CTP - To wait or not to wait - That is the question...
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Banshe]Well, for custom tilesets, the CTP versions of the tilesets are incompatible with any other version out there. So if you downloaded tileset A from the vault and used it in your mod and tileset A was in the CTP, you would either have to:

1) Remake the areas with the CTP version of tileset A
2) Keep your vault version of tileset A as a required download for your users.

With bioware expanded tilesets, with a gff editor and/or set and itp editing, you can manage to fit your custom content with the CTP custom content. Its basically the same principle as adding two rural haks to your mod. Say coast and hills. You would have to either make them seperate tilesets (i.e. have a rural coast and a rural hills tileset) or you would have to combine the set and itp entries.

For pre-exisitng areas, you could use the gff editor to change the tileset that a specific area uses.

Important: None of the changes mentioned above would be made in the CTP files. Any changes or customization that you would do would be placed in a seperate hak above the CTP haks in the hak list.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* I figured there would be some issues. The problem is perhaps the timing, This would have been nice to have had first, even before the CEP. If I ever start out with something fresh I'll be sure to use it, but I can't say for certain if I will ever start all over again. It seems to me that it will cause to many problems for me.

Server vs. Player

Post by Guest »

I might have missed this somewhere but, If the server uses CTP do the players have to download it as well?I know very little of HakPacks,and what little I do know most the time doesn't apply.
thx for your time

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Farmer]I might have missed this somewhere but, If the server uses CTP do the players have to download it as well?I know very little of HakPacks,and what little I do know most the time doesn't apply.
thx for your time[/quote]

Yes, however, think of this more like the CEP. MOST players will grab it anyway, since there will be a lot of Persistant Worlds and a LOT of single player mods that will make use of these sets.

The advantage to releasing these as a set, like the CEP did, is that the builder can use them, and the player only has to download ONE copy, instead of grabbbing a copy for each module or world.

So, build with the CTP once it becomes available. You shouldn't have to force the players to download all those individual tileset haks that you might otherwise have to force on them. Just tell them to grab the CTP!