The best of all possible CC combinations
Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

The best of all possible CC combinations

Post by Christopher »

Ok, this thread could get real busy. NWN has been out for what eight years? The custom content community has been building and merging and retextureing models and icons and scripts of every sort. So, where to start?

Christmas vacation is almost here (kids off from school) and I have time off. I want to have fun with NWN and building!!! Yes, I will squeeze in some bug fixes but what the hell have have I been working with the CTP for? Three years and God knows how many hours on this website or 3dsmax? Time to cut loose and enjoy the game!!!!

Now, I want to maximize time on toolset and fun! Less time on mucking with finding custome content. So in the interest of optimizing my time I am looking for combo collection idea's!!!!

Spill your favorites or educate me on my poor choices. To start with I was looking at these. It's a start don't come down on me like a ton of bricks.

1. CTP Release(s) By: us of course
  2. More Doors By: Tiberius_Morguhn
  3. Community Music Pack By: Tiberius_Morguhn
  4. Community Skybox Pack (CSP) v2.1 By: Chaos_Theocrat
  5. Castle, City, Rural & Below Expanded (CCR&BEX) v5
    By: Chaos_Theocrat
  6. WoRms (9) New Tilesets (non-beta)
  7. Aztec Interior 1.2 & Aztec Exterior By: Chandigar
  8. Barbaric North Tileset (Beta 1.1) By: Chandigar & s030363l
  9. Cellar Tileset By: Tom_Banjo
  10. Classic Dungeon 0.9.1 By: maxam
  11. DLA Sewer Tileset By DLA Team (will fix up)
  12. Rocky Mountains - Immersive Swamps - Hut Interiors - Marble Elven Interiors Redux By: lord rosenkrantz
  13. CEP v2.2 (Community Expansion Pack 2.2) By: CEP Team
  14. RK Placeables Pack - 34 Fir Trees, 50 Stone Statues, 30 Crystal Spiders By: lord rosenkrantz
  15. Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 By: Ragnarok_mr4
Ok, in order to fit all that I am more then willing to merge a few haks. I do not want to play with 2da settings if I can help it. Other then DLA sewers that needs some work I hope to dodge the bullet except for some door adj.

Now the hard part as it is uncharted territory for me. Scripting :o I cut & paste so I suck. I have never taken the time to understand much or it.

I was going to jump ahead and use the following;
This baby is packed! Full of systems that are tested to play nice together. I would prefer to getting it hooked up with NWNX2 rather then the Bioware DB but that might be to big of a leap. Vuldrick's work has the following;
[QUOTE]
Vuldrick’s Universal Base Module
VERSION 071308 with CEPv2.1

- Feature packed base module for construction of SP/MP/PW/DMed/Non-DMed modules
- Allows people with little to no script experience to build a powerful and feature packed module with persistence
- HIGHLY CONFIGURABLE allowing those from any gaming and building style to benefit from the power of this base module

With this complete, tested, and highly polished base module, you should be able to build any type of module you want. The only scripting that will be ‘required’ of the builder involves modifying constant variables in a few include files; its as easy as opening the script and following the instructions on what numbers to change. If you do need to have special “extraordinary” scripting for some part of your quests this system will not be able to help you with that.

Report all bugs and suggestions to vuldrickgarrison@yahoo.com

I want this to be the best and most universal base module available so please give feedback on features you like, don’t like, and things you want to see changed.

The documentation is not complete yet, although it is already extensive. I will be updating the documentation as I find time to do so. When the documentation is complete, I plan to offer multiple file formats such as html, pdf, etc.

For now, a partial list of included systems:

HABD VERSION 1.3
Knat’s PWFXP XP Distribution Script V2.0
CS Resting
Neshke's Extendable Spawning System
Idillicus Subrace System
Vuldrick's Vampire Subrace
Vuldrick's Werewolf Subrace
Random NPC Populater
Jasperre's Improved AI - v1.3
Player Guild System - Build 4.1.5
Vuldrick's Persistent PC Spawn Point System
Vuldrick's Flexible Pantheon & Church System
Vuldrick's Elemental Dangers and Traps
Migrating (Respawning) Trap
Vuldrick's Universal Quest Manager
DMFI HotU DM and Player Wand Package
Vuldrick’s Persistent PC Banking
HotU Wild/Dead Magic System v1.04
Party Loot Notification System 1.04
PQJ - Persistent Quests & Journals
AnchorDeep Message Board System v1.21b
Vuldrick's Searchable Library
Vuldrick’s Flavor Text System
Vuldrick’s Flexible Interactive Sings
Vuldrick’s Trash Cans
LasCivious Area Clean Up Script
Merchant Clean 2.0
Enchanting
Vuldrick’s Custom Drinks
Interactive Door System
Persistent World Clock System
Persistent Player Item Storage 1.00
Subdual Damage
Sir Elric's Stop Swap v1.2
Laymens method of Pickpocket(PVP) Prevention
Bioware Books Be Gone
Vuldrick’s Rule Breaker’s Curse
Real Torches
Vuldrick’s Spell Hook

AND MANY MORE THAT YOU CAN CHECK OUT IN THE DOCUMENT PROVIDED!
[/QUOTE]

Ok, fire away what have I missed? What would you do differently? Party Time! And please don't drown me in non-CEP 2.2 compatable haks (yeah, sorry about that).

Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Winterhawk99 »

if you want to expand the default tilesets winterhawks addon series is good......I am kinda bias on that.

gaogangs pentegrams and circles

sunjammers tilemagic system. you might want to play alittle bit with the 2das for that if you want more than the package has in default fx

shipwrecks tile placeables. they are buggy since they have a kind of phantom walkmesh. Ive used this bug before for planular areas and to get strange magical effects.

i would also combine alot of the nwn2 to nwn1 conversions The George has made for the community.

anyway thats a pretty good list for you to think about :thumb:

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Your absolutely correct on SunJammers Tilemagic work. I forgot about that system and I have all the files and documentation on it.

I will look at your work winterhawk99. I would hazzard a guess that gaogangs pentagrams and circles got absorbed into CEP (unless they are tiles?). I know that a lot of the george's work got sucked into the latest 2.2 release. That may go for the shipwreck placeable as well.

Thank you!

raven280

Post by raven280 »

Hey Chris,
I am in the same boat....military is giving me two weeks off for the holidays, so its NWN time for me too. I can personally give big thumbs up to maxams classic dungeon, the CMP, barbaric north tileset, and the CSP (of which I have used all them alot). I have always like the DLA sewers, and I would love to see someone fix that one up. Rocky mountains was good too, but it has been awile since I played with that one.

Maxam is working on a new tileset called versitile dungeon that looks really good, but not sure where he is on it. A guy named hardpoints recently made a sewer roof hak that adds sewer ceilings to existing sewer tilesets, and it looks really good in game....he also just made a crypt version, but it didnt upload onto the vault correctly. Anyone out there ever done anything with the PRC?

...by the way, MASK is really good with scripting...he helped me awile ago on my PW.

Six

Post by Six »

Personally I think my own tilesets are fairly good.

:p

Tybae

Post by Tybae »

Nice list, Chris. There are a couple I'd add.

Wildlands Tileset by SixesThrice
City Bridge Hak by Michael Dark Angel
Arcadia City Tileset by ValenDyral
More Barrels by Tiberius Morguhn

Wolfsoul

Post by Wolfsoul »

Ive been skimming the vault again lately... still looking into making a nice campaign
Would help if I could script
But anyways.. found plenty of stuff..
The community projects.. prefabs.. scripts.. let me go through my downloads and I will put up my list when Im done

Wolfsoul

And as for scripting..

Post by Wolfsoul »

Tybae

Post by Tybae »

[quote=Wolfsoul;14098]Ive been skimming the vault again lately... still looking into making a nice campaign
Would help if I could script
But anyways.. found plenty of stuff..
The community projects.. prefabs.. scripts.. let me go through my downloads and I will put up my list when Im done[/quote]

Try learning using Lilac Soul's Script Generator. It goes at things a little backwards sometimes, but it serves its purpose. The Lexicon is an invaluable tool too. It's still being updated for 1.69, but hopefully that will be done soon.

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Just posting a note, I noticed you linked back to my OLD aztec exterior set... the new one is located here http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=6048 and I think is far and away and improvement over the old one. I've been tempted to delete the old one entirely but have been keeping it around for compatibility purposes.