DLA Sewer Tile Set Head Scratcher
This forum is to cover working with set, itp, and 2DAs of tileset custom content.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

coolmac55

DLA Sewer Tile Set Head Scratcher

Post by coolmac55 »

DLA Sewer Tile Set

Duplicate tiles listed in the set file.

0 and 11
25 and 36
43 and 45
44 and 46

Most of the time when I find these; the tiles listed are identical. In this case, the set file is different for two of the duplicate tiles and this confuses me. Is DLA doing something here that is beyond my understanding, or is this a mistake?

These two use the same tile and map, but they have some differences listed.

Code: Select all

[TILE0]
PathNode=T
Orientation=0
VisibilityNode=A
VisibilityOrientation=0

[TILE11]
PathNode=A
Orientation=0
These two use the same tile and map, but they have some differences listed.

Code: Select all

[TILE25]
PathNode=L

[TILE36]
PathNode=I
I'm at a loss here, which is right, or are they both right?

CoolMac55

coolmac55

Post by coolmac55 »

Never mind: it's going into the, "Needs to be Rebuilt" and "Update" pile.
CoolMac55

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

What are you doing with this set? Still working on it? Sorry I didn't reply sooner this was some what of a private project for myself. :o

I jumped on DLA sewers in late Dec. applied a number of fixes to the set and ran everything though CM3. I had to repair some texture mapping.

I didn't like the crappy hand made mini-maps so I was going to slice up a version so I could use VelsTools to get a good top/down view for new mini-maps.

After that I am going to repackage the setup with an few updates to the documentation, .set, 2da's, placeables, area.ini, and put it back up on the Vault.

I am considering adding some new entrances so they segue well with OC sewer / steamworks. Perhaps something for Maxam. Well see how much steam I have to keep going.

maxam.maxam

Post by maxam.maxam »

Christopher wrote:Perhaps something for Maxam..
:confused:

Do tell... :)

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I was thinking of some doorway transitions to your set. Not incorporating any of your tiles Maxam. If folks want to use your tilesets then they would still download from your Vault location.
:thumb:

Was just adding an area in my module with your tileset a weekago. Need to get back to working on it. I find working in the Aurora toolset gives me reason to keep plugging away at fixing and playing with custome content.

maxam.maxam

Post by maxam.maxam »

Christopher wrote:I was thinking of some doorway transitions to your set. Not incorporating any of your tiles Maxam. If folks want to use your tilesets then they would still download from your Vault location.
Woah! Please don't take me the wrong way - I wasn't upset or having a go... I thought you were going to ask me to make something for you is all.

I would never get upset if you were to use my tiles within a set of your own, in fact I'd see it as a compliment.
Christopher wrote:Was just adding an area in my module with your tileset a weekago. Need to get back to working on it. I find working in the Aurora toolset gives me reason to keep plugging away at fixing and playing with custome content.
Yah, I hear that - whenever I'm in a bit of a CC rut, I find that some toolset creation work fires me up to get stuff done(!)

raven280

Hey there

Post by raven280 »

Hey Maxam,
Good to see you here. I got the pic you sent me....looks really good. I didnt know that tilesets could be multi-leveled like that...thats awsome! That would really go well with a partially submerged type sewer or dungeon. Cant wait till I can go play around in that set. Thanks again!