Michael_DarkAngel's CC work.
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Michael_DarkAngel's CC work.

Post by Christopher »

I was looking around the Vault today and to my surprise I found this cool addition to the rural set.

Covered Bridges

-very cool!

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

Agreed it is a nice touch, Personally speaking(and admittedly, I haven't really looked) but this is the first instance of a bridge for raised terrain that I've seen to date, Thusly raising its value/useability even more.

If raised bridge's don't exist in a hak pack somewhere for this set.. I may try and conn MDA into making some.

Michael DarkAngel
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Michael DarkAngel »

Just so it's officially posted here.

The bridge itself is not my work. And I stated such in the description on the vault. Koramado originally created the bridge for the forest tileset.

His/Hers was simply called Covered Bridge

I only reskinned and did a little remodelling on the raised terrain to make it work in the rural tileset at someone else's request and posted it to the vault with Koramado's blessing.

I may go back and add more to it later, but I have other things I want to try and get further along before doing so.

Mask:

I'd have no problem attempting it, I did one bridge for my Dark City/Rural combo based on a model I found in I believe in one of Zeon's haks. I believe I changed it enough to actually call it my own work. I've been told it would look good in the rural tileset with different textures, but I'll let someone else decide.

I do however appreciate the mention.

Thanks,

MDA
MDA
TBotR
"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

mobyksu

Post by mobyksu »

there is one other bridge for raised terrain already on the vault. i don't remember the specific hak (i think it was something generic like "high bridge") or the creator off the top of my head, but i remember looking at it for my own module work. i think i might have even included it for the still in progress etinif stuff. *bangs head on desk to remind self of unfinished module on home computer*

did you reskin the bridge for just the raised terrain, or do you have a normal terrain version as well? i had these items on my "to do" list, but i don't need them for the current module so they'd been pushed even further aside.

Michael DarkAngel

mobyksu wrote:did you reskin the bridge for just the raised terrain, or do you have a normal terrain version as well? i had these items on my "to do" list, but i don't need them for the current module so they'd been pushed even further aside.
The version that is on the Vault at the moment has only a raised terrain bridge over water.

I do plan on going back later (as time permits) and adding a normal terrain bridge over water and raised terrain bridge over normal terrain.

Of course, all of that is on hold until I get farther along in other projects unless someone convinces me otherwise. ;)

MDA
MDA
TBotR
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

Michael, do I get it right that you have added missing border transition tiles for Ixion Coastline?

Michael DarkAngel

Helvene wrote:Michael, do I get it right that you have added missing border transition tiles for Ixion Coastline?
If you mean beach/trees, beach/raised terrain, beach/gentle hills; then my answer would be not yet but it is on my list of things to do with that particular project.

If you mean something else, then I misunderstood your question :D

MDA
MDA
TBotR
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

Michael DarkAngel

mobyksu wrote:there is one other bridge for raised terrain already on the vault. i don't remember the specific hak (i think it was something generic like "high bridge") or the creator off the top of my head, but i remember looking at it for my own module work.
Rural High Bridge Add-on by Lucifer Church

Rural Tile Addons by SpoonMerlin

Later,

MDA
MDA
TBotR
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

Michael_DarkAngel wrote:If you mean beach/trees, beach/raised terrain, beach/gentle hills; then my answer would be not yet but it is on my list of things to do with that particular project.

If you mean something else, then I misunderstood your question :D
No, missing tiles for fully functional beach/sand transitions.

Michael DarkAngel

Helvene wrote:No, missing tiles for fully functional beach/sand transitions.
Okay, I did look and at first glance I noticed some missing tiles between grass/beach/shallows, not to mention the other transistion tiles.

So, I might as well throw my hat into the ring... :unsure:

Since I'm doing that, my first question would be what do I focus on first?

Beaches, Bridges... Or, is there something else that really needs done first?

:z_hangin:

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

MDA
MDA
TBotR
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience