2R's White Tower on the Vault
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Lord Sullivan
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

2R's White Tower on the Vault

Post by Lord Sullivan »

Hi just thought I'd run this by ;)

See it Here

2R's White Tower seems pretty good from the screenshots though something I find confusing... is what they say
"It is not yet known whether Lando will release this to the public, but be sure look out for when the 2R goes live and to check it out in game!"
Hrm... did I miss something or isn't it not possible to offer new content exclusively on a server without people having the content in a hak? :_read2:

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Yes, a .hak would be required.

No, that doesn't mean that he has to 'allow' you to use it though. At least not by permission. IE, he may reserve the right to only allow you to see it, not to use it in your own worlds.

Lord Sullivan

Post by Lord Sullivan »

Oh I see what you mean though for the giving permision stuff I'm not impressed :biggrin2:

No, I just thought that these guy's thought they could use it on server side and everyone else would actualy see it. You never know what people think.

But anyhow, it's seems pretty good... it looks good and looks huge. Wonder if you can walk at the top, must have some view from up there :)

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Yes the tower looks pretty good, and I bet the view from the top would be great...

Now don't get me wrong on the permission thing either. I have no idea what the true intentions are of the author. Hopefully, they will release it to the public for use elsewhere, but sometimes people want to keep things for themselves and I have to respect that.

I much prefer the way people tend to create somethign for others to enjoy and then let them have it to enjoy as they please!

Lord Sullivan

Post by Lord Sullivan »

Well permissions aside....

Come to think of it, if everyone has the same content on every server... hrm... at some point I guess players may say to themselves "been there, done that!".

I don't encourage not releasing content to the public and keeping it private, but if you work hard on your PW and create new content well, it makes your server a little more unique. Sure there are other ways such as a multitude of area designs and a multitude of placeables setups... but having some private content may not be such a bad idea after all. But it sucks when people give screenshots of a creation they may not or will not release. Well specially when the new stuff looks awesome :_spank:

Banshe

Post by Banshe »

There is a WoT hak release in the list today. Perhaps the tower is in there.