Enviromental maps and tilesets
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Primogenitor

Enviromental maps and tilesets

Post by Primogenitor »

Just wondering if youd seen this thread: http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic ... 8&forum=48

Basically, it the enviroment map isnt set correctly, shiny surfaces (such as armor) become transparent. Not that you guys/gals dont have enough work to do, but I wondered if this was part of your standard tests or not. It looks like biowares crypt suffers from this problem too.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Primogenitor]Just wondering if youd seen this thread: http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=488798&forum=48

Basically, it the enviroment map isnt set correctly, shiny surfaces (such as armor) become transparent. Not that you guys/gals dont have enough work to do, but I wondered if this was part of your standard tests or not. It looks like biowares crypt suffers from this problem too.[/quote]
Yes, we test for that, or at least, we request that the people doing testing carry a shiny sword with them and verify that it is working correctly.

The other side is that we are setting the environment map, AND also using the areag.ini settings, so that should be covered as well.

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

Cool :D Id guessed you guys were checking this, since your far more competent than me, but this was the first time Id ever heard of this so I have no idea how much of the community knows of issues like this!

Michael DarkAngel
ctp: No
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Michael DarkAngel »

For those interested, I figured out why I saw what I saw. See told ya I wasn't going crazy.

See Through Armor

If you look closely inside the red box, you can see a line made by the floor behind the NPC right through her chest.

Caused by turning off Environment Mapping on Creatures in the video settings.

This unfortunately is something that no matter how hard you try, you will not be able to fix. Short of removing environment mapping from all armor.
MDA
TBotR
"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience