addons for the bioware tilesets?
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

addons for the bioware tilesets?

Post by Guest »

Hello, i wana know if the CTP will include addons for the original bioware tilesets (like the CP_Tiles 3.0) that overwrite the originals, or if only includes tilesets and addons that dont overwrite the bioware originals.

thanks for all

(Sorry for my english, im spanish but im very intereted in the ctp proyect)

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=_aku_]Hello, i wana know if the CTP will include addons for the original bioware tilesets (like the CP_Tiles 3.0) that overwrite the originals, or if only includes tilesets and addons that dont overwrite the bioware originals.

thanks for all

(Sorry for my english, im spanish but im very intereted in the ctp proyect)[/quote]

Both.

Our expanded city set adds tiles. It also repairs a few.

There are reskins that will be optional sets as well. Not sure if the city is included in those, and I just don't have time to search right now.

However, what this means to you as a builder, is you can open an area that contains settings built with the original tilesets, and copy/paste them into an area based on the expanded CTP City Exterior set with no problems, then add stuff from the CTP as you wish.

You will NOT be able to go the other way though.

Anyway, the expanded CITY set is pretty far down our release list. Not in anyway coming soon.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the reply!

[QUOTE]However, what this means to you as a builder, is you can open an area that contains settings built with the original tilesets, and copy/paste them into an area based on the expanded CTP City Exterior set with no problems, then add stuff from the CTP as you wish.[/QUOTE]

I supose that i will have a tileset called " CTP City Exterior" with the new addons, and the original bioware tileset "City Exterior" without changes?

in that case, can i use the "CP_Tiles 3.0" (overwriting a lot of original bioware tilesets) and the "CTP tilesets" without lost any of the CTP tilesets?

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=_aku_]Thanks for the reply!

I supose that i will have a tileset called " CTP City Exterior" with the new addons, and the original bioware tileset "City Exterior" without changes?[/quote]
Yes, exactly.

[quote]in that case, can i use the "CP_Tiles 3.0" (overwriting a lot of original bioware tilesets) and the "CTP tilesets" without lost any of the CTP tilesets?[/quote] I don't know on this one. I have never seen the 'CP_Tiles' that you are speaking about, and was not able to find them on the vault.

I would suspect though, that they would NOT be compatable with the CTP sets. Primarily because you would have to edit the .set/,itp files so that they did not interfere with each other... This is NOT something that the CTP can do for you.

As to overriding the original Bioware sets.. that could also be problematic. If the CP_Tiles hak is higher than the CTP haks, then it would take precedence, and it's tiles (that replace original bioware tiles that is) would be overwriting what the CTP tileset would be looking for.

This might work, but probably won't.

Post by Guest »

sorry, really "CP_Tiles" didnt exist, im wrong, his name is 'DC_Tiles ver 3.00' by Pasilli. sorry for the mistake.

this is the vault link:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ha ... il&id=4551

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

Our forest set is based on Na's DC tiles. I was not aware that Pasilli had done any work on Na's sets. Pasilli is one of the grandfathers of the CTP project. Many of the custom compliations were built by him.

Sadly, health issues ended Pasilli's envovement with the project in early 2005.