WIP: Aztec Exterior Redux
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

Ok before I hauled off and started shooting out praise I went back into your orig. version and spent some time in it. Having played around with your Gothic tilesets and seen your work mature... Well these screen shots show a lot of progress in your skills and some great potiential!

Thanks for sticking around our forums! Good to see you on so much... now if I could only chat longer and Banshe didn't keep grabbing me!!

Laters.

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Thanks Christopher!

Yea.. that was one big reason I had to revisit this tileset. I wasn't satisfied with it when I left it, I just couldn't stand looking at it anymore after all the growing pains :P

Going back now.. its amazing how sloppy much of the modeling was.. sheesh. I thought it'd be a quick fix but now I'm busy adjusting the heights of everything to fit standard doors .... also removing hidden faces and stuff I just left in because I couldn't figure out what was causing shadow and crashing errors etc the first time around.

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Some more screenies, as requested, before and after shots. I was going to take them all with fog and lighting turned off, but all detail disappeared completely from the originals with lighting turned off so I left them on in those.

These will probably be the last I post... gotta keep something as a surprise!

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Thank you! Very, very nice. The before and after is a particularly good way to show off your improvments. You have certainly come a long way in your modeling. I hope someday I can grow up and model like you Chandigar. :_cry2:

No really these are great! :_thumb:

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Hey guys...

Welp, I think I'm almost done the first phase here... which is essentially all of the same content as the original tileset. Next phase is getting mountains done which MAY be a difficult process so I'd like to get this current version in QA/QC while I'm working on it.

Does anyone have time or inclination to test this? Would have to be pretty thorough so someone who's looking to build a module would be ideal... I'm going to try and get some Maztica people to go through it too but one outside person would be great.

Thanks

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Chandigar let me check with my Team. We are already including all three of your sets in our release. Not sure what out time schedule is... But we have a solid set of individuals that are doing nothing but QA right now.

I'll get back to you.

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

The Jungle Primeval

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Having 'peeked' at this set, I gotta tell you all, that this one is amazing.

Can't wait for final release!

Mountains, REAL mountains... Temples that look like they came right out of the history books. A jungle where you can get completely lost!