Gunsmithing and Restoration Forum
This Board is for anything you would like to discuss on any topic
Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Gunsmithing and Restoration Forum

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Alot of folk here probably do not know that I've been a working gunsmith for over 20 years now. I'm considering making a new tutorial set of forums on general gunsmithing tips and restoration tips. It wouldn't be the type of turorials about putting a screw in the wall for a painting.

It would be about general tips and things you can do to really restore something to its original look. Things like how to make screwdrivers so they cannot damage screw heads or how to properly take care of and use files. How to silver solder. I also have a few contributors willing to do tutorials who I highly respect as former teachers and colleagues from my past.

Before I start, I would like to know if anyone is interested in learning about these kinds of things? If there are a few folk interested I'll make a forum and do some simple tutorials about various tools and how too do's.
CTP team member
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Chief cook and bottle washer for Harvest Moon

Jace Salzman
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Re: Gunsmithing and Restoration Forum

Post by Jace Salzman »

You know man, I don't know that i'll be doing any restoration or anything in the near future but I think it would at least be cool to see. I don't know that much about guns, but I'm not against learning anything. Also you never know when something like that may be handy to know or at least know how to find.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Shattered Elements Design Lead

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Cool Jace, I have about 12 or 15 basic subjects I can do. Things like soft soldering and other stuff that people can use. I'll get a couple of things together and start them then.
CTP team member

Bannor Bloodfist
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Winterhawk99 wrote:Cool Jace, I have about 12 or 15 basic subjects I can do. Things like soft soldering and other stuff that people can use. I'll get a couple of things together and start them then.

***cough*** ummm... nothing ever materialized here? I know you are seriously considering moving, but I have not heard anything from you in quite a while. Hope everything is ok.
CTP Team Lead

Winterhawk99

Post by Winterhawk99 »

I'm still here Bannor Angel is in Texas getting things ready for me. I've been out of the game a long time occupied solely on work and customizing gunstocks at home. Been away a long time and With moving in a few weeks. So I'll be gone for still a while more yet. I paid the dues for the website but haven't done anything with it. Micheal Darkangel may want to take over the site. Havent been able to contact you for a long while.
CTP team member

Bannor Bloodfist
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Well, as you know, I have also replied via a pm, but to be public about the whole thing, just know that I certainly wish you and Angel the absolute best in the future. I have already, and will continue to do so in the future I guess, missed you both a lot already.

Take care, send an email if you ever feel like it.
CTP Team Lead