Non-augmented Bioware sets
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Primogenitor

Non-augmented Bioware sets

Post by Primogenitor »

As I understand it, while the CTP is not going to replace any bioware sets, but will include parralel versions with added extras. I know I could start building with any of the bioware sets, but rather than having to go back and re-make areas to use CTP content, Id like to start with content I can keep. So which of the bioware sets are not going to have improved versions in CTP?

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Primogenitor]As I understand it, while the CTP is not going to replace any bioware sets, but will include parralel versions with added extras. I know I could start building with any of the bioware sets, but rather than having to go back and re-make areas to use CTP content, Id like to start with content I can keep. So which of the bioware sets are not going to have improved versions in CTP?[/quote]

Shoot, I built a list at home and apparently forgot to hit submit!

Ok, I will try this again.

These sets will NOT be touched by CTP at all:
  1. Beholder Caves
  2. Illithid Interior
  3. Ruins
  4. Drow Interior
  5. Microset
  6. Sewers
Everything else from Bioware, has at least had content added to it in some fashion.

The two Frozen/Winter sets we have are also pretty far down the list of sets that we will be releasing.

Here is what is coming in release 1:
  1. Black desert (1)
  2. Brick Interior (1)
  3. Cave Ruins (Neveroofers) (1)
  4. Dungeon LOK(1)
  5. Dwarven Halls (1)
  6. Elven City (1)
  7. Elven Interior (1)
  8. Forest (1)
  9. Gothic Estate (1)
  10. Gothic Interiors (1)
Here is the prospective list for release 2: (note that 11 are listed, but only 10 will actually make the cut for release 2)
  1. City Exterior (Expanded Bioware set) (2)
  2. City Interior (Expanded Bioware set) (2)
  3. Desert City (2)
  4. Interiors (2)
  5. Jungle (2)
  6. Marsh (2)
  7. Moria (2)
  8. Oriental Rural (2)
  9. Rural Wildnerness (2)
  10. Tropical (2)
  11. White Wizard Lab (2)
I would expect the City Interior is probably the one that will get cut, but it is also possible that one of the two rural expansions will get cut instead. Tropical will require some adjustment since Bioware is finally releasing a Tropical set with 1.67, so that set may also not make it, but I sincerely hope we can get it fixed/merged with Bioware Tropical in time to make it useful. Our version has a lot of stuff that Bioware Tropical does NOT include.

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

Cheers, this is the information I was looking for :) I can start with the sewers, then move through ruins into beholder and illithid territory :)

One set that seems to be missing on those lists is Crypt, is this due for a later release (block 3+) or did you overlook it when assembling those lists?

Another set that I cant see a direct version of is Caste Interior. Is this going to be a later release, or is there no augmented version because there are several alternatives instead?

raven280

Good Information...

Post by raven280 »

Thanks for this list Bannor,

I was wondering the same thing myself....I assume that builders will still be able to use just those pieces of the CTP that they want (should someone decide to stick with an already built area using the default Bioware set rather than using a new and improved CTP one).

You mentioned in another posting that DLA is going to start helping us with future releases. Do you know if they are planning on letting us work on and releasing the tilesets that they were working on for DLA1 that were never released to the community (such as the cliff set, the walled hills, and the tree houses that are all shown in their gallery)? Those tilesets looked great, but if Bioware isnt going to use them for DD, and DLA is waiting for NWN2 to release their official mod, it would be a shame to not release such nice looking tilesets to the community.

Raven280

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=Primogenitor]Cheers, this is the information I was looking for :) I can start with the sewers, then move through ruins into beholder and illithid territory :)

One set that seems to be missing on those lists is Crypt, is this due for a later release (block 3+) or did you overlook it when assembling those lists?

Another set that I cant see a direct version of is Caste Interior. Is this going to be a later release, or is there no augmented version because there are several alternatives instead?[/quote]

Crypt and Castle Interior are still in our release plans, but they are farther down the list.

There is a complete list of tilesets that we had in our original plans here:

http://www.nwnctp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=642

and the planned release list of tilesets here in this thread.

Sets that are in list one but not mentioned with a release grouping, are up in the air at this point.

We are attempting to give as wide a variety with each release as we can, while also attempting to reduce total amount of time needed to get all the sets out.

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=RAVEN280]Thanks for this list Bannor,

I was wondering the same thing myself....I assume that builders will still be able to use just those pieces of the CTP that they want (should someone decide to stick with an already built area using the default Bioware set rather than using a new and improved CTP one).

You mentioned in another posting that DLA is going to start helping us with future releases. Do you know if they are planning on letting us work on and releasing the tilesets that they were working on for DLA1 that were never released to the community (such as the cliff set, the walled hills, and the tree houses that are all shown in their gallery)? Those tilesets looked great, but if Bioware isnt going to use them for DD, and DLA is waiting for NWN2 to release their official mod, it would be a shame to not release such nice looking tilesets to the community.

Raven280[/quote]

DLA sets are strictly in the domain and perview of DLA. I can tell you that I seriously doubt they would allow the CTP to release something for them though. They would get their sets out first. Which is only right.

CTP has a few sets that have never seen the vault, but most of 'our' content is not 'our' content. Meaning, most of the sets that we are working on were either original creations in their entirety, but had bugs OR were compilations of original works that we have since debugged etc...

So. Direct answer is NO. We will NOT be releasing DLA sets under a CTP banner. I think, (notice I said think) that DLA does intend to release some of their work on the "Solace" set, at some point, but I can't be sure on that. I know I sincerely hope they do. That Solace set, with the village in the treetops is absolutely beautiful... I would have loved to get our hands on that one! No worries though, I seriously doubt that ANYONE with any sense at all will be disappointed in what DLA does release this spring. From the stuff that I have helped to test, well, I still can't find the tip of my tongue which I promptly bit off when my jaw hit the floor... so, if you see the tip of a toungue lying around, please let me know...

Beyond that though, I really REALLY can't comment on what exactly I have seen. Beyond stating that it is wonderful work, and truly, well worth the wait we have all been put through. (Yes, I want their stuff yesterday too...) Keep your eyes open over the next few weeks. I think news is coming on [NDA] stuff.

Grov

Post by Grov »

Went down the release list for the first (!) time, and a dear question of myne arose..
Is the Ruins Tileset (that got cut) the set Cité du ciel by Acropole?

QSW
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by QSW »

[QUOTE=Grov]Went down the release list for the first (!) time, and a dear question of myne arose..
Is the Ruins Tileset (that got cut) the set Cité du ciel by Acropole?[/QUOTE]

No it was not Acropoles' one, if you mean this one: http://zamo.k.free.fr/pgs/cdc01.html

Now that looks to be a VERY nice set indeed, only as far as I can tell from that site, and searching the NWVault, Acrople never released this set.

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=Grov]Went down the release list for the first (!) time, and a dear question of myne arose..
Is the Ruins Tileset (that got cut) the set Cité du ciel by Acropole?[/quote]

Nope. We never found a released copy of that set.

The 'Ruins' that we had originally intended to release, had 3, ONLY 3, additional tiles added to it as feature tiles. Truly not worth the effort!

And to be honest, I can only remember one of those tiles, since I tried to add it myself, a hole in the floor. Since the textures didn't match the rest of the set, and would require more skill than I personally have on that issue, I just cut the set. It trully had nothing warranting a re-release in it at all.

Grov

Post by Grov »

[QUOTE=Queensilverwing]No it was not Acropoles' one, if you mean this one: http://zamo.k.free.fr/pgs/cdc01.html

Now that looks to be a VERY nice set indeed, only as far as I can tell from that site, and searching the NWVault, Acrople never released this set.[/QUOTE]

He never released it, but over a year ago I contacted him for some info bout his sets.
He then directed me to the CTP, telling me he handed over his work.
I assumed he meant all sets.
Last week or so I asked again, and now a more cryptic answer..

So.. one and one put together means Acropole still has the set.
Shame, looks darn good too.
I'm gonna go for some serious buttering up a frenchman I think!