To the CTP Team
General discussion about the Community Tileset Project

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Post by Guest »

heh, heh... well, cudos to you all - you guys rock. I've been watching - not doing much more than lurking, but now with the finished project on my compy, and getting to play around with it, I would like to let you know how much I appreciated the "CTP text books" you gave us in the d-load. That means a lot to some of us. I was goo-goo over the doors - but this rocks. I am also glad to know you have not given up on NWN1, or at least I hope ;)

Can we expect a Release 2? And if so - how many releases are in the works?

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Daemon Blackrazor;8054]heh, heh... well, cudos to you all - you guys rock. I've been watching - not doing much more than lurking, but now with the finished project on my compy, and getting to play around with it, I would like to let you know how much I appreciated the "CTP text books" you gave us in the d-load. That means a lot to some of us. I was goo-goo over the doors - but this rocks. I am also glad to know you have not given up on NWN1, or at least I hope ;)

Can we expect a Release 2? And if so - how many releases are in the works?[/quote]

29 releases to follow. One set at a time from this point forward, with the possible exception of some of the rural sets. Those might all come out together. Just depends on how quickly we can knock out the errors.

Forest is next

After that, we will ask peeps which sets out of a select few, they want next. We have to prioritize on what will get used the most, and take the least effort.

9fires
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by 9fires »

Twenty nine? Like 2-9?

Y'alls r crazy!!

So just reading through everything and I noticed something... Whats the control hak?

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=9fires;8058]Twenty nine? Like 2-9?

Y'alls r crazy!!

So just reading through everything and I noticed something... Whats the control hak?[/quote]

Initially, we were going to place all .set files, 2da and ini files in that hak.

But, since most times, you would STILL have to download the individual tilesets to get the fixes, and STILL have to grab a new 'common' to get the fixes, we just eliminated that extra file.

rdx

Post by rdx »

That was 2-9, Bannor made a mistake :p: (I hope) Really, we have many tilesets that were prepared long ago, but there's no point in releasing them in current form.

Kalindor

Post by Kalindor »

Christopher, if more people had the dedication to learning new tools and such like you have, the modding community would have more contributors than fans. (which is good!)

I think I have just convicted myself with that statement, as well. :D

Great work, guys. I am going to start on my long-planned mod with the CTP now.

raven280

Post by raven280 »

[QUOTE=Bannor Bloodfist;8030]
Raven280 did a large number of the screenshots in the Jerl Silvershield Adventure, and many of the shots that are in the Gallery. He also contributed the 'themed' areas in the demo mod. If you got attacked in a few locations, it's because he slipped a few things in on me :p:

.[/QUOTE]

Hey Guys,
I didnt think I had left any of those surprises in the demo :rolleyes: I joined the CTP to see all of the great community tilesets that I was hoping to someday build with.....fortunately I ran into a dragon who convinced me to turn her and her friends adventure into a picture storyboard (thanks QSW). Bannor, Chris, Mask, QSW, OMB, and the rest of the team have been wonderful to work with and I am thankful they have allowed me to tag along and create things with the excellent tilesets they have made here. I am looking forward to working with all 29+ tilesets over the coming months...

Raven280

QSW
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by QSW »

Raven280, the day you popped into the CTP chat room and I was let loose on you, was a lucky day indeed for our team of writers and also the CTP as a whole. (Even if you DID manage to show Jerl in a pair of red underwear in the middle of some swamp with a hussy of a Dryad! Talk about reading our stories and making them a reality :P )

Bannor, yer a Dragon charmer in disguise and you know it, and a wonderful friend Orc face! Chris, OMB, you both may SEEM quiet, but there are a ton of amazing and wonderful things about you both that few notice at first. Your talent and dedication is the least of your fine qualities, and the Dragon got to be the first to make that public :p: It has been my pleasure to know and play with you all who are team CTP.

Now to you lot, the general community: Don't let Orc face or anyone else tell you that QSW did anything but bother, tickle and generally dance about the shout box on the front page. Cos it is a lie. I had fun being a part of a team of writers, and what a team they were! Other than that, I just been hanging about and poking my snout to see if there is anything tasty to eat. (Be warned, CTP do NOT feed their crew, you have to hunt it yourself)

All in all, I don't care what anyone may ever say, I have watched these good folks give months, years of their free time (and not so free time when it comes to sneaking work in when they should be doing their RL paid work!) I've seen first hand how utterly mind numbingly boring bug testing is, time after time after time after....(you get the point) I've watched amazing minds work on new tools to make life easier for testers and fixers, and I have seen the desperation behind the scenes to finally finish a set after so very much hard work fixing/adding/replacing and testing has gone into it, and the joy that another one can be racked up as 'good for release' Truth to tell, i'd rather give birth backwards than do everything this team has over these sets.

So after I have waffled on for oh a few hundred or so words, all there is left to say is, thanks for making a dream come true CTP, and thank you to all those in the community for sticking with them and showing what a grand and noble lot you are by giving thanks and credit where it is due. Man I love this community!

OldSchool

Thanks folks!

Post by OldSchool »

Just downloaded the hak and ran through the demo mod. I will definitely be using these sets in my upcoming module. Much thanks to all of you for the outstanding work.

I have to ask. Were the hostile elves in the elven outpost somebody's idea of a joke? Because my level 1 ranger with no equipment was NOT amused. :lol:

Thanks again!

Silverizer

Post by Silverizer »

It's good to hear that!

We really should make a list of modules that use the CTP.