CTP and compatability
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

CTP and compatability

Post by Guest »

first i'd like to thank you for having a site like this where people can ask the questions they need answers to =) much appreciated. Now, I know that CTP has been made compatable with CEP2 and im pretty sure it was compatable with PRC as well, but what else can it be used with. i presently have a mod using C.R.A.P. 3.12, will i be able to incorporate CTP into this mod. it is currently running a merge of CEP2 and CRAP3.12 and works well. i would really like to add the content of CTP to this mod as well, there is some really nice stuff in CTP, but i dont want to sacrifice anything i already have =/ . Does anyone know what i can do ?

Blizz

P.S. im sorry if this has already been brought up, i looked over your forums and used the search function and didnt find anything about it. also i apologize if this topic is taboo,im not really sure if any of these project paks are in competition =/. and, thanks so much for any help i get =)

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=blizz;36849]first i'd like to thank you for having a site like this where people can ask the questions they need answers to =) much appreciated. Now, I know that CTP has been made compatable with CEP2 and im pretty sure it was compatable with PRC as well, but what else can it be used with. i presently have a mod using C.R.A.P. 3.12, will i be able to incorporate CTP into this mod. it is currently running a merge of CEP2 and CRAP3.12 and works well. i would really like to add the content of CTP to this mod as well, there is some really nice stuff in CTP, but i dont want to sacrifice anything i already have =/ . Does anyone know what i can do ?

Blizz

P.S. im sorry if this has already been brought up, i looked over your forums and used the search function and didnt find anything about it. also i apologize if this topic is taboo,im not really sure if any of these project paks are in competition =/. and, thanks so much for any help i get =)[/quote]

We have not tested against other tileset haks. At all.

I would suspect that things would work, with the possible exceptions of areag.ini settings (default wind/rain/sunshine settings for areas) and possbile load screen issues if you choose to use the ctp_loadscreens etc.

Edit: Note, I forgot about the doortypes.2da issues also. ANY tileset that has tileset specific doors (ALL CTP sets do, so do most others) will have to have a doortypes.2da file. These would have to be merged and the resulting doortyoes.2da placed into a new, toplevel, hak to get them all to play nice together. Problem is, if you change/renumber doors in doortypes.2da, you affect any tileset that had doors using that changed number.

What I would suggest, make a copy of your currently working mod, rename it just to be safe. Edit that copy, add the CTP tilesets to your custom content section and then save the mod. Close it, re-open it, and try to just view each of the areas that you already had created. If no problems, then try to create a new area with CTP.

if you make it that far, you should be fine.

I would try it with all the CTP haks as top level haks first I think, but I am a bit biased on what things I would want to take priority! :)
CTP Team Lead

Post by Guest »

thank you for the swift and pleasant response, much appreciated =) i will try that post haste =D

ctp crap compatibility

Post by Guest »

Blizz did you ever get the CTP and CRAP/CEP mod to work together? IF you did what order would they need to be in to get this to work?

Mick

petekwando

Post by petekwando »

I'm curious about this as well. I'm scheduled to go live with a new campaign soon, and I'd really love to combine all these, but with limited time to experiment, I'd love to hear what results others have had.

Bannor Bloodfist

Please note that there will be updates to ctp_common immediately following the FINAL 1.69 release from Bioware.

These updates will include fixes to make doortypes.2da compatable between ALL currently released CTP sets and Bioware's NEW TNO sets. (We thought we had them already compatable, but Bioware changed a few things on us).

We will also be patching/updating the loadscreens.2da and the Genericdoors released.

This type of update may be necessary for ANYONE using custom tilesets of any sort that uses tileset specific doors and that did not use a number high enough away from Bioware reserved lines. Lots of tileset specific AND new generic doors were/will be, added by 1.69.

Fortunately, Bioware upped the limits of max number of tilesets to 100, and fixed the issues with loadscreens numbered higher than 256. This will give CTP a chance to finally add loadscreens for the sets in release 2 (those beta sets) and get our patches out for those sets, along with the new content that is coming from us shortly.

Don't expect anything other than 1.69 compatiblity fix on 1.69 release day, but shortly after that, I hope to have some more sets ready and uploaded to the vault.
CTP Team Lead

Bannor Bloodfist

Just an update, the patch for CTP_Release 1, to make it compatible with Bioware's 1.69 final release, is already on the vault!