CTP Generic Doors - Gothic Doors
General discussion about the Community Tileset Project

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

boodah

CTP Generic Doors - Gothic Doors

Post by boodah »

In Chandigars original Gothic tileset there is some problem with the included generic doors. Players are able to see npcs behind closed doors and npcs can not only see the players but also walk through doors without opening them.

I'm not sure if this is a problem introduced in 1.69 or if this was a bug all along. As you (the CTP team) included these doors in your CTP Generic Doors hak and the above mentioned problem doesn't occur there, I wanted to ask you, if you realized that problem as well when you compiled the door hak, and if yes, what you did do to fix it.

Just in case you wondering why I ask, this problem is also present in the door add-ons to Chandigars amazing UDP tilesets.

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

I think I can answer that one.

We remade all the door models in the CTP Generic Doors package, to conform to a common standard of non-broken-ness.

Some of the "generic" doors in the original Gothic tileset should really have been "tileset specific" doors so we changed those over and remade those too. From memory, I think that was mostly the "secret" doors that were disguised as pieces of wall but there may have been others as well. I wasn't terribly satisfied with those secret doors and if I did them again, knowing what I know now, I could probably do better. But you can't step into the same river twice. ;)

boodah

Post by boodah »

Thank you for the response.

Sorry if I'm a bit slow here, but what you are saying is, you remade the doors completely, instead of fixing them?

Just to clarify, I was talking about all of the doors included in the Gothic tilesets, not only the ones that were more or less tileset specific.

And by the way, can something like the case I mentioned above have something to do with 2da line-numbers being too high? Or is this likely a problem with the door model itself?

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

Sometimes (quite often in our experience) it's quicker and simpler to make a new model rather than tear your hair out trying to fix a broken one.

As for 2da lines, no, that wouldn't be the reason for what you have encountered. It sounds like you have a broken or missing dwk.

Hope this helps

OMB

Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Chandigar »

Thanks for looking into this Boodah and OMB...

One thing I did notice though... when I was doing the aztec exterior doors that when I had doors inserted above a certain number I would be able to walk through all the doors... but when I lowered their position in the doortypes.2da file they worked fine (exact same door model and dwk).

I've been telling myself to get back into testing the old doors but to be honest, I'm kinda outta it now... just too much stuff going on elsewhere in my life.

Any ideas on that?

Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Chandigar »

I stand corrected... I rechecked what I found earlier and the issue with the doortypes.2da lines resulted in the player character being able to walk through doors. Once I lowered the door number the players were no longer able to walk through walls but I didn't check to see if NPCs could do it still... apparently they can.... so now I'm a bit mystified.