Enhancing Bioware Rural (WIP)
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

Awesome work Helvene :thumb:

These are really starting to come together. I'm surprised no one thought of this simple tweak before. Its a major improvement over the originals.

I did notice one thing: Shot 3 - looks like there is a gap between the two trees (towards the left of the shot). I'm wondering if it might be worth the extra effort to jink the lower canopy upwards in that spot to lessen the gap. Although you probably don't notice it if the camera is on the PC's shoulder (like I prefer to play).

Helvene
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Helvene »

Shot 3 - looks like there is a gap between the two trees (towards the left of the shot). I'm wondering if it might be worth the extra effort to jink the lower canopy upwards in that spot to lessen the gap.
Tried that. If I leave no gaps at all, it becomes almost impossible to play with tilefading set to off (which is the way I prefer to play)- the canopy becomes too think, and everything below it is no longer visible.

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

Helvene wrote:Tried that. If I leave no gaps at all, it becomes almost impossible to play with tilefading set to off (which is the way I prefer to play)- the canopy becomes too think, and everything below it is no longer visible.
I play that way too. That would be bad :D

I've been working a northern climate rural tileset on and off for some time - stopped when it came time to do something with those awful tree tiles. My plan was to switch them over to conifers. Your take in the tiles has given me a fresh perspective and a reason to work on it once more :D

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

pstemarie wrote:I've been working a northern climate rural tileset on and off for some time - stopped when it came time to do something with those awful tree tiles. My plan was to switch them over to conifers. Your take in the tiles has given me a fresh perspective and a reason to work on it once more :D
Hey, that was in my checklist! :D

JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Again, wow! What an extraordinary difference this makes. So . . . when do we get our grubby little paws on this? ;)

JFK

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

Here, as soon as it passes the approval.

Estelindis
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Estelindis »

Huzzah! It looks great. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks, Helvene.

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

Approved, ready for download and use now.

Edit by Bannor to add this link: Helvene's Wonderful Improvement to Bioware Rural Trees

Estelindis
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Estelindis »

It's fabulous, Helvene. I adore it. Such a wonderful way to spruce up the tired old Rural tileset! :love: