Adding a roof to an interior tileset.
Come here for tutorials and 3d training. The aim is to point out good 3d training sites or methods.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Borden Ha'elven
Site Admin
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Adding a roof to an interior tileset.

Post by Borden Ha'elven »

I've had a suggestion from Helvene that my egyptian interior re-skin would benefit from having a suitable roof added. Any hints as to how I go about this would be appreciated. (Total 3DS newby)

raven280

Post by raven280 »

Maxam and Hardpoints are both really good at making interior tileset roofs...

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=7636

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... l&id=5899/

...both are still active in the NWN creation process, and both are helpful with people who have questions about how things are done. Good luck!

Tybae

Post by Tybae »

Tom Banjo's Cellar Tileset is a fine example too. He's usually hanging around in the Project Q IRC chatroom on chat.neverwinterconnections.com.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... 49&id=7668

Borden Ha'elven
Site Admin

Cheers Tybae, tom's entry has with & with out ceilings. I can reverse engineer it and learn how to do it. Just what I needed. :thumb: Hak dismembering time... :bat:

maxam.maxam

Post by maxam.maxam »

Thanks for dobbing me in Raven! ;)

Borden I think the most important thing with adding a Roof, which, sadly I learnt very late into the creation of the Classic Dungeon is this:

Don't create a flat textured plane for the roof and then rotate it so it's pointing the right way (ie towards the floor). If you do this, rotate texture will not work correctly.

You must create the roof then flip the normals.

PM me if you need further elaboration or sample files.

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

Nothing against adding roofs to interior tilesets, but was it me? I believe I've recommended removing the spiderweb crypt leftovers, and I can even show how it can be done or do it for you, if you manage to catch me when I'm not already up for something.

Borden Ha'elven
Site Admin

Helvene wrote:Nothing against adding roofs to interior tilesets, but was it me? I believe I've recommended removing the spiderweb crypt leftovers, and I can even show how it can be done or do it for you, if you manage to catch me when I'm not already up for something.

You're right 'twas Raven_Blood who suggested the roof bit. As to removing the spiders webs. I could just be lazy and make the bitmap transparent so they are invisible. :rolleyes: I'm big on labour saving :D I thought about adding some placeables as well. This learning curve is going to be mighty steep methinks.