the ultimate waterfall
This forum is to cover working with set, itp, and 2DAs of tileset custom content.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

senemenelas

the ultimate waterfall

Post by senemenelas »

looking for some really nice waterfall made for nwn, so i can take it as example to build mine. maybe some of you know good ones i dont know :cool:

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

senemenelas wrote:looking for some really nice waterfall made for nwn, so i can take it as example to build mine. maybe some of you know good ones i dont know :cool:
To the best of my knowledge, Lucifer Church is the only person that has really released 'working' waterfalls. They are an add-on for Bioware Rural. The problem is, once you 'import' them into max, the emitters get trashed/rotated around etc, so you have to manually adjust them all again, every time you import them into max etc...

Bioware has a couple very small falls on their different streams, but beyond those, I really have not seen anything else out there (yet).

To get a decent looking waterfall, you first need a really good water texture, translucent as well. Then you need to create planes of water and smear the texture across them a bit... then add 'spray' emitters at several locations.

To make a really good looking waterfall, you would need to create a group instead of a terrain, and have it 'stepped' in more than one step from raised tile height to normal ground level.

senemenelas

Post by senemenelas »

thanks for the hints :thumb: I'm experimenting a lot of things, last I tried is animating the gizmo movement of the mesh, in max works and that should be definitely best way to animate falls but it dont retains animation of the gizmo once exported, at least with mdl suite. if nwmax or some other exporter allows to store gizmo animations while exporting i will definitely work in that way, because that will create best liquid movement with just a mesh and really pretty result, if only nwn engine allows it

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Re:

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

senemenelas wrote:thanks for the hints :thumb: I'm experimenting a lot of things, last I tried is animating the gizmo movement of the mesh, in max works and that should be definitely best way to animate falls but it dont retains animation of the gizmo once exported, at least with mdl suite. if nwmax or some other exporter allows to store gizmo animations while exporting i will definitely work in that way, because that will create best liquid movement with just a mesh and really pretty result, if only nwn engine allows it
If you read through Animesh Tutorial you will see that you CAN do what you want to do, just not using the gizmo approach, but actually using the UVW mapping ability of the UVWXform modifier.
CTP Team Lead