General usage restriction questions thread:
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Look, apparently I 'misread or misinterpreted' what was said here. If I have offended anyone here, I whole heatedly appologize, but you have to also see it from my point of view. Folks demanding things, NOW, well, it ain't happening right now.

So, to clarify things just so everyone gets the real answer.

Yes, we WILL upload a single download file at some point in the future. Not real soon though, as there is too much involved to get everything patched at once.

We have patches for a few of the release 1 sets, that MUST be tested before uploading. We also have to patch Babylon to overcome the few errors that slipped by us with the first release of that.

Once those several sets are done, again, we will upload them back to the vault, both as individual sets (which the vast majority of builders AND players requested) and as a single download for those few that really want a single download.

That patch is in the works, but it is running side by side with OTHER work we are doing, and it is not the highest priority.

We are currently working on a Forest expansion set, before OR at the same time as that release, we will combine all the patches we have, and get all of them uploaded to the vault, along with a single file download of all the sets we currently have out there.

The reason the previous single download file was removed, was because it was created using a self extract/install utility, that was apparently NOT working for everyone. You can no longer see the comments posted on vault about it, but there were several complaints about it not working, most especially for Vista folks.

When you combine that problem, with the long wait on getting files transferred from vault FTP to actual web page, it just made me feel that the priority was much lower than continuing to work on other things for release.

It WILL happen, just not sure when.

Tybae

Post by Tybae »

[quote=Bannor Bloodfist;14286]The reason the previous single download file was removed, was because it was created using a self extract/install utility, that was apparently NOT working for everyone. You can no longer see the comments posted on vault about it, but there were several complaints about it not working, most especially for Vista folks.
[/quote]

Right click and run as administrator is the fix for that on Vista. Self extracting archives must be run that way.

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

A-hem.

[quote]CTP_Full_1.5.7z
Submitted: 09-24-2006 / Last Updated: 05-17-2009 size: 147.6Mb

Due the incessant requests of heathen builders with far too much time to bug us.. we give you Full_1.5 Now then.. can we get back to Like.. making tilesets and such? Please? [/quote]

File Description lovingly created by Mask.