Undermountain tiles
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Undermountain tiles

Post by Christopher »

Looking around a DLA forums I ran across a post by Ziroc about a tile (more to come) for his Escape from Undermountain PW. I liked the look and thought I would share it with builders here. See if I can get Ziroc to hang around our forums from time-to-time.
:_thumb:

Sweet!
Topic @ Ironworks Gaming

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Yes, that is definitely an interesting looking tile!

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Looks great! Can't wait to see some more!

Ziroc

Post by Ziroc »

Chandigar wrote:Looks great! Can't wait to see some more!
Sorry for the thread necromancy :)

Just wanted to update ya on my new hak! I have been making about 3 new tiles a day (not groups, those take a bit longer) I also have been working on a Skullport tile group that is 14x5! Massive. It's on the back burner though, because that will take some time--very detailed. I'll be releasing the new hak right after the new NWN Patch is released. If you wanted to add some of the tiles I have made, let me know.

Below is a few tiles I have made -- I can't release a lot because I have surprises for the mod for players. Let me know what you think!

(Those shadow errors are cep things)

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

Please, forgive me my curiousity, but is there anything in common with this "efu" directory name and Escape from Underdark server?

Ziroc

Post by Ziroc »

Nope. :) Escape from Undermountain (EFU) has been online since the day after NWN was released. Someone else asked me this a while back.. damn acronyms! :)

We were shocked when HotU came out. I mean.. like someone from Bioware had played our mod. lol..

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

Ziroc wrote:Nope. :) Escape from Undermountain (EFU) has been online since the day after NWN was released. Someone else asked me this a while back.. damn acronyms!
Not Escape from Undermountain, Escape from the Underdark server. :)

Ziroc

Post by Ziroc »

Helvene wrote:Not Escape from Undermountain, Escape from the Underdark server. :)

:) Nothing in common between it.

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Your work has definatley improved! It was about a year ago that I came across some of your screen shots. You have been busy! I keep an eye on you other shots at DLA's forums.

Look forward to seeing more! I am very interested in your city interior / exterior tiles. Those CTP sets could use some updates on our next release.

Thanks!

Ziroc

Post by Ziroc »

Christopher wrote:Your work has definitely improved! It was about a year ago that I came across some of your screen shots. You have been busy! I keep an eye on you other shots at DLA's forums.

Look forward to seeing more! I am very interested in your city interior / exterior tiles. Those CTP sets could use some updates on our next release.

Thanks!

Yeh, I agree. It could use loads of new tiles!

My LEAST favorite tilesets in NWN are:

The Dungeon (yuck) maybe new tiles can fix it...
The Beholder tunnels -- boring
The Drow/Illithid indoors (just don't like)

The Ruins tileset that came with SoU was broken. (You could see behind doors) and could use loads of new tiles. I do like it kinda, just needs more.

The Blackstaff tower should be done soon-- its a 3x3 tile group.
I have read every single Forgotten Realms book (well, expect 3 or 4) and take all the descriptions plus the FR Manuals to design these things..

The Blackstaff tower is solid magic. No windows or any apparent door to enter. When Khelben needs a window or door, the tower itself makes them!
It's an onyx black tower, solid, with sharp angles. (Much like the John Hancock building in Chicago). I study Architecture, and it helps when designing these things :).