Tile model sparkling
This forum is to cover working with set, itp, and 2DAs of tileset custom content.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Helvene
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Tile model sparkling

Post by Helvene »

For the first time I encountered this problem after having to reinstall my 3DMax and NWMax plugins after a system crash.

Since then after exporting I get sparkles on it's borders, like there were tiny gaps between tile models. But the same time the coordinates for each vertex on a tile border is 500 or -500.

What may cause the problem?

RedOne

Post by RedOne »

It could be caused by different heights (500,-500, z1 vs 500,-500, z2 with z1!=z2)
Or different colliding faces.
Example:
One tile with 2 vertex, one 500, -500, the other one at 500, 500, both at z = 0.
Another one with 3 vertex, one 500, -500, another one at 500, 0, and the last one at 500, 500 all at z = 0.
Getting two tiles like that side to side gets some white spaces.
Other thought... no idea :P

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Not only do the vertices have to be at 500/-500 etc, but each vertice has to be at the same place in EVERY dimension.

IE Lets say you have 2 adjacent tiles, same size and shape, each one exactly 1000x1000.
If you have an edge vertice on one tile thats at 500, 10 and another vertice on an adjacent tile thats 500, 11... you'll get a sparkle.

Thats why its important that pretty much all your edges have identical vertices (because of rotation)

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

I've checked it for every tile, and each has border verticles with the same coords as it's possible neighobur. Still, there are "gaps" visible between them.

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

If you have re-installed your system, you may have lost your anti-aliasing settings.

Having anti-aliasing turned off can give you white pixels along edges even when the vertices match perfectly.

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

OldMansBeard wrote:If you have re-installed your system, you may have lost your anti-aliasing settings.

Having anti-aliasing turned off can give you white pixels along edges even when the vertices match perfectly.
Then why does it work properly with all of the old tiles?

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

Helvene wrote:Then why does it work properly with all of the old tiles?
Depends on the lighting settings. The white is daylight.

Helvene

Post by Helvene »

Problem solved.