Non-augmented Bioware sets
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Grov

Post by Grov »

[QUOTE=Grov]He never released it, but over a year ago I contacted him for some info bout his sets.
He then directed me to the CTP, telling me he handed over his work.
I assumed he meant all sets.
Last week or so I asked again, and now a more cryptic answer..

So.. one and one put together means Acropole still has the set.
Shame, looks darn good too.
I'm gonna go for some serious buttering up a frenchman I think![/QUOTE]

Job done. Acropole has joined the boards.

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

We approached Acropole nearly a year ago asking if he would give us his random tiles. He even briefly joined the CTP project to help out with some tiles for our Forest tileset (sorry, cannot confirm this).

I recall even sent some tiles to Banshe the former CTP project lead. I do not know what happened with those spare tiles? I don't even know for certain that Banshe ever recieved anything.

In a project this big, as you loose people things get lost. :_cry2:

acropole

Post by acropole »

Hi,

I've send all the tiles from fdo ( including unreleased tiles ) and lost city tilesets to banshe last year + extra tiles for the marsh (some details + snake statues / circle).

QSW
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by QSW »

[QUOTE=Acropole]Hi,

I've send all the tiles from fdo ( including unreleased tiles ) and lost city tilesets to banshe last year + extra tiles for the marsh (some details + snake statues / circle).[/QUOTE]

I'm almost sure the snake statues/circle is in the marsh, mebbe even a ruin. I wonder what happened to the ruins though :/

Acropole, it is a pleasure to meet another CC'er who's work many of us admire :)

acropole

Post by acropole »

[QUOTE]it is a pleasure to meet another CC'er who's work many of us admire [/QUOTE]

*become red* :o

I'm a simple builder, you know.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Acropole]Hi,

I've send all the tiles from fdo ( including unreleased tiles ) and lost city tilesets to banshe last year + extra tiles for the marsh (some details + snake statues / circle).[/quote]

Acropole, apparently Banshe forgot them when he handed all the tiles over to us as he was leaving the team.

Would you be willing to ship them to www.yousendit.com and send the email link to bannor9 (at) gmail.com please?

I know we love your work and would love to include those updated tiles for sure!

acropole

Post by acropole »

sadly I've lost an hard drive a few month ago. I've found a save of the fdo and the cdc on a dvd, but I don't found anything from the lostcity and the marsh tiles I've build for the ctp.
I send you the fdo ones.

Does someone know if there is an add-on to bioware's dungeon tileset with rise/lower elements ?

Darklight

No AZTEC?

Post by Darklight »

but... but... I see chandrigar in here all the time...

his new aztec interiors / aztec exteriors is not in?

*sniffles* Aww guys. And you're making me wait for Oriental Rural until release 2.... :(

Well, I understand how much work it is. And I really want to use CTP, really I do... But looks like I'll have to wait for the obscure packs, and that'll be after I start laying down geography, I am beginning to think.

I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Primogenitor

New Bioware sets

Post by Primogenitor »

Okay, now 1.67 is out and stuff I was wondering where the 2 new bioware sets fit into the release plan.

Im assuming the Bioware Tropical would be merged into your tropic set thats scheduled for release 2? Or is higly likely to be, at any rate.

What about the Sea Caves? I cant see anything similar on the list, so is it "safe" to build with this one without having to worry about it being superseeded by CTP later?

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Primogenitor]Okay, now 1.67 is out and stuff I was wondering where the 2 new bioware sets fit into the release plan.

Im assuming the Bioware Tropical would be merged into your tropic set thats scheduled for release 2? Or is higly likely to be, at any rate.

What about the Sea Caves? I cant see anything similar on the list, so is it "safe" to build with this one without having to worry about it being superseeded by CTP later?[/quote]
Yep, totally safe.

Any original Bioware set is safe.

Even if we 'expand' an original, it will come in listed as a 'new' set in the tileset options in toolset. So, totally safe to build with standard bioware stuff.

Doing this though, means that the area can not be 'converted' to use our sets. Not even just renaming the set used in an .erf would work since we do so much to the .set file and .itp, the area would be trashed anyway, and would probably hang the toolset.

Now, to your other question(s).

Tropical:
Yes, we will be taking pieces of the Bioware tropical set and adding it to our release. I am not sure if everything will come over or not, but I can specifically state that we intend to 'borrow' the beach tiles to incoroporate with what we have already built for Tropical. I think we are basically using the same Bioware Rural as base that Bioware did with Tropical, so I would imagine that most of the groups would already be included, and the work done on those. We will probably also grab the new ships included in there as well, which will end up giving you so darned many ships in our version that you are going to be begging for mercy!

Seacaves:
We currently have no plans on this one at all, but that may change in the future, depending of course, on how much labor is involved. The Seacaves set is a sweet set all by itself. It could, possibly, use some additional groups or features added, but at this point, we can't really take the time to look. Let us get release one out the door, and hopefully release 2. Then we will have time to re-evaluate what other sets may be needed/added/removed from release plans.