Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Generic Doors are Here!

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

By weeks end we should have the Generic Doors posted on the Vault. :_computer

Watch this thread :_glasse: as I will place a link to it here once the files pass the approval phase!

Keep your fingers crossed, but it should be Friday! :D

Bannor Bloodfist

Happy Thanksgiving and hope it's a great day for you all!

We, at the CTP project, hope that ALL of you have a great day today!

If you are lucky enough to be celebrating Thanksgiving, we hope that you don't eat more than you can hold and that the last piece of pie has your name on it! :z_bounce:

Vault Link

Go get 'em people, and enjoy! :_frizz1:

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

Excellent! Looks very nice. Any plans to release a version without blueprints though?

Also, any plans (or objections) if these were used as placeables for secret doors?

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

[QUOTE=Primogenitor]Excellent! Looks very nice. Any plans to release a version without blueprints though?

Also, any plans (or objections) if these were used as placeables for secret doors?[/QUOTE]

No plans from me. But people are free to do what they like with them :)

I made the the templates because it is difficult to select the door you want without them. In the pull-down "Generic Appearance" list in the door properties box, many of the doors have the same names because there weren't enough different StrRefs in dialog.tlk. For example, 22 of the 24 curtains are just called "Material". If you really want to, you can make yourself a hakpak with the templates taken out. But is there any advantage?

With a bit of cunning, you can use any door as a placeable without it needing to be defined as such in placeables.2da. Place a door and let it snap into a convenient doorway. Then right click on its entry in the left-hand pane and you get an "Adjust Location" option. You can use that to move it out of the doorway anywhere you like. It needs a bit of trial and error, applying co-ordinates until you get it right because you can't just drag it around like an ordinary placeable but it works. It won't snap back.

So, for example, you can place curtains all round the walls of a room that can be opened (to reveal a blank wall or perhaps not) closed and bashed and maybe sometimes one of them turns out to be concealing a transition ... :D

The same technique can be used to place the "Area Transition" door in the middle of the floor or concealed behind a corner anywhere. It lights up when you mouse over it, otherwise it's invisible.

QSW
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by QSW »

Congratulations all of you, they look real nice and I know that a lot of hard work went into fixing up/getting them out :_read2: :mad3: :smile2: :beer_yum:

Lot's of D/L's going on and some real nice people have even voted!

Post by Guest »

Before anyone starts flaming me, I would like to say a congrats to Blood and his team for getting doors out the door.. (no pun intended)

As much as I would like to download them, I won't sit for 12 hours, to complie my PW, for 65 doors, however, I would of done it, if it had been packaged up with the 1st 10 tileset release.

I am not complaining just a mere request of putting the doors with the 1st set of tiles that will be released. Instead of seperate hak, combine em please

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=Xang]Before anyone starts flaming me, I would like to say a congrats to Blood and his team for getting doors out the door.. (no pun intended)

As much as I would like to download them, I won't sit for 12 hours, to complie my PW, for 65 doors, however, I would of done it, if it had been packaged up with the 1st 10 tileset release.

I am not complaining just a mere request of putting the doors with the 1st set of tiles that will be released. Instead of seperate hak, combine em.[/quote]
We plan on having a centralized page to grab all of them when they are released. They will NOT be combined into one huge file though. Way too big.

These doors got released, since we needed to be able to test doors in the tilesets as well. But since the doors don't require shared content, we could give them to you today. We 'gave' you these, NOW, because they can be used NOW, instead of being held onto for no real reason. These doors will work with our sets, but they will also work with other sets/compilations from the vault. Just trying to 'share' content with everyone as quickly as we can! :p:

So, we just wanted to give you something, that works, and works very well, without forcing you to wait until the first 10 tilesets are done.

Now, to answer the next question, which I hear hanging in the air... the 1st 10 tilesets are getting closer to release every day. I still don't have a release date for you though. We are knocking out the bugs on those as fast as we can. However, since they will be sharing some content and will require our master control files etc, we can't release the actual tilesets in pieces like we could the doors.

Believe me, once we have them ready, I will be burning up the dual OC3 Connection here at 'werk' to get these sets up to the vault as quickly as I can.

Post by Guest »

[FONT="Courier New"]I haven't had the time to have a look at the doors in game yet, but from what it appears at first glance, they'll be nothing less than excellent.
So bravo to everybody who contributed with alpha/beta-testing, and in particular to OldMansBeard for the bug-fixing.

I was hoping to see this package out shortly, and I haven't been disappointed :). Thank you
[/FONT]

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Xang]Before anyone starts flaming me, I would like to say a congrats to Blood and his team for getting doors out the door.. (no pun intended)

I am not complaining just a mere request of putting the doors with the 1st set of tiles that will be released. Instead of seperate hak, combine em please[/QUOTE]

Hello. Here's a tidbit you probably didn't know before... :)

After you add the hakpak, while it's compiling, just click "Cancel". The hakpak will still be integrated, and you save yourself the compiling time... it's worked fine for me so far.

And nice work OldMansBeard & the CTP-crew! I really like now it's neatly and thoroughly documented. Congraties & kudos.

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

[QUOTE=OldMansBeard]With a bit of cunning, you can use any door as a placeable without it needing to be defined as such in placeables.2da. Place a door and let it snap into a convenient doorway. Then right click on its entry in the left-hand pane and you get an "Adjust Location" option. You can use that to move it out of the doorway anywhere you like. It needs a bit of trial and error, applying co-ordinates until you get it right because you can't just drag it around like an ordinary placeable but it works. It won't snap back.[/QUOTE]Now that is really interesting, I can use that for one of my other projects. Thanks :)

Also, with the Generic Doors release, I thought Id share some code I developed for the PRC for respawning doors. To avoid cluttering this thread even more, Ive posted it here: http://www.nwnctp.com/forums/showthread ... 7#post4707