shocked. He went to help the girl but she wouldn't get up she sat up but would not stand. " What happened here? how many survived?" Haruto spoke, There are four of 10 sir Father Haakon and Mother Sensai Naoki are gone." Ren suddenly screams "NO!" and points. All eyes turn to Niombi as She buries her katana in her own chest. Ren again screams, "NIOMBI ITS NOT YOUR..........."

The Ground trembles as a Great magic is unleashed. Phantoms surround the area all those though the ages that have taken the sword in the tansu name gather. The children and knight are stunned. Niombis body takes on a stone cast as if petrified. Her body gets back up on its knees and pulls the glowing katana out dripping with acid. Haruto furrows his brows, " She didn't complete the ceremony she commited suicide what is the precedence for this?" " I don't know Ren replies. The knight makes a sign and holds his holy symbol having no idea whats going on.

The magic fades and Niombi opens her bright green eyes. they show the hollowness that will ever mark the rest of her life.

Written by Winterhawk

Mermut

People of Seirra Na

Post by Mermut »

The Ice Elves and Emeralds Gate

After the Elven wars, the Ice elves realized they were in a much more dangerous environment so sent scouts out to find a new place that was safer for them to build their home .

A scout was sent in each direction of the mountains and was to report back in 60 days .
The way was hard for the scouts ,the mountains are cold and filled with dangers since so much was wild now. The places once thought "safe" no longer were, and the snows shifted many things .

The 60 days passed and two of the four scouts were back with no news of any place suitable .After a rest they went to find the others and came across the third scout frozen to death with a broken leg at the base of one mountain . The elves took his body back to his family .A great storm hit and the elves couldn't go back out for the last scout ... Datur Emerald was still missing .

The storm lasted many many days and all the elves feared Emerald lost to them but they hoped they were wrong . Things were dire for the Ice elves and the people were dying , some from sickness and starvation, others from beasts and creatures and still others went mad .The hunters were being taken first since they had to go out with less and less aid .

At last a cry went up that someone was coming ...
A sick looking and half starved elf stumbled into camp accompanied by a bedraggled dire wolf where he collapsed . The people gathered round and realized it was Emerald and his friend Brenar the wolf **They were quickly taken into a tent and once awake , fed what little was available and waited for any news he could give them .

He ate for a moment in silence and looked up at them as they told of his friends passing . Then they asked the question every one deperatly wanted to hear but were afraid to hear the answer.

"Datur , did you find anything ?"

The weary elf looked at them and slowly very slowly smiled and said," I have come to take you home ."
The elves packed what little they had and took all the people with them following the map in the mind of Datur Emerald .The way was hard and they lost many on the way when at last they found a fissure in the side of the mountain .

Datur stood in front of the fissure and looked at his people and said, " I was almost dead when the storm hit us. MY friend caught a skinny rabbit and we shared it raw under this ledge thinking it would be the last thing we ate . He curled his body in front of mine to shield me as much as he could with his own body and we almost fell asleep . I tried to wiggle a little into the side of this mountain to help him from being so far exposed when we realized this was here and hoping a small cave inside .So I pushed thru and he followed and after a few steps I saw light and felt warmer air on my face and ... please my people i cant explain it .. step in and see what i saw there ..

With those words the people one at a time walked into what is now called "Emeralds Gate".. There was a valley on the other side with a temperate climate . Bold beautiful and now Home to the snow elves .A statue was built for Emerald and his companion wolf and the snow elves live there still .
This is how they got to be in the home they have now The Valley of Belle Mere

Time passed for the elves and they built a great city in the valley secreted away . They had children and there people grew strong and adapted to the climate .Their physical shape changed slightly as well .
They grew taller and were thinner and their skin took on a pale blue to light grey hue . Their eyes were a light color which varied from pale blue,grey or pale green ,even their hair changed somewhat .Where it once had been many shades was now light blond to white or shades of pale blue or even on occasion a pale green .It was attributed to the water in the valley but no one knew exactly why . Some thought it was the high magic used by the elves themselves ,to keep their home hidden .
The city was ruled by the royal family as their people had always been .

By Angelhawk

Mermut

Re: People of Seirra Na

Post by Mermut »

Dagnir-lhug

In the millennia that followed the defeat of the Dragon God’s minions, the sword was passed down along the lines of Elven royalty to the high king Sabaoth, some 3 thousand years ago. Finally that blade disappeared, when Sabaoth and the entire city were buried by an earth-shattering cataclysm.

Sabaoth was a fool, a seeker of glories he was not meant to attain. The Elven Empire had reached the height of its majesty. Its people believed that all manner of art and industry conceivable to mortal minds had already been achieved. Their thoughts moved beyond the mortal toward the immortal. They thought to ascend to the heavens, to connect their world with that of the Pantheon.

In their arrogance, a sect of magi, commissioned by Sabaoth himself, created a rift beneath the city of Rock Point within the tunnels of their dead, at a point where the veil between this realm and what they believed to be the realm of departed spirits was at its thinnest. Thinking to open a doorway to their gods, they instead breached a realm of chaos such as never had been imagined. From this rift poured the Curst and his Dread Warriors.

Seizing the carefully preserved bodies of Elven dead and creating undead minions, they rose up against Sabaoth and his people. With the influence of Dagnir-Lhug,the high king held them back for a time. Had Sabaoth known how to command the sword’s full fury, catastrophe might have yet been averted. But he did not, and pressed by the ever-increasing numbers of his parasitic enemy, he was overcome, killed, and possessed himself.

After that, the undead spread far and fast across the island. Many Elves fled across the seas, counting themselves fortunate in that it seemed the undead did not care to follow. But many more stayed to fight a violent struggle for dominion of the shores. The undead ranks swelled against orcs and goblins, trolls and ogres – no creature was safe.

The Elves were without hope. But at least one group refused to surrender, a warrior sect made up of a handful of those descended from the first mortal wielders of the “Dragon’s Bane” during the Dragon Wars. It was this sacred company who had been responsible for the preservation of the blade ever since, and who could not abide that their king and captain remained in the clutches of the enemy.

Written by Graewerld
DAGNIR-LHUG

In the millennia that followed the defeat of the Dragon God’s minions, the sword was passed down along the lines of Elven royalty to the high king Sabaoth, some 3 thousand years ago. Finally that blade disappeared, when Sabaoth and the entire city were buried by an earth-shattering cataclysm.

Sabaoth was a fool, a seeker of glories he was not meant to attain. The Elven Empire had reached the height of its majesty. Its people believed that all manner of art and industry conceivable to mortal minds had already been achieved. Their thoughts moved beyond the mortal toward the immortal. They thought to ascend to the heavens, to connect their world with that of the Pantheon.

In their arrogance, a sect of magi, commissioned by Sabaoth himself, created a rift beneath the city of Rock Point within the tunnels of their dead, at a point where the veil between this realm and what they believed to be the realm of departed spirits was at its thinnest. Thinking to open a doorway to their gods, they instead breached a realm of chaos such as never had been imagined. From this rift poured the Curst and his Dread Warriors.

Seizing the carefully preserved bodies of Elven dead and creating undead minions, they rose up against Sabaoth and his people. With the influence of Dagnir-Lhug,the high king held them back for a time. Had Sabaoth known how to command the sword’s full fury, catastrophe might have yet been averted. But he did not, and pressed by the ever-increasing numbers of his parasitic enemy, he was overcome, killed, and possessed himself.

After that, the undead spread far and fast across the island. Many Elves fled across the seas, counting themselves fortunate in that it seemed the undead did not care to follow. But many more stayed to fight a violent struggle for dominion of the shores. The undead ranks swelled against orcs and goblins, trolls and ogres – no creature was safe.

The Elves were without hope. But at least one group refused to surrender, a warrior sect made up of a handful of those descended from the first mortal wielders of the “Dragon’s Bane” during the Dragon Wars. It was this sacred company who had been responsible for the preservation of the blade ever since, and who could not abide that their king and captain remained in the clutches of the enemy.

Written by Graewerld