New mountains tileset
This is an area for community members to show their custom content work and/or projects or ask for feedback.

Post by Guest »

Hello, hello!:-)
I saw on the vault that you slowly getting close to release this fantastic work:-P Do you have some news for us?:-)

lord rosenkrantz
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

Currently the only news are that I got a flu and I'm barely able to get up my bed. But in the next days there should be some better news

Tiberius_Morguhn

Post by Tiberius_Morguhn »

[QUOTE=lord rosenkrantz;37126]Currently the only news are that I got a flu and I'm barely able to get up my bed. But in the next days there should be some better news[/QUOTE]

Hope you feel better soon! ^_^

Getting Active Again

Post by Guest »

I have been in dead water for about four months now waiting for ctp mountains. You should have no problem beating them hehe.

I’ve also put in a request to join Lands of Anphillia, it might help me pass the time if I spend more time learning from players how the combat system works because all my creatures are lame in combat.

Hope your feeling better!

Kalindor

Post by Kalindor »

Played around with the set in the campaign editor today, and it is exactly what I have been looking (waiting) for to make the many mountain settings I have planned in my module. I just can't stand the rural set's nasty ziggurat mountains. My only concern is that the tileset looks worlds more intricate and detailed than Bioware's and will appear as though the players have stepped from a 2002 game world right into a 2006 game world. :lol:

lord rosenkrantz

Oh well, you'd just need to only use recent content for your mod, so players won't notice the difference <_<

I hope I'll be able to release the first beta soon, I just recently got very tangled up in the development of the PW I am (mainly) building the mountains for.
We plan a careful but solid use of custom content, which needs to be merged (when we are lucky) or reworked and adapted to our standards and vision (when we are unlucky). The nature of the gameworld we are building makes the work to be a real challenge, as we aim to create a realistic and heavy roleplay-oriented environment.
Soon LoA building system should be available though, which will integrate the use of CTP R1, CEP2 (*sighs*) and most probably C.R.A.P.

lord rosenkrantz

Alright, here a couple of screenshots of the native buildings I am creating. What do you think, do they fit well in the tileset settings? I have in mind a slightly halfling-oriented visual style, does the material show it?

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/lord_rosenkrantz/Rocky%20Mountains/th_mountains_alpha_52.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/lord_rosenkrantz/Rocky%20Mountains/th_mountains_alpha_51.jpg[/IMG]

Some textures are still temporary, like the stained glass window and the cobblestone, but the final effect will be similar

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Those buildings look pretty good. Except I am not real sure about the texture for the roof, it looks like it may be either too low a quality or stretched, something, like there is a frosting at the edges of each row of shingles.

Otherwise, they look pretty interesting.

You will of course, need some decent tileset specific doors for those! :)
CTP Team Lead

lord rosenkrantz

[quote=Bannor Bloodfist;38806]Those buildings look pretty good. Except I am not real sure about the texture for the roof, it looks like it may be either too low a quality or stretched, something, like there is a frosting at the edges of each row of shingles.

Otherwise, they look pretty interesting.

You will of course, need some decent tileset specific doors for those! :)[/quote]

Ah yes, the roof texture is another temp one, it isn't stretched, I am just using some bioware's stuff (I think this one is the forest tileset roof texture, an attempt to emulate multi-layered roofs without modelling them). For the final version I am planning to try with either hard wood or straw. Or anything else that looks good ^_^

Post by Guest »

This is just a thought, but can the roofs be walkable? There isn't to much use, but it could be nice to be able to place hiden archers or something similar atop roofs. If not its fine, but I though I might as well ask.

Thankyou,
Owrtho