Looking for a little help with MiniMaps
This forum is to cover working with set, itp, and 2DAs of tileset custom content.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

KamaZer0
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Looking for a little help with MiniMaps

Post by KamaZer0 »

heya all,
I've found plenty of help and guidance here so far, so im hoping someone out there could lend me a hand in this.
Ive gotten my tileset all done and the edge file working and im now down to getting minimaps to work and made. I've tried every Mapmaker script thats been available and worked at this from several different angles to no avail, they all crash out my 3DSmax 6
even the TSC v2.07 scripts. My buddy and i have started trying to use nwn explorer and a screencap program to make them one at a time, but this is very slow going and frustrating as we have somewhare around 2000 tiles total to do. Is there anyone out there that has a working minimap maker that would be willing to help us out by punching out some mini's for us.
This is our last thing to finish before we can start building our RP pw world "Return to the Ashes of Amaranth ---The Lost Realms", and we seriously need some help.

Kama

KamaZer0

Post by KamaZer0 »

Scratch the above, after getting a little help from a programmer who also does alot of 3d work, my 3ds and minimap maker is all sorted and running now O:) YAY!!!O:)

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

So how did you do it? :) I've had issues myself with minimap makers... I think in the end for barbaric north we got someone else to help us generate them.

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Chandigar;44508]So how did you do it? :) I've had issues myself with minimap makers... I think in the end for barbaric north we got someone else to help us generate them.[/QUOTE]

Aye I second that. If you've had a program or script created for you to do it then it'd be great if you could share it. Hell, even put it on the vault if you want. Especially since none of my tilesets have minimaps at the moment :unsure:

KamaZer0

Post by KamaZer0 »

ok, was chatting with my buddy Terry who got all my stuff working for me.

He said the TSC 2.07 script itself works fine, no changes made there, said he just ran it through a "parser" ???,....He did however tell me that he did alot of rearranging to my install of 3ds max 6,....something to do with its rendering and how its configured,.....to make it follow the minimaker code tighter? (his words, not mine)

Ohh, and he said that you HAVE to have the update for 3ds max6 installed or it will always crash on that script. as well as he said he doesnt know if it could ever work with Gmax, something about its rendering engine being limited.

sorry if this isnt much help, but im i'm barely able to mangle nwn scripts with alot of copy-paste and the lilac soul script gen.....:unsure:

mostly its been working great for me, but i have noticed it takes an awefully long time for 3ds to load now, and the set-manager takes forever to load, as in go make some coffee and a snack, then come back. It'll still bork on tiles that have a bad error to, it seems that it'll load the bad tile, make the mini for it, but when the script does its reset to load in the next tile, it doesnt and just pukes all over itself