Barbaric North Tileset
This is an area for community members to show their custom content work and/or projects or ask for feedback.
Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Chandigar »

[QUOTE=lord rosenkrantz;34181]What about using a narrow vertical border? If your angle is significantly greater than 45 degree, maybe it could be a solution? Not sure though, I still need to test vertical borders myself, but at the moment it seems to be the most likely approach I'll use for the raisable terrain, as I want to use high slopes[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll be honest with you, I have no idea what you mean by a narrow vertical border :) I look forward to seeing what you mean in action though!

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

[QUOTE=Tiberius_Morguhn;34156]
EDIT: CRAP. You said "New Winter Tileset" and its called "New Snow Tileset" so you already started with my suggestion. Ugh. Anyways, my next to last sentence still stands - can we have the original tileset trees/forest as an option?[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

I suppose its possible... but they'll look very different and won't play with each other at all. The heights are quite different too (the original ones are about the height of trees in suburbs... not ancient firs). I'll leave the decision in S0303's hands though, since this is his baby and I'm mainly just helping him with it.

lord rosenkrantz

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

[quote=Chandigar]Ok, I'll be honest with you, I have no idea what you mean by a narrow vertical border :) I look forward to seeing what you mean in action though![/quote]

Hehe, I guess my bad english is starting to strike then. I also take I got more chances to explain what I mean by making a few tiles and posting screenies. Assumed that what I have in mind can actually work, of course, and it isn't a stupid idea right away (chances are it is)

O:)

raven280

Post by raven280 »

[QUOTE=s030363l;34053][CONCEPT IDEA]

[NEW CONTENT]

Chandigar has been concentrating on all new content to increase the flexiblity of the set as well as offer lots of new tiles more along the lines of the barbarians. He has already completed the new mountains which are walkable along the snowy paths, he has created new trees more along the northern woods type such as pines and firs. He has also built a new viking longship. Planned creations are being discussed but may include such things as a nordic style church, yurts, a pallisade crosser, torches along the mountain paths, a viking longhouse, a funeral pyre, possibly a half made ship, a mine entrance and a cave entrance among others being discussed, not all will make the cut but I expect most will [no guarantees]. The new tile building has just begun so bare with us.

[/QUOTE]

I know that Chandigar was fishing around awile back about already custom created interior hobbit type sets like hovels and such, and I was wondering what you guys have planned for interior sets? I would love to see realistic house interiors with wood and thatch, a true interior gothic style church, and LOTR style hobbits dens/tunnels... Having just seen a really obscure viking movie the other day called Eric the Viking ( a comedy from twenty years ago), I would love to see some one build asguard and valhalla too :)

s030363l
ctp: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by s030363l »

[QUOTE=raven280;34598]I know that Chandigar was fishing around awile back about already custom created interior hobbit type sets like hovels and such, and I was wondering what you guys have planned for interior sets? I would love to see realistic house interiors with wood and thatch, a true interior gothic style church, and LOTR style hobbits dens/tunnels... Having just seen a really obscure viking movie the other day called Eric the Viking ( a comedy from twenty years ago), I would love to see some one build asguard and valhalla too :)[/QUOTE]

We have discussed collaberating on a few sets.

He would like to do a labrynth tileset, a hafling/hobbit type of interior set, a Egyptian tileset, a Roman/Greek tileset, and others just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I would like to do a gnome warren tileset, a true good ship interior set but I think Lord Rosenkrantz is doing that I'll have to check, a little broader gothic set as Chandigar Gothic Estate set is beautiful but I would like to see a more Gothic style tiles such as a church and castle with steep cliffs plus a complementary interior set.

We both would like a deep jungle set, a nice swamp/marsh type set, but hard to decide until we are complete with this project and I value his input as this was my idea so the next will be his.

This set will have viking overtones but only as defenders of their territory trying to stop the more civilized southerners from stripping their land of its valuable resources.

Estelindis

Post by Estelindis »

I can't wait to see how this turns out! I love the original tileset by Xerx, and the expansions and clean-up work that you're discussing sounds very promising. Good luck! :)

s030363l
TBotR: Yes

Post by s030363l »

[QUOTE=Estelindis;35600]I can't wait to see how this turns out! I love the original tileset by Xerx, and the expansions and clean-up work that you're discussing sounds very promising. Good luck! :)[/QUOTE]

Progress has slowed over the holidays hopefully to pick up in the beginning of the new year. I'm working on it and I can hardly wait. Thanks for the vote!!

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

lord rosenkrantz

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

Good to hear that, now I just need to see if I can fit a barbaric north environment in the PW I am developing :lol:

Sherincall

Post by Sherincall »

The screenies look very nice.

And they probobly can fit in LR's PW. :) :ninja: :ninja: (Lorriette):ninja: :ninja: