CTP Problem?
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

CTP Problem?

Post by Guest »

Hi, i was wondering if some one could please help me..i'm at my wits end ??

I'm fairly new to the toolset , however i've made 2 mods for inclusion on the server i play on (which are included now).

I've made a 3rd mod for inclusion, and after testing in singleplayer mode and over Lan, there didnt seem to be any problems. I then sent this to the head Dev for inclusion...

He then emailed me back saying he had problems when merging with the server mod, and could i try it with a fresh copy of the server...I added the areas..no problem, BUT when i went to try it out in single player or over the Lan, it crashes 100% of the time on the load up screen..

After rotating and taking out the 4 areas i created, i narrowed it down to one area that was causing the problem... It's the elven city exterior area (which is the main area ), but there isn't anything different in it than the other 3 areas (scripts traps etc).

My friend suggested this may be a CTP problem, so i've come cap in hand asking if anyone has entcountered this problem before, and what i should do to correct it please?

I've spent 3 weeks making the area and dont want to lose all the work i have done creating this mod..

PLEASE HELP

MANY THANKS !!

lord rosenkrantz
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

You should try to provide more details on what's going on. For a start, create a copy of your module, delete all traps, encounters, creatures, placeables from the area, and all scripts from your test module.

Then see what happens, and note down any error messages you could possibly get in the toolset

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=parky73;36434]Hi, i was wondering if some one could please help me..i'm at my wits end ??

I'm fairly new to the toolset , however i've made 2 mods for inclusion on the server i play on (which are included now).

I've made a 3rd mod for inclusion, and after testing in singleplayer mode and over Lan, there didnt seem to be any problems. I then sent this to the head Dev for inclusion...

He then emailed me back saying he had problems when merging with the server mod, and could i try it with a fresh copy of the server...I added the areas..no problem, BUT when i went to try it out in single player or over the Lan, it crashes 100% of the time on the load up screen..

After rotating and taking out the 4 areas i created, i narrowed it down to one area that was causing the problem... It's the elven city exterior area (which is the main area ), but there isn't anything different in it than the other 3 areas (scripts traps etc).

My friend suggested this may be a CTP problem, so i've come cap in hand asking if anyone has entcountered this problem before, and what i should do to correct it please?

I've spent 3 weeks making the area and dont want to lose all the work i have done creating this mod..

PLEASE HELP

MANY THANKS !![/quote]

Not sure how much help we can provide, but I am willing to take a look at it.

Send a copy of the empty mod with that one area pre-built. Use www.yousendit.com and post the link in here or give me a PM with the link (do PM if you want to keep that area 'hidden' from your pw people.)

There is possibly a problem with one or two of the 'groups' in that set, and we are slowly working out the few bugs that were reported to us on those.
CTP Team Lead

Post by Guest »

Reduce all your video options to the minimums, then load your mod and see what happens. Could be something that your video card can't handle (the video in the toolset is different than that in game).

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Bannor Bloodfist;36440]Not sure how much help we can provide, but I am willing to take a look at it.

Send a copy of the empty mod with that one area pre-built. Use www.yousendit.com and post the link in here or give me a PM with the link (do PM if you want to keep that area 'hidden' from your pw people.)

There is possibly a problem with one or two of the 'groups' in that set, and we are slowly working out the few bugs that were reported to us on those.[/QUOTE]

Thankyou Bannor, i've sent you a PM, hope it's okay? :mellow:

Much Appreciated

Post by Guest »

Hi Bannor...resent the module via yousendit...hope you get it this time

Thanks

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=parky73;36451]Hi Bannor...resent the module via yousendit...hope you get it this time

Thanks[/quote]

Yep, taht time it made it.

I can't check it from here at work, but I will check it when I get home tonight... about 4 hours or so from now.

No promises that I can figure it out, but I will certainly try.
CTP Team Lead

Post by Guest »

Many Thanks ..i wont get it until i get back from work tomorrow..almost midnight now...so will check tomorrow around 3pm my time

Thanks Again :)

Post by Guest »

Okies....i've renamed a few of the tags, but now i get an error code when trying to open the area up in the toolset: "list out of bounds (249)", then the toolset hangs and won't react

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=parky73;36474]Okies....i've renamed a few of the tags, but now i get an error code when trying to open the area up in the toolset: "list out of bounds (249)", then the toolset hangs and won't react[/quote]

remove cep_tiles.hak or whatever it is called.

That will probably fix that error. The CTP tilesets are NOT compatable with the CEP tilesets.
CTP Team Lead