Coulisfu's Oriental Rural TS
General discussion about the Community Tileset Project

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

rolo kipp

Coulisfu's Oriental Rural TS

Post by rolo kipp »

In the comments under the vault entry is
This is one of the greatest sets that has been released on the vault. We, the CTP Team, think so much of this set that we have included it in our releases. We have taken this set, repaired the issues that we could, and added tiles where we thought it would help to expand the usage of this set.
I agree completely with the sentiment, but a quick search of the CTP forums and the vault gives no mention of any further development here.

Is anyone actually working on this?
Rolo Kipp
From Dreamguard on Needlespire, The Gemworld of Amethyst
Humor is the only viable response to pain

Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Re: Coulisfu's Oriental Rural TS

Post by Winterhawk99 »

The last thing we were working on was CTP_tropical in which we were planning to include the oriental tiles from that set, However with the community getting every smaller and the few members we have on the team I think two right now it may not be released.

If we can aquire more team members say at least 3-6 then perhaps it would be doable to complete that and other sets we have on file. Because of the Quality we insist upon for release of a tileset, it's too much to ask 2 people to complete and release a set. We still have 11 tilesets on hold for when we have enough people to work on an endeavor. If that happens Tropical/oriental will be the first set to be released followed by either Forest or Sahvanna
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Re: Coulisfu's Oriental Rural TS

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

In all honesty, it is highly unlikely that this set or the Tropical version thereof, will ever be released for NWN.

I am pretty much moving on to other games now, Skyrim in specifics.

I am sort of worn out on attempting to keep team members interested enough to actually accomplish anything, and I have no desire to do it all alone anymore.

A large, as in HUGE, amount of work was already done on this set, but it is still buggy, and missing some specific tiles that must be created to have the various terrains connect together correctly. I am too burned out on it to create them all. Besides, texture quality wise, this set is still fairly close to original Bioware Rural quality, no real retexturing was ever completed. I don't mean just swapping textures out with others from other sets, that has been done, but the quality of those textures is still just base bioware, low quality stuff. Great in it's day, but a far cry from what can be accomplished.

As to team members, it is just Steve and I, and neither of us much care for modding NWN anymore.
CTP Team Lead