To the CTP Team
General discussion about the Community Tileset Project

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Sharona Curves

Thanks CTP

Post by Sharona Curves »

before i even get to see these tilesets i just want to thank you for not releasing a bunch of exterior tilesets. i was very . . very surprised to see this. so many people say that hills and terrain and blah blah blah make a module so much better when to me simply nothing beats an original and/or different interior. most of our time is spent clearing out those nasty halls of doom and gloom so with this new tilesets i can see some original prefabs being built by me and others. thank you. thanks bunches!

i am really looking forward to building again with both the gothic tilesets. i helped a friend build a series of five modules for a DM campaign using those tilesets from the vault. they were a little limiting but i must say some of the best and original designs i had ever worked with. the dwarven halls was also a good tileset but the one at the vault had so . . so many bugs it was almost impossible to work with. seeing that tileset in the list brought a smile to my face. :)

finally, finally a decent looking otherworldly desert like the giant one on Faerun is going to be a boon to building. the bioware desert in my opinion was best use a caverns tileset. it was too bright and too "yellow" to be a convincing above ground desert. anyone who has ever been to a desert on earth knows what i mean. having a strange desert setting will be really cool to work with both above and below ground. thanks oodles and kaboodles for that one.

i can comment on the elf city because quite frankly i have no idea what it is and even having it explained to me will not help because in two days (Oh joy) i will be able to explain it to myself. i can just imagine what that one holds in store for me.

i had to laugh at some of the people who said you guys and gals waited too long to release this thing. these people seem to believe the downgrade that is called NWN2 is somehow going to remove people from NWN. what a joke. most people will realize after playing NWN2 that it is simply a downgrade to gameplay with a pretty world to walk around in.

thanks again for doing this. i really look forward to this initial release and the successive releases that follow. thanks.

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

[QUOTE=Sharona Curves;7828]before i even get to see these tilesets i just want to thank you for not releasing a bunch of exterior tilesets. i was very . . very surprised to see this. ....

the dwarven halls was also a good tileset but the one at the vault had so . . so many bugs it was almost impossible to work with. seeing that tileset in the list brought a smile to my face. :)

finally, finally a decent looking otherworldly desert like the giant one on Faerun is going to be a boon to building. the bioware desert in my opinion was best use a caverns tileset. it was too bright and too "yellow" to be a convincing above ground desert. anyone who has ever been to a desert on earth knows what i mean. having a strange desert setting will be really cool to work with both above and below ground. thanks oodles and kaboodles for that one.

i can comment on the elf city because quite frankly i have no idea what it is and even having it explained to me will not help because in two days (Oh joy) i will be able to explain it to myself. i can just imagine what that one holds in store for me.

i had to laugh at some of the people who said you guys and gals waited too long to release this thing. these people seem to believe the downgrade that is called NWN2 is somehow going to remove people from NWN. what a joke. most people will realize after playing NWN2 that it is simply a downgrade to gameplay with a pretty world to walk around in.

thanks again for doing this. i really look forward to this initial release and the successive releases that follow. thanks.[/QUOTE]

*Looks at bannor, then chris, then QSW* Can we keep her? I promise to feed her and water her and everything! Honest!

Humor aside..
  1. You'll love elf city, trust me.
  2. Kudo for being a "recent appearance" who isn't going "Why isn't this being released?" for their first post..
  3. That's a very well stated view of NWN2... I may have to show it to more people, in hopes it will sink in and they won't go "WTF do you mean NWN1's better! NWN2 has horses.. there's no horses in NWN1 !!!!!!!!!111" Or other babbling of that nature.

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

i am not really new. i had to create a new account here because my old one seemed to have gotten lost. i could not remember anything that would allow me to retrieve it so i just decided to create a new one.

i was a very close friend(some would call me relative) of Rich of Forumite. he always spoke highly of this project and the people working on it. this always surprised me since he never really cared for hakpack resources.

i am mostly a prefab type builder. this is how i would help Rich. i am an interior design major in school so designing unique ideas is my specialty. Rich would always have ideas flowing about and alot of times he would give me those ideas to build something specific for him. a prefab if you will. after a brief mourning period i decided the best way i could possibly honor him would be to continue making prefabs but this time i would do them for others.

i now have quite a selection of prefabs for people to choose from at the neverwinter vault. i also do freelance work for people who need that "specific" assistance as Rich would have me do. i find building these very enjoyable and relaxing.

the builder in me has already thought about quite a few ideas for this initial CTP release. my biggest gripe with vault tilesets has always been the buggy state you find them in. some of them are absolutely stunning and you can build area after area with them in the toolset but once you try it in-game you see that mini-map pieces are missing, there are tons of those white blinking edge thingies, or the dreaded walk meshes that make your PC soar above the landscape doing the moonwalk. this has prevented me from actually using them to build with. serious building that is. i can not wait to finally have a dwarven halls tileset that actually works. ;)

thanks again to everyone past, present, and future of the CTP team. having bug free tilesets will be a boon to builders everywhere. having to not worry about problems when combining them together is just gravy on the plate. it always seems for every exterior tileset i want to use there is always an interior tileset that would make the exterior even that much better in my perfectionist building universe. :)

My vault submissions

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

[QUOTE=Sharona Curves;7836]i am not really new. i had to create a new account here because my old one seemed to have gotten lost. i could not remember anything that would allow me to retrieve it so i just decided to create a new one. [/QUOTE]

Chris does periodic cleaning of unused/inactive accounts, else there would be some 4K + members signed up here. When in doubt.. blame big brother.

[QUOTE]i was a very close friend(some would call me relative) of Rich of Forumite. he always spoke highly of this project and the people working on it. this always surprised me since he never really cared for hakpack resources.

i am mostly a prefab type builder. this is how i would help Rich. i am an interior design major in school so designing unique ideas is my specialty. Rich would always have ideas flowing about and alot of times he would give me those ideas to build something specific for him. a prefab if you will. after a brief mourning period i decided the best way i could possibly honor him would be to continue making prefabs but this time i would do them for others.[/QUOTE]

Rich.. man, I didn't know him well, but I'm sure Some of the older members can say a bushel and a peck about him.. As for you.. silly, I know who you are..

[QUOTE]i now have quite a selection of prefabs for people to choose from at the neverwinter vault. i also do freelance work for people who need that "specific" assistance as Rich would have me do. i find building these very enjoyable and relaxing.[/QUOTE]

Your also involved at TBP, and I belive picked up aa lead of D&C as well.

[QUOTE]the builder in me has already thought about quite a few ideas for this initial CTP release. my biggest gripe with vault tilesets has always been the buggy state you find them in. some of them are absolutely stunning and you can build area after area with them in the toolset but once you try it in-game you see that mini-map pieces are missing, there are tons of those white blinking edge thingies, or the dreaded walk meshes that make your PC soar above the landscape doing the moonwalk. this has prevented me from actually using them to build with. serious building that is. i can not wait to finally have a dwarven halls tileset that actually works. ;) [/QUOTE]

Let me just state that fixing that set(dwarven halls) is what caused bannor's hair to fall out...

[QUOTE]thanks again to everyone past, present, and future of the CTP team. having bug free tilesets will be a boon to builders everywhere. having to not worry about problems when combining them together is just gravy on the plate. it always seems for every exterior tileset i want to use there is always an interior tileset that would make the exterior even that much better in my perfectionist building universe. :)

My vault submissions[/QUOTE]

*Chuckle* flattery will get you everywhere. However, you still have to wait for wednesday..

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

i loved the texture of the brick and rock formations in the dwarven halls. it just was ugly to work with. good to see this one in the initial release. i can see PCs going deep underground through caves chasms and so on until they reach the dwarven halls. gonna be great to finally build with that one. i imagine a dwarven citadel. :)

it is no big deal on having my account being vaporized. at least i got my name back. the builders project guild is a great bunch of people from all over the NWN community. the help desk can usually get your technical questions answered.

while i wait i have a couple questions:

CTP is still compatible with the latest NWN Patch? CEP? PRC? CRAP?

and my second question: if bioware decides to add the latest beautiful TNO tileset to standard NWN, what effect will that have on the current CTP project?

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

[QUOTE=Sharona Curves;7873]while i wait i have a couple questions:

CTP is still compatible with the latest NWN Patch? CEP? PRC? CRAP?

and my second question: if bioware decides to add the latest beautiful TNO tileset to standard NWN, what effect will that have on the current CTP project?[/QUOTE]
    1. Affirmative
    2. Should be
    3. Should Be
    4. Probably not. (They do mess with tileset's, althought last I read.. they actually fixed nothing. Should be possible to use both in a module provided builder does deal with the .hak files and straighten out a merged .2da I think.)
  1. Without throwing beans joyfully around the room entire, I will spill a bit.. AFAIK, Bannor and chris are both DLA team members.. Meaning its highly likely no conflict will be forthcomming.
    • That and TNO is probably the least buggy bio-official product in terms of tileset's to date.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Sharona Curves;7873]i loved the texture of the brick and rock formations in the dwarven halls. it just was ugly to work with. good to see this one in the initial release. i can see PCs going deep underground through caves chasms and so on until they reach the dwarven halls. gonna be great to finally build with that one. i imagine a dwarven citadel. :)[/quote]

Ohhh... it's a beauty alright. One of many. It was the first set that I tried to fix. And I spent hours and hours on it... then found out that I wasn't using the latest/greatest version. Gribo, a member of DLA had a more up-to-date version that already had most of the woks repairs done. Not all, but most. So, I had to start all over. However, THIS time, I had OMB on the team. Between us all, we found some 'common' numerical errors on almost every tile. OMB jumped to the rescue and cleaned that whole set. This still left us with some work to do, but man, 100's of man hours were saved by his utilities and his skill. After that, killing the remaining gaps was a breeze. Still had other issues of course, but we nailed those down also.

This set is SWEET now. Might still not quite be perfect, but whatchagonna do?

[quote]it is no big deal on having my account being vaporized. at least i got my name back. the builders project guild is a great bunch of people from all over the NWN community. the help desk can usually get your technical questions answered. [/quote] 90 days I think is the limit here, it might actually be only 60. Sorry about that.

[quote]while i wait i have a couple questions:

CTP is still compatible with the latest NWN Patch?[/quote] Yes AND with 1.69 when it comes out.
[quote] CEP?[/quote] We should be, unless CEP changes things that originally were NOT in their balliwick. We actually encourage CEP usage for at least the Gothic Interior set. CTP has NO PLACEABLES at all. So that set in particular needs some help with placeables.
[quote] PRC?[/quote] Should not be a problem there either. Totally different things being touched.
[quote] CRAP?[/quote] Here, I doubt we will work well together. CRAP has most of the sets we are releasing in it though, except that ours have additions, and/or are completely new. However, having said that, we should not be incompatable either. Only the areag.ini and loadscreens.2da would be a potential problem. ALL of our sets are named uniquely. No conflict with other sets unless someone else chose to prefix their sets with ctp tileset names.

[quote]and my second question: if bioware decides to add the latest beautiful TNO tileset to standard NWN, what effect will that have on the current CTP project?[/quote]

We are 100% compatable with TNO and the other 4 sets released by DLA. Those sets should all eventually be part of 1.69, so we made sure to not conflict with them or the sets released with PotSC and ID. (All official sets).

Tristan Kalaman

Post by Tristan Kalaman »

I am quite dizzy with anticipation...

...or is it the wind?

Anyway, can't wait to get a look at these, especially the Dwarven Halls, and of course the 1.69 patch!

The one thing I can't fathom is the ugly new look of the vault, is there something new coming out? ;)

/Tristan.

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

at the top of each vault page is a button for NWN2 and NWN skins. click the NWN skin and all returns to normal. click the collapse all button on the left hand side and just open the ones you need.

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

1 more day . .

1 more day of life before CTP.

1 more day of lava dungeons and spiky dark underground terrain.

1 more day of flat rock and tracks.

1 more day of drab wood or stone interiors.

1 more day i tell ya.

1 more stinkin day.

the light is visible and i am flying towards it. :z_superhe