What model...?
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

What model...?

Post by Guest »

If I wanted to change the background tile in the elven exterior tileset from plain grass to forest looking, what would I want to change the model to in the edge 2da for that set?
I noticed that ingame, the background tiles are just plain grass (no trees) like the bioware forest. Well, there was a fix (altered edge 2da) made some time ago that I use to this day, and was wanting the same thing for the Elven Ext. set. So that it looks like trees going on into the horizon rather than a field of grass :)

Z

nevermind

Post by Guest »

Nevermind, I got it now. It was just a matter of finding the right mdl file to use. Excellent tileset btw :)

You can delete this thread if ya want ;)

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=OmegaDM;8227]Nevermind, I got it now. It was just a matter of finding the right mdl file to use. Excellent tileset btw :)

You can delete this thread if ya want ;)[/quote]

Heck... and here I was digging for the answer for you :)

No worries. That's one of the things we should have 'caught' during final test round and apparently missed. It WAS discussed and actually planned for, it just got missed. :shutup:

I can't keep track of everything... I try, but I keep slipping. I will have to ask OMB if he can code me up a memory tool. Something to zap my brain back into full function (Good luck with that one OMB!) :eek:

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

[QUOTE=Bannor Bloodfist;8232]I can't keep track of everything... I try, but I keep slipping. I will have to ask OMB if he can code me up a memory tool. Something to zap my brain back into full function (Good luck with that one OMB!) :eek:[/QUOTE]

I can do you a hardware solution.

It involves a few lumps of clay and a pointy stick. Whenever you think of something you might forget to remember, you make little pointy-stick marks in the clay that look like the thing you want to remember.

You have to remember to look at the lump of clay sometimes and puzzle out what the pointy pictures meant, but that's easier than remembering everything. :confused:

It's a good system. It was invented by an ancient Chinese philosopher called Wu-Ri-Ting although two Egyptian guys from the Second Dynasty called Ca-La-I and Sh-Ti-Q always claimed it was theirs and was given to them by aliens.

Only teasing.

When you get old, it gets worse. You'll see. Only yesterday, I went to the refrigerator to get a teaspoon. :rolleyes:

CWebb

Post by CWebb »

[QUOTE=OldMansBeard;8233]When you get old, it gets worse. You'll see. Only yesterday, I went to the refrigerator to get a teaspoon. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Apparently, having kids does that, too... There must be an INT penalty applied to parents during the first few days/weeks (years?). Funny what happens when you come back to the computer after a couple of hours and realize that the Aurora script editor is open and there's a half-finished function call at the cursor. "Now, what was I doing?" :rolleyes:

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=OldMansBeard;8233]I can do you a hardware solution.

It involves a few lumps of clay and a pointy stick. Whenever you think of something you might forget to remember, you make little pointy-stick marks in the clay that look like the thing you want to remember.

You have to remember to look at the lump of clay sometimes and puzzle out what the pointy pictures meant, but that's easier than remembering everything. :confused:

It's a good system. It was invented by an ancient Chinese philosopher called Wu-Ri-Ting although two Egyptian guys from the Second Dynasty called Ca-La-I and Sh-Ti-Q always claimed it was theirs and was given to them by aliens.[/quote]

I think I have met those aliens personally. I keep putting notes into the clay tablet, and when I go back, they don't make any sense. I am pretty sure I had carved something in there yesterday... but when I looked this morning, it was all garbled. Looked something like this '\/BT'. I couldn't for the life of me, remember an accronym using those three letters. However, that letter 'B' had some suspicious mounds on it, and there looked like some claw marks in there. I asked my cat's about it and they gave me this funny look. (I think THEY are the aliens).

Anyway, when I got to work this morning, there was a message from the Veternarian... seems that my cat's had an appointment this morning to visit the doctor. Oh well, now I have to go and get them rescheduled.

[quote]Only teasing.

When you get old, it gets worse. You'll see. Only yesterday, I went to the refrigerator to get a teaspoon. :rolleyes:[/quote]

But that's where teaspoons go!?! Of course, I never could figure out how to get a quart of milk in the drawer next to the fridge. Oh well. It tends to stay fairly fresh, as long as I remember to grab a cold teaspoon from the fridge and keep it in the milk on the counter.

intriguing

Post by Guest »

Ok, just gotta add my 2cp to this...

yes, kids apply a huge penalty (a little something like negative 2x your score) which you slowly can regain one point per year starting the year after your youngest moves out... :eek: If, you don't start having the next issue about age...

yes, old age is a leading cause. I've heard that the memory is the second to go (can't remember the first)... :D

...and thats all I can say on the subject, (or at least, all I can remember at this point :rolleyes: )

@ Bannor - did you still need the answer to the forest tile mdl isssue. I can send you my altered 2da if ya want to take a look at it ;)

Z

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=OmegaDM;8227]Nevermind, I got it now. It was just a matter of finding the right mdl file to use. Excellent tileset btw :)

You can delete this thread if ya want ;)[/QUOTE]

Minor suggestion: instead of deleting the thread, maybe post the answer to your own question.

Topics like this tend to come up every now and again, and having the answer here and there is good for ye search engines and ye new[er] builders & lurkers.

Cheers,
-Dave

the fix

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=shadguy;8323]Minor suggestion: instead of deleting the thread, maybe post the answer to your own question.

Topics like this tend to come up every now and again, and having the answer here and there is good for ye search engines and ye new[er] builders & lurkers.

Cheers,
-Dave[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I guess ya'll would want it as well :D

Simply open up the hak file "ctp_exp_elf_city.hak" and extract the 2da file tcee0_edge.
Open this file in a text editor like notepad, and change the model of line 0 and 2 from "tcee0_Z01_01" to "tcee0_p01_01"
Close it, selecting to save changes, and then place this 2da into your top hak file... or make a new one,... As long as its in a hak above the "ctp_exp_elf_city" hak (or replaced within) then it'll work.

Rebuild the module and thats that ;)

Z

Post by Guest »

Good stuff - thank you kind sir. :)

-Dave