Computer problems
General discussion of all things NWN
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Computer problems

Post by Winterhawk99 »

For Those of you that dont know I fried my windows controller on the old computer and have minimum abilities on the new computer. I'm working with both to get them up and running.

So far on the old computer I had 3 hard drive librarys on 2 hard drives. I switched the two drives and reformated so I could keep the information. I did not have an xp formating disc so had to format in windows 7. I successfully saved the information on the drives however many of my connections to paths are destroyed. Some things work some things dont.

On the new computer I've started uploading many of my files.

The main problem im having right now is Harvest moon is dependent upon MySQL connections to an outside database. Ive been working non stop to put the program in and install a new database however this isnt an easy thing. Thus far I have just gotten the old computer to connectivity to the ODBC driver. (only took me 4 days). I will keep working on this until I get everything up and running perfectly then 3ds Max classes will resume and the server will be up 24/7 except for updates.

Thank you for being patient.
Winter
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Winterhawk99

Re: Computer problems

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I've taken a few more steps last night in being able to create a db with command line prompt. Im going over sql script lines tonight so I can fully set it up to take information or see if i can use open office to set things up. Until I get a file into the db its unuseable in the ODBC admin prompt. I think.

So progress is slow but its there.
CTP team member

Child of Stark

Post by Child of Stark »

Take your time Winter! Don't kill yourself or go insane doing it. Take a breath, rest for a while, and don't let your worries get to you! It will all work out in time!

Remember, Great things take time! (and we can all wait!)

You're the man!

-CoS
Harvest Moon Officer
Anchorome DM

"Winter is coming"

foaloke

Post by foaloke »

Agree with CoS. Really appreciate all the work but don't want you to burn out doing it! Besides, this allows me to focus on Val'jss!
Llie tula mellonea, vasa ni yulna en mereth en amin

wosswald

Post by wosswald »

No worries Winter. I agree just take your time. We really appreciate the hard work!

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I can now connect all data bases together and string them to each computer. I will definatly put this headache down on the forums how to do this for anyone wanting to set up an MYSQL database in the future, because it is not the easiest thing to do when you've only done this once years ago.

All I have to do is retrieve my corrupted files from the old database repair them and put them in the new database. there's a open office file repairer for sale by open office. I may have the world up very soon.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I could not restore my corrupt database tables. However I have been able to remake the quest tables by carefully reading Mermut's scripts. I believe I have recreated the treasure table also however there are several thousand entries for % chances of spawning several hundred treasure items. It may be awhile before I completely restore the table.

What I will do is build the table each night little by little. So I believe I can now run the server. Please be patient about treasure for now. as each week goes by there will be more spawns.

I also have to transfer overides, server vaults and other things. For Cos and Malk I will turn my portraits into an rar for you all for download.
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Thanks everyone, I get driven when something like this happens. The focas helps me do things quicky that would otherwise take a long time and I would like to make sure that everyone here can go on Hm whenever they like. The worst part is over. I have all the connections working.

There are some things I have to download to the new system to have it running 100% like the server vaults. They can be put in quickly. Theres also some features I will need for everyone to see the server in gamespy.

The world will be up shortly, then I can take a break :)
CTP team member

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I took a day off as suggested then tonight re uploaded No IP and started doing the treasure database table. It seems to be working for 1rst ring potions and scrolls.

All I have to do now is get the right port settings for both the ini files and open the correct ports so people can see the server and connect via gamespy.
CTP team member