General usage restriction questions thread:
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

General usage restriction questions thread:

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

This thread is here to help answer any usage questions you may have.

Please be sure to read our Creative Commons License before asking questions.

CTP setup our package(s) as uniquely named tilesets, using reserved name space in 2das where appropriate and NOT overwriting standard Bioware resources after we had discussed these issues with module builders and Persistent World builders.

Requests by those same folks stated that they wished the sets to remain as individual sets, instead of being merged into a large 'combo' type hak. Primarily to allow builders the choice of which sets were included in their modules.

CTP has striven to maintain those qualities throughout each of our releases.

We sincerely hope you enjoy our collective works, and encourage you to do so. If you run into issues, PLEASE contact us so we can help resolve them. If you run into BUGS, absolutely let us know. We have collectively spent thousands of hours striving to make our works as bug free as possible, but we are only human and may have missed a few.

dsabrae

requesting the following be provided by ctp

Post by dsabrae »

Redistributed as part of another compilation HAK?

* No

I dont mind giving credit where credit is due in fact I use most all of these tiles in my PW however given the number of haks I use its a PITA for my players to grab 13 haks or so in addition to the PRC and behemoth thats CEP.Thats a lotta downloads and of them the only ones I can somewhat limit are tilesets so how about it can we have a Official CTP mega hak?

sorry I did NOT see
"Requests by those same folks stated that they wished the sets to remain as individual sets, instead of being merged into a large 'combo' type hak. Primarily to allow builders the choice of which sets were included in their modules." as the license page lacked that info. If this is still a priority its understandable, but counterproductive, at least in this case as builders would like to use these sets, but 16 downloads when 1-4 would suffice means time to cut. So how about it any chance we can get a official CTP package that is somewhere less than 16 downloads for those wanting to use more of this content? Cause if we gotta cut we gotta cut but its sure not a desire.

suggestion- keep the haks split but add in a all in one download of them and people can still hunt and pick which to add AND only be tasked with one click instead of 16 when downloading.

Estelindis
dla: No
TBotR: No

Post by Estelindis »

One download containing numerous haks is not a bad idea. What do the rest of ye think?

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

I seem to think we had one at one point, but since you can only upload 20 MB files to the vault without needed Vault admin to associate it.. managing a single cohesive download could be quite troublesome.

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

You can ftp large downloads to the vault with ftp access that BTP will give you.

Bannor Bloodfist
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=winterhawk99;14153]You can ftp large downloads to the vault with ftp access that BTP will give you.[/quote]

Yes, you can, the problem is, that he takes forever to respond when you send him an email asking him to update things... he also tends to ignore requests for adding the descriptions that you provide etc...

But yes, it is possible to create a single download.

Downside is, that folks would be required to re-download the entire package each time, and believe me, that 'package' is getting rather large now (I think someone fed it 'Extenze'!)

dsabrae

Post by dsabrae »

170 meg doing a quick run by the numbers which isnt so big when next to some of the other sizes. I do admit from my own experience that they can be a little slow to respond however you can update your own descriptions without need of a admin being involved also. As the content changes the large download would or you would need do the old standby of "replace ctp_newcontent" with "This ctp_newcontent hak" if they were too slow to respond.

In any case thanks for the consideration.

Estelindis
dla: No
TBotR: No

Post by Estelindis »

I have found BTP fine. He's never taken more than a week to do anything for me, and in some cases he only took a day. :) We can make a 7z archive and YouSendIt to him (in parts, if necessary; he could then reconstruct it into one, I would hope).

JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Maybe CTP could go the update route with Acaos's erf tool? That way, you could offer the big, single download and still let folks update it with small changes instead of downloading the whole shebang again. As for the general usage restrictions . . . well it's probably best if I don't comment. Thanks for all your hard work, and I wish CTP well.

dsabrae

SO not to be a pest here

Post by dsabrae »

But would the CTP team be willing to provide this? Failing that, I would like to request the ability to host said file for use on my PW. A little feed back on this would be greatly appreciated as im in the midst of remaking my server at this point and it would be great to include some of this content again.