WIP : Aztec Interiors
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

WIP : Aztec Interiors

Post by Chandigar »

Just a couple quick shots. This is planned to be a simple tileset, various painted room types and a couple corridors. For those familiar with the exterior tileset, there are also interior versions of the square, round, rectangular huts and the steam hut.

The actual tileset portion is complete, but I want to release a placeable pack and possibly coordinate it with another potential release thats currently under wraps.

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Very nice looking Chandigar! I like the angled walls they definately add more character to the set. Hey want some placeable suggestions? Looks great! Keep it up.

lord rosenkrantz

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

Yes, it seems to be a very good tileset. I like simple interiors, in particular when there are some details (like the angled walls) that add personality to said simplicity.

Personally I'd go for different textures, but that's my own private insanity of mind (I tend to retexturize even the bus tickets in my pockets :P). Nor do I know the settings the tileset is designed for, but I understand you are keeping the whole graphics of the gameworld to be consistent, which again is a good thing.

I might have a spare set of textures that fit well with such tileset, I can't wait for its release (if it'll be, of course).

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Yea, the goal is generally to keep the theme very similar.. I like complete immersion (or as near as possible) when you're working within the same tileset series. It wouldn't make sense for every interior to look completely different from the exterior just because.

Of course everyone's welcome to retexture stuff to their own desires! I just like to provide a consistent base.

lord rosenkrantz

I hope I didn't sound like I was mixing up the concepts.

I was trying to say that there are two totally separate parameters I was looking at, regarding your new tileset. One is its degree of harmonization with the rest of the gameworld tilesets. I like to see -realistic- fantasy worlds, where the color and appearance of the rock the mountains are made of does possibly affect the color and appearance the stone buildings. Of course, the ability of a developer is also to achieve diversity and variation in the gameworld building, hence it is all a matter of balance.
And I assume you have built this new tileset following a similar concept, which is already a good (but generally surprisingly rare) aspect of your work.

One further element of my analisys is that it seems your tileset can be very easily converted to totally different settings with a new set of textures, which can't be said of many tilesets out there, some are hard to retexturize because of a complete lack of consistency in the original work, or because the models aren't "flat" or "blank" enough, and were built with a high degree of integration with the original textures.
Honestly I would convert it if you'll release it, because it might be very useful for some areas of the PW I am working on.

So in short, keep up with the good work :D

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

This got approved on the vault this morning, enjoy!

lord rosenkrantz

Checked it out already :D
I hope I'll find the time to add it to the module I am working on

Ziroc