More Storage
This is an area for community members to show their custom content work and/or projects or ask for feedback.
Tiberius_Morguhn

More Storage

Post by Tiberius_Morguhn »

Just wanted to let you know that a couple of side projects I finally finished and got posted on the vault:

More Crates : http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=34511&id=7018

More Barrels : http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=34511&id=7129

I am working on a 'More Chests' hak now and finishing 'More Doors v4.0'. Hope this is useful to those still building with NWN1. O:)

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Tiberius_Morguhn;37059]I am working on a 'More Chests' hak now and finishing 'More Doors v4.0'. Hope this is useful to those still building with NWN1. O:)[/QUOTE]

I noticed, nice work.

Do you take requests? When your making up the new 'More Doors v4.0', can you add in some nice looking doors that fit in with the CTP Dwarven Halls theme?

Tiberius_Morguhn

[QUOTE=Ardimus;37066]I noticed, nice work.

Do you take requests? When your making up the new 'More Doors v4.0', can you add in some nice looking doors that fit in with the CTP Dwarven Halls theme?[/QUOTE]

I am finished with all texturing and modelling work for MoreDoor v4.0, just finishing up some details and packaging. I could delay just a bit for this addition though. Do you want wood, stone, metal or all three? I have not played with the Dwarven Halls set extensively but I will see if I can't fit something appropriate in. If you know of any photos or similar style texture you would like to see, forward me a link so I know what you want. Thanks.

Post by Guest »

If your done, that's fine, it was just a request.

My imagination at the moment has taken a hike, so that "inner eye" of seeing textures and setting enviroment styles is on hiatus. I can't think of any textures at the moment, I'll just go with what's available. Sometimes, it helps me to ask others for ideas to get my imagination going again. ;)

Thanks.

lord rosenkrantz
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

Some runes on a stone door, that spell some dwarven word? Or maybe, cut and paste some decorative texture from the dwarven halls itself and reproduce it on a door (maybe some nice painting, or some carved/embossed image?

Btw, I am integrating your "more" haks into the material used for a PW i am working on, expect soon to see some praising on the vault <_<

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=lord rosenkrantz;37092]Btw, I am integrating your "more" haks into the material used for a PW i am working on, expect soon to see some praising on the vault <_<[/QUOTE]

Done and done! Well deserved! ^_^

On the More Crates, I added a few comments, and I would try to do it myself, but for the life of me, I can't seem to add any texture to anything I make in NWMax ( I usually change the texture manually in a pre-existing MDL via Textpad and then change the look of that on the existing model, *sighs* yeah, the long hard way around, but it works for me. I got the gMax Bible, but I still haven't figured it out yet....... )

I'd like to see some variety, those long thin crates that you ship spears and polearms in, or oriental types made of rattan (hamper like) with the wood pole going along the top for two people to carry between them, or those slat crates, which you can see through, that you ship chickens or pigs in, maybe a tall, wide one for shipping/storing pictures, I've even seen storage crate with short legs on them to keep the storage objects off the ground/moisture. Wierd things like that would be neat. ;)

Tiberius_Morguhn

[quote=Ardimus;37081]My imagination at the moment has taken a hike, so that "inner eye" of seeing textures and setting enviroment styles is on hiatus. I can't think of any textures at the moment, I'll just go with what's available. Sometimes, it helps me to ask others for ideas to get my imagination going again. ;) [/quote]

[quote=lord rosenkrantz;37092]Some runes on a stone door, that spell some dwarven word? Or maybe, cut and paste some decorative texture from the dwarven halls itself and reproduce it on a door (maybe some nice painting, or some carved/embossed image?[/quote]

How do these suit you?

I pulled some textures from the tileset and work them up into these three doors. The emblem door is vertically operating (slides up and down in the floor):

[IMG]http://home.windstream.net/rustybranum/dwarf1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://home.windstream.net/rustybranum/dwarf2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://home.windstream.net/rustybranum/dwarf3.jpg[/IMG]

Tiberius_Morguhn

[QUOTE=lord rosenkrantz;37092]Btw, I am integrating your "more" haks into the material used for a PW i am working on, expect soon to see some praising on the vault <_<[/QUOTE]

Excellent - glad they were of use! ^_^

[QUOTE=Ardimus;37094]On the More Crates, I added a few comments.....:snip:..... I'd like to see some variety, those long thin crates that you ship spears and polearms in, or oriental types made of rattan (hamper like) with the wood pole going along the top for two people to carry between them, or those slat crates, which you can see through, that you ship chickens or pigs in, maybe a tall, wide one for shipping/storing pictures, I've even seen storage crate with short legs on them to keep the storage objects off the ground/moisture. Wierd things like that would be neat. ;)[/QUOTE]

If I get some free time, I'll try to see what I can do on this. Shioni is beating on me to get some work done for the CMP 1.5 and I have sort of neglected it for a few months. My daughter is due in April so my time is running short for these projects, so no guarantees though. :mellow:

lord rosenkrantz
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

[quote=Tiberius_Morguhn;37129]How do these suit you?

[/quote]

They are pretty good, should work perfectly in a dwarven halls area

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Tiberius_Morguhn;37129]How do these suit you? [/QUOTE]

That's Awesome! How did you do that so quickly?
I feel so stupid...... :huh:

Don't worry about the crate suggestions, this is for fun isn't it, so if it becomes work, just ignore my prattling... Maybe some day I'll get good enough to do it myself. ;)