Daijin
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Bugs Found by Dunjon Players or DM Daijin

Post by Daijin »

encumberance.2da line 12 says 8600 when should be 860 :D

Lots of missing spell descriptions from spells.2da. Is this intended?

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=Daijin;14491]encumberance.2da line 12 says 8600 when should be 860 :D

Lots of missing spell descriptions from spells.2da. Is this intended?[/quote]

Encumberance.2da is fixed - thanks

As for spells.2da - whether or not a description is referenced depends upon what is being referenced and how it is used in the game. For example, lines 1628 - 1633 are the spell effects for several new magical items. Therefore, a description is not necessary as the item description suffices (although in some cases the item descriptions may need tweaking).

If you could be more specific as to which lines are apparently causing issues it would be a big help.

Daijin

Post by Daijin »

Ok, the two I know that they said they don't know what they do, when they tried to read them from their cleric spell list are (and don't have description .tlk reference in the spells.2da) are:

Holy Smite
Protection from Evil

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=Daijin;14497]Ok, the two I know that they said they don't know what they do, when they tried to read them from their cleric spell list are (and don't have description .tlk reference in the spells.2da) are:

Holy Smite
Protection from Evil[/quote]

Those are both radial spells. The Holy Smite description is linked to Hammer of the Gods and the Protection from Evil description is linked to Protection from Alignment.

However, just a thought -
  1. Are your players accessing them as Domain Spells?
  2. Do they have a copy of the modified dialog.tlk?
If they are accessing them as Domain spells it may be that the description doesn't come up because the domains.2da skips the master radial. If this is the case I'll have to fix that.

Daijin

Post by Daijin »

Ok the cleric said he got the spells from his domain, but cannot read what they are.

How are they linked? The description is **** in the 2da, not seeing a link. But i can easily link them to the correct spell description if i have to :)

Yeah they have the NwnE ~ Dunjon modified .tlk.. They dont go to other servers, so theres no back and forth copy/paste/move.

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=Daijin;14499]Ok the cleric said he got the spells from his domain, but cannot read what they are.

How are they linked? The description is **** in the 2da, not seeing a link. But i can easily link them to the correct spell description if i have to :)

Yeah they have the NwnE ~ Dunjon modified .tlk.. They dont go to other servers, so theres no back and forth copy/paste/move.[/quote]

Ok, its as I suspected then. If you look in spells.2da you'll see a column labeled MASTER. This column lists the line number in spells.2da for the master spell of any radial spells.

If you go to the line number for the master spell and look under the column labeled SPELLDESC, you'll see a number listed. This is the TLK number for the spell's description. What you need to do is enter this number under the SPELLDESC for the subradials.

For example:

Protection from Alignment (line 321) is the master for Protection from Chaos (line 136),
Protection from Evil (line 138), Protection from Good (line 139), and Protection from Law (line 140). The SPELLDESC for Protection from Alignment is 6791. You'll need to enter this same number for the SPELLDESC for lines 136, 138, 139, and 140.

CAUTION ---

Bioware coded subradials without a description for a reason - could have just been laziness, may have caused issues. I'm investigating right now.

-------------------------------------------

Regardless, this issue will be addressed in the upcoming Patch 1.1. It may require writing separate spells.2da entries for any radial spells that are accessed as domain spells.

Thanks for finding that.

Pstemarie

Testing Complete

Post by Pstemarie »

Ok, it seems that nothing bad happens when you give a subradial spell an entry in the SPELLDESC field.

At the moment I'm working on individualized spell descriptions for the subradial spells linked back to the following masters:
[INDENT]50 Endure Elements
76 Hammer of the Gods
137 Protection from Elements
150 Resist Elements
194 Word of Faith
321 Protection from Alignment
322 Magic Circle vs. Alignment
323 Aura vs. Alignment
1512 Dispel Alignment
1574 Detect Alignment
[/INDENT]I'm also going to add in SPELLDESC entries for lines 1649 - 1688 so that descriptions appear in your are selecting individual subradial spells from the Creature Properties Window (under the Special Abilities Tab) and you click the ? button.

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

Well my friend it appears you uncovered an even bigger issue that needed resolution.

It seems that the spells I had linked into the Chaos, Evil, Good, and Law domains (which had radial masters) could not be cast. :confused:

Apparently in order for a domain spell to be castable the MASTER field in spells.2da needs to read **** (i.e. be empty). If the spell has data in the MASTER field, the spell will appear in your spellbook but you won't be able to cast it - the number of uses will always be 0.

I resolved this issue by creating duplicate entries of the offending spells in spells.2da and setting their MASTER field to ****. Now the spells function normally. :thumb:

PM when you read this and I'll give you a link for the Patch 1.1 dialog.tlk and a retrofitted version of spells.2da and the updated domains.2da.

Daijin

Toolset Bugs

Post by Daijin »

Not sure its a bug, but there is a double item in the Cloaks area.

Cloak of the Bat. There is two of them here, they seem the same.

In Gauntlets theres something called Banesword, it has the itemproperty of +2 dex.
Gloves of Dexterity +6, show itemprops of +4 Dex.

In Scrolls, there are two Cat's Grace (same items)

Pstemarie

Post by Pstemarie »

[quote=Daijin;14514]Not sure its a bug, but there is a double item in the Cloaks area.

Cloak of the Bat. There is two of them here, they seem the same.

In Gauntlets theres something called Banesword, it has the itemproperty of +2 dex.
Gloves of Dexterity +6, show itemprops of +4 Dex.

In Scrolls, there are two Cat's Grace (same items)[/quote]

Cloak of the Bat
  • Those are BioWare items - one from XP1 SoU and one from XP2 HotU. The duplication is intentional.
Gloves of Dexterity +2, +4, +6
  • Banesword points to Gloves of Dexterity +2 - fixed STRREF ID.
  • Gloves of Dexterity +6 points to Gloves of Dexterity +4 - fixed RESREF ID.
  • Gloves of Dexterity +6 is missing - fixed
Scroll (Cat's Grace)
  • Those are BioWare items - one from the OC and one from XP2 HotU. The duplication is intentional.