Stories in the land of CTP
General discussion about the Community Tileset Project

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Sharona Curves

Stories in the land of CTP

Post by Sharona Curves »

i am putting together some documentation about the tilesets in the CTP release 1. what i would like to do is include a brief story (no more than 2 or 3 paragraphs) about these tilesets. a sort of narrative about an adventure that somehow describes the tileset the short story takes place within.

while the 2 or 3 paragraphs is not set in stone i just want to keep it brief and yet descriptive enough that someone reading those could know that it takes place inside a dwarven halls or a gothic house or whatever.

you can post your stories here, send them to me via PM, or email me them at sharona.curves@gmail.com

if you decide to email me please include CTP Story in the subject. depending on submissions i may use more than one story for each. if i use your story you will of course get credit for your submission in the document. thanks in advance. dig out your quills and tell us about your experience in the land of CTP.

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

ahhh, not to be a smart ass.. but you have seen this correct?

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Mask;8070]ahhh, not to be a smart ass.. but you have seen this correct?[/quote]

Nope. She wasn't missing anything.

I had asked her if she could maybe suggest some other story ideas, things that might open up people's minds for suggested uses of the tilesets.

This is NOT intended to replace the Jerl Silvershield Adventure series at all. In fact, that was included in our first release because I believe that they deserved that extra attention.

Which, in point of fact, they did, and I have already received a couple extra 'thank you' messages for including those in the release.

Anyway Sharona is just attempting to gain some other people's ideas on how the sets could be used. Sorta short 1 or 2 paragraph type things, like maybe a PW would use to introduce a new area or something.

QSW
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by QSW »

Yep, it is a smashing idea! As we all know, the Jerl story is not suitable for this (too long, with details spread throughout a single instalment on any single tileset)

Plus, this idea allows for a real high entertainment factor in a short space, so to speak. Writers will have much more artistic freedom i'm guessing, and I for one cannot wait to sit down with my cuppa tea in one hand, fag in the other and chuckle away as I read. :)

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

my feelings exactly QSW. i posted this request in several places. this same question about Jerl and Co. seems to be a common theme for responses.

so far it seems i might be writing alot of these on my own. i just thought i would offer the chance for others to get their names in the spotlight.

i just wrote a short one about the dungeon re-skin from the tilesets point of view as it watches a doomed party of adventurers meet their demise in front of a mysteriously constrained transparent pulsated crystal of energy. :)

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

i am just about finished with this documentation. i am still looking for a few stories. specifically about the Elven Interior and Lok Dungeon tilesets. i should be putting the final adjustments in late Friday and will submitting the document to the CTP Team for final approval with an eventual public release early next week.

if you want to get your stories in now is the time.

thanks in advance.

QSW
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by QSW »

[QUOTE=Sharona Curves;8083]my feelings exactly QSW. i posted this request in several places. this same question about Jerl and Co. seems to be a common theme for responses.

so far it seems i might be writing alot of these on my own. i just thought i would offer the chance for others to get their names in the spotlight.

i just wrote a short one about the dungeon re-skin from the tilesets point of view as it watches a doomed party of adventurers meet their demise in front of a mysteriously constrained transparent pulsated crystal of energy. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Jerl question seems to pop up way too often :( People don't seem to understand that this is a request for freeform short (1-2 paragraphs) into's for each tileset.

Ohhhh, I like the idea of the tileset telling the story, clever idea Sharona! :)

C'mon folks - we know there is a ton of talent out there - just a couple of paragraphs on a tileset from#1. Make em funny, and take joy in knowing that many will spit their drink all over their comp screens; make em sad and take joy in knowing that people will cry so much they will soak their keyboards and have an electrical shortage :P

I'd offer something up myself, but I've got my head buried in html code and am all imaginitioned out :/

I need to have a laugh or I shall start eating many of the forum members -comfort eating they call it. :_begging:

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

Niberu's Logbook - 2/5/3765

Our long boat had just docked on the shores of Empiru. This great Elven capital city had grown up along these jungled shores. Its housingblended with the natural surrounding.

As we disembarked from our long journey across the great sea, the Elven King greeted us. He had been patiently waiting for us to arrive. The threat to his kingdom was grave as was evident by the darkened burnt out area to the west where the invaders had toppled a large section of the great tree wall.

After a brief rest when we arrived in the sacred grove we would head north to the treetop Elven village of Trie. There we would unite the two elven factions.

It had been a long time since I had seen this land.

Too long.

But now I have returned and will once again restore peace in the kingdom.

Post by Guest »

Ok I got bored Hello QSW, hope you are getting rest. But I decided to see what was going on back in the CTP. One of the things I was hoping to see if it was still here was the Jerl storyline. Probably just one of those ok I put a lot of work into it wanted to see if it had managed to stay interesting to people.

Hello all, I may duck back in now that I am re-registered from time to time.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Merlinious;39831]Ok I got bored Hello QSW, hope you are getting rest. But I decided to see what was going on back in the CTP. One of the things I was hoping to see if it was still here was the Jerl storyline. Probably just one of those ok I put a lot of work into it wanted to see if it had managed to stay interesting to people.

Hello all, I may duck back in now that I am re-registered from time to time.[/quote]

Hiya Merlinious, long time no see'um!

Sorry, the Jerl Links apparently got wiped, along with a 90% loss of older data.

Apparently, i had a wrong check box, checked, when I was attempting to clean out some old posts and wiped out everything that had not had a new post in the last 30-60 days or so. Anyway, that was several months back.

Sorry about that. I had not realized just how much got lost.
CTP Team Lead