Tilesets?
This is an area for community members to show their custom content work and/or projects or ask for feedback.
Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Tilesets?

Post by Chandigar »

Just an informal poll... what tilesets do people think are majorly lacking right now? I know interiors are pretty sparse...

Also, is there a good halfling/hobbit interior done? I can't check from work. If not, do you think that a hobbit interior should actually be hobbit sized? Or scaled up for human+ sized pcs?

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

tight spaced tunnels in my opinion are lacking in variety. the only good one i have found is included with HotU but it has its limitations due its climate and lack of vertical options(up/down).

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

along those same lines what would be really cool would be to have an entire tileset built using the maze hedges from your gothic interior reskinned with a stone texture and maybe some random rubble. this would allow small even 4x4 areas to create some amazing mazes. no mini-map included. :)

s030363l
ctp: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by s030363l »

[QUOTE=Chandigar;8560]Just an informal poll... what tilesets do people think are majorly lacking right now? I know interiors are pretty sparse...

Also, is there a good halfling/hobbit interior done? I can't check from work. If not, do you think that a hobbit interior should actually be hobbit sized? Or scaled up for human+ sized pcs?[/QUOTE]

Chandigar I beleive a really good swamp set or a good non themed reskin of your aztec redux to a plain jungle set would be extremely helpful and of course their is always the much wanted mountain themed set because of the poor quality of the ones available.

raven280

Post by raven280 »

I have never seen an internal hobbit type tileset, but one of the rural tilesets we used for the Jerl stories had some really neat exterior hobbit houses built into the sides of hillls.........

Tiberius_Morguhn

Post by Tiberius_Morguhn »

[QUOTE=Sharona Curves;8565]along those same lines what would be really cool would be to have an entire tileset built using the maze hedges from your gothic interior reskinned with a stone texture and maybe some random rubble. this would allow small even 4x4 areas to create some amazing mazes. no mini-map included. :)[/QUOTE]

something already exists that may fit your bill :

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.Detail&id=1380

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.Detail&id=6812

Mecheon

Post by Mecheon »

Defiently interiors are lacking. I was trying desperatly to dig around for some nice ones recently to make vaguely elemental-based temply things

As a person, I'd like a nice mine-style tileset. Though what I'd absolutely love is a labrinthine tannish brick ruin with several areas where water flows and lionhead statues burst forth flame, which larger ones spurt out waterfalls which fall into ramps of water which eventually lead into underwater areas. Combine with some spear-traps and sections where powerful currents threaten to pull you into spikes and you have... What? I just described Labyrinth Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog? Don't be silly, I haven't played that game for weeks!.... Days!... Hours!... Minutes!... Seconds before making this post!

Yeah... I just like the concept of a water-filled ruin like in Sonic, there's no real equivilent in NWN. Closest thing is me using large ammounts of water placables, which doesn't really come out the same...

Nissa_Red

Post by Nissa_Red »

I concur with Mecheon, and I'd like to extend the request to multi-level cliffs/caves.

Even if the recent DLA "TNO" tilesets broadened our options to create cliffs (above water), I'd really like to see more of such cliffs that are raised by more than just one level above ground, that we can walk on, and stare down on a forest, a valley, a village or a deeper cave.

Without falling back to create a new full-fledged working mountain tileset, which seems like a task of titanic proportions to me, the "height" dimension is probably the most lacking from NWN1 and adding such cliffs would add tremendously to any rural exterior, forest exterior or cave interior tileset.

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

[QUOTE=Tiberius_Morguhn;8575]something already exists that may fit your bill :

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.Detail&id=1380

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.Detail&id=6812[/QUOTE]

the first one can essentially be done with the gothic exterior mazes and the lighting textures and shadows all work correctly in chandigars version instead being all eskew. the second one is not really what i was looking for. i was looking for something more tight fitting instead of corridors. cool looking though with some neat tiles and no real issues i could find.

what would be nice is simply to have the hedge mazes retextured to stone and maybe a ceiling added and minimap removed. it would be a very very small tileset but quite useful.

lord rosenkrantz
ctp: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

[QUOTE=s030363l;32413]a really good swamp set [...] would be extremely helpful[/QUOTE]

You might want to try this one out.