What do you, community members, want CTP to work on next?
General discussion about the Community Tileset Project

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

What do you, community members, want CTP to work on next?

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

This thread is a holding location for the community to express what they would like to CTP work on next.

Know this: We DO HAVE sets in work already, so it may be a while before we get to anything requested here. However, we would like to know what the community at large sees as the most 'needed' new set.

Sets in progress:

• Babylon (Desert combo, almost done, this WILL release by End of March 2009)
  • White Wizard (almost done hopefully by March 2009)
  • Moria (almost done, hopefully by March 2009)
  • DLA Sandstone (almost done, hopefully by March 2009)
  • Forest (in work)
  • Tropical (in work)
  • Oriental (May end up being merged with Tropical)
  • Jungle (in work, but also on indefinite hold)
---------------------

Requirements for submission to this list.

1. Original content authors permission to work on their stuff.
  2. If option 1 is not available, then the author must be gone from community for not less than 6 months.
  3. Enough interest to make it worth our time and effort. IE, we can't just start fixing everything out there, we can only devote sooo much time and effort, so it will be on a first come, most wanted, basis.
  4. CTP reserves the right to NOT do a particular set without reservations or reasons.
  5. CTP reserves the right to adjust possible scheduling on any given set.
  6. ANY set worked on will be brought up to the minimum CTP standards. Those standards are posted in various locations here but if any of you have seen any of our sets, the standards are pretty self evident.
  7. We WILL consider adding things to any specific set. IE, adding a specific feature/group to a tileset, but only if we are already planning on working on that original set. We will NOT be adding to default Bioware sets. Project Q is doing that aspect of things, and we will let them handle it.
  8. Full name of any specific tileset (preferably with a vault link), Author's name, a brief description on what the set has that interests you the most, AND any suggestions you may have regarding adding things to it.

---------------------

The above is what we currently have in the works.

So, what do YOU, as the general community, want us to 'add' to that list?

Mecheon

Post by Mecheon »

Caves Upgrade, by Helvene
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... 95&id=6999
This is an upgrade to the Caves, which CEP has already done, but includes streams and tracks, two rather nice looking tiles that would add a lot of value to the set
On that train of thought, adding a lava group, an ice group, and a pit group like in another of Helvene's haks to the Caves group would be nice as well, however this may fall into Q's jurisdiction

Barbaric North!
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=7163
... Okay, I know you guys are working on it, I'm just excited about it and am happy to be able to see the thematic opposite of the desert tileset in the future some time :P
I'd want, as always, various ships in this tileset, plus airships, and some tiles that could serve towards making a large castle or fortress type area, preferably coloured a bit darker than the ones in TNO to give it an intimidating look, kind of like the dark buildings in Lodrezzon's old Netherwind tileset (http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Image.php?id=13065) that give it a darker and more oppressive atmosphere than most city tilesets

Oh, and Oriental Buildings stuck in the Underdark for No Good Reason, however that's a silly project I'm half-heartedly working on :P

Tybae

Post by Tybae »

Ah, Barbaric North was going to be my suggestion too!

Axe Murderer

Post by Axe Murderer »

A good Louisiana style bayou swamp set would be welcomed.

Tybae

Post by Tybae »

Have you ever considered doing some modern tiles? I'm not a D20 Modern fan, but I have seen some of their sets and they could really use some improvement. Chandigar does some beautiful work with his modern sets, but there are other, older sets that really could use some overhaul.

Ariel
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Ariel »

[QUOTE]Caves Upgrade, by Helvene
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...=63095&id=6999
This is an upgrade to the Caves, which CEP has already done, but includes streams and tracks, two rather nice looking tiles that would add a lot of value to the set
On that train of thought, adding a lava group, an ice group, and a pit group like in another of Helvene's haks to the Caves group would be nice as well, however this may fall into Q's jurisdiction[/QUOTE]

I agree on this, those are some sweet cutomizations.

As most of you know I want everthing you can possibly throw into forest as well ;)

Mecheon

Post by Mecheon »

Oh, speaking of forest, one of my favourite tilesets on the vault is the Red Granite tileset, probably because its nice, bright, and really gives the forest a different feel, more of an arid almost-desert enviroment

That cleaned up and given raise/lowerable terrain plus the forest water might be fun, but I understand if its not up to scratch, I just like the feel of the tileset myself

Ariel
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Ariel »

Wow, how did I miss this set? I really like the contrast there. Put me down for red granite as well.

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

Interesting set! It was I think Pre-Sou so without the presence of a desert set, I think I know what it was aimed for.

I don't think it'd work well with our forest, just as we'd be duplicating most of the terrain and then making how many umpteen Green-forest-to-Red-forest merge tiles. But it is quite interesting(and I don't much class reskin's that way).

Mecheon

Post by Mecheon »

[quote=Mask;13449]
I don't think it'd work well with our forest, just as we'd be duplicating most of the terrain and then making how many umpteen Green-forest-to-Red-forest merge tiles. But it is quite interesting(and I don't much class reskin's that way).
[/quote]

I don't think they'd really be necessary, I do believe it has the 'trees' terrain, so people can say "Hey look, you're walking into a forest now". Or at least that's what I use those tiles for :P

Personally I feel it could function much like the Black desert does, mainly a nifty reskin of a pre-existing set to accomplish a function the original can't, while the original gets heaps of add-ons to help its functions. Just giving it a few simple additions (Like water, maybe some buildings, maybe that awesome covered bridge, and also-maybe raise/lower) would really upgrade its function, where as the actual forest tileset would get more many tiles, like how the Babylon desert is much, much, MUCH more expansive and impressive than the black desert, but the black desert still has its own functions that the Babylon desert might not be too good at

Although that might not be too good of an example considering how versatile the black desert is at being random environments, and how damn impressive Babylon is looking, but hey, I've never been good at giving good examples :P