Tileset: CTP Gothic Interiors
This is for topics relevant to release one only!

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Tileset: CTP Gothic Interiors

Post by Guest »

Discussion or Bugs relevent to Gothic Interiors

Post by Guest »

This bug is present in the original version as well as the CTP version.

If you run into a black door you will be placed on the black section of the area.

Hoping this will get fixed! Thanks so much again CTP team!

Sharona Curves

tcgi0_a32_06

Post by Sharona Curves »

when viewing the stairs tiles in the Foyer_L section the ceiling hole where the stairs lead to is white. is this a bug or just to represent a hole where the stairs go?

it looks off to me but may not be considered a bug but since the stairs lead up to a visible balcony and do not actually go through the ceiling. i noticed this last night while setting up a screenshot area using the Foyer_L_Grandstair_U (tcgi0_a32_06) tile.

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

the Gothic Interior tileset specific load screens are missing?

there is a placeholder in the module properties.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Sharona Curves;8269]the Gothic Interior tileset specific load screens are missing?

there is a placeholder in the module properties.[/quote]

Yep, no shots were ever created.

We didn't have CEP 2.x for the Gothic Specific placeables, like pictures, lamps, vases etc.

If you feel like creating some screenshots, please do so, I can slice them in and patch them into the next patch for release. Give us at least 8 or 10 shots, and we will pick from those.

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

i can do that. i am going to finish up the release 1 doc first though.

that is where all these questions are coming from.

Nissa_Red

Post by Nissa_Red »

Hi, CTP team :)

I guess I am late on reporting the "bug" regarding the absence of loadscreens for the "Gothic interiors" tileset, too. I checked in yesterday, since I couldn't place the "forest clearing" terrain in the "Gothic estates" tileset, but it was already mentioned.

Perhaps could I give a couple of observations instead, that might prove useful to fellow builders :
  • the greenhouse tiles seem to be *very* ressource intensive. Don't go crazy with them, like me yesterday, or you'll really feel the sluggish loading times of an otherwise empty area.
  • the "Greenhouse walkway" terrain doesn't seem to produce any different tiles than the "Greenhouse" terrain (I may have missed something here though, I didn't check out the .set file yet)
  • it seems quite easy to me to make the roof of the mansion walkeable. Three tiles to change, perhaps some more, all of which are relatively flat : bare roof, roof + chimney, roof + tower. If no one else feels up to it, and if my time permits, I'll publish them on the vault, or here, so that the community can benefit from them.
Finally, it would be awesome to get some (terrain specific) doors for the gorgeous looking fences, at least for where the road crosses it (maybe did I miss them?), but that is perhaps more a plea for Chandigar *grins*

Please be well, all :)

Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Chandigar »

Hi there

1. The greenhouse walkway is a crosser, it should create a raised walkway in the center of the greenhouse. You need to place the greenhouse stair group to access it. Oh and yea, its very resource intensive. Thats probably the last time I try to use transparencies en-masse. I suppose if you were to replace the window texture with a fully opaque one, it'd get rid of the problem...

2. Hrmm forest clearings aren't working? Thats weird... you should be able to place them in a forest... the only restriction is that it can't be at the edge (or intercept the edge IE at the corners) of the edge of the forest.

3. There's a full set of doors and fence gates included in the original hak pak. You might want to extract those for the time being until CTP doors gets updated or something. I don't think the garages or gates use regular sized NWN doors so you probably HAVE to grab the custom ones in one form or another.

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

i did not notice any difference in load times or significant lag time while inside or outside a rather large (6 x 6) greenhouse. there was slight lag when it first came into view and another when entering but once inside or once it was visible everything was pretty smooth. i do not have a hefty system so things like lagginess do tend to show up more on my end. i would actually love to have a glass house without all those intricate panes. sheet of glass walls maybe slightly frosted at the bottom. something like what you would see if looking into or out from a bath house or a modern enclosed pool.

Nissa_Red

Post by Nissa_Red »

[QUOTE=Chandigar;8285]Hi there

1. The greenhouse walkway is a crosser, it should create a raised walkway in the center of the greenhouse. You need to place the greenhouse stair group to access it. Oh and yea, its very resource intensive. Thats probably the last time I try to use transparencies en-masse. I suppose if you were to replace the window texture with a fully opaque one, it'd get rid of the problem...

2. Hrmm forest clearings aren't working? Thats weird... you should be able to place them in a forest... the only restriction is that it can't be at the edge (or intercept the edge IE at the corners) of the edge of the forest.

3. There's a full set of doors and fence gates included in the original hak pak. You might want to extract those for the time being until CTP doors gets updated or something. I don't think the garages or gates use regular sized NWN doors so you probably HAVE to grab the custom ones in one form or another.[/QUOTE]

Hi, Chandigar and Sharona!

Just to be perfectly explicit, and not to cause you any extra worries, I have had no issues walking about the area once in game, even with an extra-large greenhouse. It was just the load time of the area (to enter it) that had me slightly concerned, but as I said, I went kind of crazy with it yesterday. I thought of going with a greenhouse composed of several wings, seedbeds and labs, which produced a good handful of long seconds of loading time. Once I removed some of the greenhouse tiles, it went back to a very smooth loading time scheme.

I do hope that I did not convince you never to use tiles with transparent effects anymore, because the greenhouse is a true pearl of "tile-beauty" within a golden casing. I also hope you will not change anything to it. Actually, like with any other tileset, there are good habits to take (which is also the motivation behind my post above). TNO is no different, or the CCS, or Maxam's classical dungeon. Abuses of good things is not good, and there's nothing that I couldn't do with my greenhouse in its current shape that I couldn't before :)

2. I can place the forest clearing terrain, but it produces white tiles. It might just be a small mistake in the ITP file to correct, or missing tiles to add. I'll definitely look into it again.

3. Wonderful! I was almost certain that you had created doors (since you even went out to create specific placeables for your tilesets), but I admit that I didn't have the time to download your tilesets from the vault yet. I promise to do so after this message, to check them out, and also to vote for you :)

Anyway, I just have one regret, and that is not having used your tileset(s) before, because I thought they'd be "too modern". They are both a great source of awe, of inspiration, and of fun to use to me. Thank you :)

EDIT : Adding two screenshots to show you the results of my work so far, only bare areas, which serve me as draft.

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9886/gothic2ar7.jpg
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/241/gothicex0.jpg