New enviroments?
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Primogenitor

New enviroments?

Post by Primogenitor »

I was thinking, with all the new tilesets you guys (and possibly gals, I dont know) it seems logical to add new enviroment options (those lighting / fog / etc presets). Its quite straight forward, simply add new lines to enviroment.2da In particular, I would like to see some more tileset specific ones and/or ones that have a skybox by default. For example, a desert enviroment preset that includes dusty fog, redish lighting, and the arid skybox.

Would this be in the scope of the CTP?
Would you consider adding some new enviroment presets?

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

It's been awhile since I thought "out of the box" on our project. It has not been discussed but it is certainly worth looking into. We are deep enough in the project that 'new' content is more in the way of bug fixes. We want to get this project completed and out to you as soon as our time permits.

Thank you for the suggestion! I am certainly interested in the idea.
:z_bokmal:

Banshe

Post by Banshe »

This is an excellent sugestion...

Up till now, I was not entirely sure there would be an interest in such a thing. However, now that it is here on the forum boards, why not.

There is an interest so we would be happy to oblige. Its a fun little project so I don't think it will be too hard to talk one of our members into it. ;)

Post by Guest »

this might be an older thread but I was thinking....

Why not add like blood rain and acid rain, or even bug swarm effects since you just have to copy an already existing effect into the enviroment.2da

this might be a lazy way around adding effects but in theory it shouldn’t take more then a day or two to figure out

Darklight

That is SUCH an excellent idea

Post by Darklight »

Also, some presets for more normal lighting -- most of Bio's lighting is almost dismally moody.... and that's fine for the official campaign, but "bob's peaceful halfling farm" should have clear sunshine or sometimes light rain, not "washed out" ambience....

I also like the idea of new environmental effects.. has that been done before?

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Darklight]Also, some presets for more normal lighting -- most of Bio's lighting is almost dismally moody.... and that's fine for the official campaign, but "bob's peaceful halfling farm" should have clear sunshine or sometimes light rain, not "washed out" ambience....

I also like the idea of new environmental effects.. has that been done before?[/QUOTE]

I knew a guy two years ago that had costom emitters for Acid rain ect.

Also not sure if you know much about filters for lighting but the first light option is main and the second is a filter so you can make normal light with Yellow and white, I’ll see about having a guy make me a program to add active X controls to the nwn tool-set, maybe that would make a lot more color options open, he might just tell me no or it cant be done so no promises