MoreSigns
This is an area for community members to show their custom content work and/or projects or ask for feedback.
Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

Another thought is that while the above a very cool signs they deal in simple materials. NWN is a fantasy world of magic and divine powers.

Sign's for say Magic shops could have some cool emitters (if you can get them to work). Or some creative use of transparency along the lines of stained glass. :icon_idea:

Not sure how much you can do with placeables. The use of danglymesh should make cloth banners usable as well.

Keltic_Oryantal

I agree!

Post by Keltic_Oryantal »

[quote=Christopher;12161]Another thought is that while the above a very cool signs they deal in simple materials. NWN is a fantasy world of magic and divine powers.

Sign's for say Magic shops could have some cool emitters (if you can get them to work). Or some creative use of transparency along the lines of stained glass. :icon_idea:

Not sure how much you can do with placeables. The use of danglymesh should make cloth banners usable as well.[/quote]

Oh, oh, oh! The stained glass textures from tno church. That would be really pretty. Could retexture those kick-butt cloth banner placeables from tno too. *sigh* :)

Izk The Mad

Post by Izk The Mad »

Great work on those signs! That stained glass idea does sound cool, but I really like the emitter idea. You could do some interesting things with that. Basically, a magical neon sign, or even just have simple candles or lanterns built in. I agree about the generic signs, too, though it's always fun to see some of the names on stuff like that. I'd say make one with and one without the names, if possible.

Also, I like the dagger, and the dagger and shield. I'd just add the joints in the boards, but faintly. I can see what Este meant, but it could also be seen as thick opaque paint, like a nice gloss enamel. You could also make it look like a raised applique instead, and add some shadows around the bottom, with a little highlighting on the top edge. Kinda like the NWN eye you made. That really looks like it's made out of a piece of metal attached to the sign. Nicely done.

Tiberius_Morguhn

Post by Tiberius_Morguhn »

Thanks everyone for the feedback - exactly what I was looking for. I will work on the emitter ideas and also release any signs with "wording" in a format without the text as well. This was just a first stab at things. I want to use some of the ground based sign models as well, just retextured. Stay tuned for progress. The bad part is I have too many damned irons in the fire. CMP, MoreDoors, my own modules (which will never see the light of day I think), updating other custom content to 1.69 compliance, etc.

Tiberius_Morguhn

TNO style

Just wanted to throw up some more progress on these. I started adding some TNO-esque signs. As always, feedback is very welcome. I have tried more blending on oil/painting looks to the symbols. I have not yet looked at emitters or other types of signs. Thanks.

[IMG]http://home.windstream.net/rustybranum/msignstno.jpg[/IMG]

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Looking good so far!

Keep 'em coming!

Kalindor

Post by Kalindor »

These are quite good. It's nice to see this type of custom placeables: something that allows for more imaginative design and not just "another 5 table models" or "12 new beds." I must say that I think the background design of your first set is superior to the second in that it makes the image on the sign stand out, but that is simply a matter of taste. The lighter wood material may be too cheerful-looking for those darker images.

Estelindis
ctp: Yes
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Estelindis »

Those new ones are flipping awesome. I especially like the white dragon! :thumb:

Tiberius_Morguhn

Just a progress report on some new designs......

Hope you like them. I hope to have a set on the vault before too long.

[IMG]http://home.windstream.net/rustybranum/newsigns.jpg[/IMG]

Izk The Mad

Nice!

Post by Izk The Mad »

Looking good! I especially like the "Happy Tankard". I'd down a couple flagons of ale there (hiccup!). I like how you've let the wood texture and the joints in the boards show through on these. If I had one thing to suggest, it would be to make some different shapes/styles for the signs, as far as the wooden field and wall mount are concerned. Maybe even just a simple oval shape or circle for a few signs, but that might needlessly complicate things at this point if you're going to release these soon. Just a thought.

I have a little request, if you're interested. I could use a sign with a big ornate key on it. I have a tavern called "The Silver Key" that I've been wanting a custom sign for. I'm not sure how much use others would get out of it, though. Might be good for a store that sells Thieves' Tools or something. I figured I'd probably end up trying to make one myself, but seeing as how you're already working on signs... ;) Had to ask. I know you've got "too many irons in the fire", as you put it. It's a situation I can really appreciate these days.

Keep up the good work!