WIP: UDP1 - Suburbia
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

WIP: UDP1 - Suburbia

Post by Chandigar »

WIP shots.

The roads, fences, parking and paving are done with terrains and crossers, which gives you a fair amount of freedom in laying them down. In the 2nd shot, there are some general masses of buildings, actual storefronts still to come.

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

Very nice :) Now I just need an excuse to put some time-travel in my module...

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

A couple more shots...

Grov

Post by Grov »

Very nice. Please forgive me if Im unenlightened, but do you have/had any connections to/with the d20mm team?

I actually got use for this set once I get my hands on it!

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Na, no connection other than lurking on their message boards.

Grov

Post by Grov »

Chandigar wrote:Na, no connection other than lurking on their message boards.
Kind of what I'm doing here :)

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Chandigar, that is so cool! I imagine the information you were looking for on the self-illuminate was for inside the signs? Have you been able to work with any emitters for creating something like a neon sign?

You could do some changes to your gothic work to make is more leave it to beaver. In anycase I like what I see! It would be cool to do the sort of reality transitions we saw in Ulitima IV if I recall. You start in modern day and are transported into a fantasy realm.

Another realy cool interior set would be a mall! Think "Dawn of the Dead". Did you find any d20 tilesets that were released?

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Hehheh actually, Dawn of the Dead was a major motivation (the film was shot in my neighborhood (back in Toronto) and the mall they used was the one I used to go to all the time as a kid)

I've been thinking about an interiors, but I have a ways to go yet before I'm finished this one... and usually I'm kinda burnt out after a bit set... so no promises.

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Just looking at your pictures gets my mind moving. Are the stop lights animated for the light change? Do the street lights come on at night?

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Christopher wrote:Just looking at your pictures gets my mind moving. Are the stop lights animated for the light change? Do the street lights come on at night?
Well, thats what I wanted to do... and the reason for the questions about self illumination. I'd need self illuminated meshes for the stop lights and the street lights, and figure out how to do Beaming.... but my beaming experiments resulted in exactly nothing....

I'm prepared to animate them for day/night and on/off, but I need these technical problems solved first.