Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Age of Various sub-forums and posts

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Note, that even though many of the posts and sub-forums here appear to be old, they still contain a HUGE amount of very useful information, most especially for those that are new to modding for NWN in general.

Unfortunately, you have to dig the various sub-forums to find everything. I do not wish to move things around too much or it may break outside website links that are pointing to them, which is why they have stayed in the various sub-forums.

There are tricks buried in the 3ds/gmax sub forums that likely should also be cross-posted into the tools of the trade or other sub forums as well.

Again, don't worry too much about the age of the posts as they still provide very very useful information to modders for NWN.
CTP Team Lead

Winterhawk99

Re: Age of Various sub-forums and posts

Post by Winterhawk99 »

If you want to start an educational section we can do that, Bannor. I would like for Micheal Darkangel to involved being that his motivation has kept me renewing our contract. Let me know what you think about it perhaps the three of us can come up with something.

I also need about 20 to 30 proof readers of my novel. I am wondering if I put the novel here with extreme limited access to it via script for proof readers to review it, but am afraid to put it here unless security is up to snuff. Give me a call on the weekend I have alot on my head at the moment in editing so need some time to think about things.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Bannor Bloodfist

Actually, we already have the "Educational" Sub-Section, it is called "Custom Content". Not really a need to re-create yet another section.

What my first post here was about was to re-attract attention to those forums and posts. Sometimes people will completely ignore posts when they have an OLD date attached. I was attempting to point out that even though the original post may have an old date, they are still very relevant and applicable tutorials or tips etc, buried in those sections.

As to your other points about having enough security etc, you easily create a new Membership Group, like the current CTP Admin, CTP Public, etc, and only allow folks that are members of that NEW group as having permission to access your Book Editors - Reviewers sections. I think you most likely still hae access to the back end security side of things here, but I am also sure that MDA does and would be able to create a new membership group for you. We would just have to assign folks as members to that groups once they created a NEW account here, OR add that membership roup to existing account holders here. That really would not be that difficult. Biggest issue is that we have to adjust NEW members by hand to assign them to whatever groups they should be assigned to.
CTP Team Lead

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Thanks Bannor,

It's been awhile since I have done these things the site being the way it was the last few years. I am rusty to say the least. Maybe with the team working on Solace and with my book we can give the site a degree of life. :)
CTP team member

Bannor Bloodfist

Winterhawk99 wrote:Thanks Bannor,

It's been awhile since I have done these things the site being the way it was the last few years. I am rusty to say the least. Maybe with the team working on Solace and with my book we can give the site a degree of life. :)
It should pick up at least some new traffic. I think there are about 50 or so folks that are visiting now, not including us team members. I got that number by checking the "view count" on the subject of the tree crossers in the public section. Of course, that might be a slightly higher than reality, but I think it is fairly close. I keep posting new stuff up on the NEW Vault, linking back to posts here... That tends to drive a least a few visitors that may or may not have a real account on the site.

While chatting with MDA, he stated that we still have regular bot / spammer visitors every day as well. So, he manually deletes those accounts and only authorizes NEW accounts if we have told him to expect specific folks or if they are someone he may be able to determine are valid for any one of various reasons, like someone using a nick we recognize from Bioware or Vault or wherever.

We tried several times to get new groups to register here, but everyone of the few that actually DID register a group, just died away anyway.

I would be nice if we could gain some of the folks that were screwed over by Bioware, but I think most are either completely quitting or have already moved to some other location. The short notice that Bioware gave us just goes to show how bad EA is regarding their individual players/users. They allow forums etc, but are getting less and less open about it all. Never as good as Bioware used to be when Bioware was a REAL game company and not just a few guys at the top claiming a company that truly doesn't do much anymore.

Anyway, NWN is truly dying out now. Each time Bioware moved forums and changed the rules, they threw away a large number of potential accounts. This time, they just said "Goodbye without even a Good luck thrown in."

Maybe, just maybe, we can keep a few folks going though. I have to admit that Solace will only attract attention until release a few weeks past release day, after that, all the visitors will be gone again.

I have not been able to keep enough members of CTP hanging around so there really is not much I can do to keep folks interested by myself as I am not fast enough at creating new work, and in fact, generally only even stat by fixing older stuff and adding bits and pieces here and there. That just doesn't attract enough traffic.

I will try to keep a bit of traffic floating by to view new screen shots by updating posts on the New Vault, but as I mentioned, that is only around 30-50 or so visitors. None of them have even bothered to post a reply to ANY of the pics or posts that I have made.

Anyway, I am digging back into the parts I am working on with Solace, so chat with you later maybe.
CTP Team Lead

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

The book and beamdog's updates seem to have an effect to the forums. we are getting some traffic. I've also invited Broodslayers to the site. Rob, a friend that owns the broodslayers wants to put his pw back up and is looking for a place to put forums. Still not sure if he will do it himself or come over to HMC.
CTP team member